Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for Argos New Stadium!
The BC Lions had 19,000 last night (poor attendance) and that's due to the fact that some fans decided to watch and have drinks watching playoff baseball. I had 10 guys over at my house to watch baseball.

People across Canada have embraced the Jays. Here in Vancouver we have pretty good baseball culture and one only has to look at the games that the Jays play in Seattle. They are Jays home games. That was in the regular season and now magnify the interest of fans because it's the playoffs. The Jays also have a single "A" team in Vancouver that draws very well. Minor league baseball has always drawn well in Vancouver even before the Jays had their team based here. Nat Bailey Stadium is a beautiful ballpark to watch a game.

That's what the CFL is up against. Don't blame the people of Toronto. If the Eskimos were competing against the Oilers in the playoffs it would be no contest as to what the fans of Edmonton would choose so why blame the good people of Toronto?

Yes, I realize that NHL playoffs don't overlap with the CFL season.
Thanks given by:
Leafs home opener tonight as well. So yeah, unsurprisingly, the Argos didn't stand a chance today.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-15, 06:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Wow - that's how you are going to talk to me?

I've backed off on you so much the last week.

Have hardly responded to any of your posts and, when I have, have been so nice and respectful and that is the language you use with me.

Check yourself sir.  Check yourself.

I checked myself, no diseases
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Not physical anyways
Thanks given by:
No, I have no mental illnesses. Gotta be careful or I might offend Pouzar
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-15, 05:57 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Torontonians used to support the Argos just fine until they all got big headed, got this stupid idea in their heads that they're too good for the Argos.

You're right in a way. 

We've moved on from the CFL because it is beneath the City. Toronto sees itself on the level of New York, Boston, Chicago, LA, etc. Not Regina, Hamilton, etc.  So it's only natural that sports fans look it at that way. It's not stupid.

It's just not glamorous enough for Toronto.
Thanks given by:
So UN Canadian
Thanks given by:
Diversity is our strength.

We are the trailblazers. This minor league is beneath the country.
Thanks given by:
I call Bullshit. We as Canadians should embrace what is ours not reject it because it's not on par with our southern Neighbors.

Inferiority complex big time..
Thanks given by:
It will take time to build consistent support in Toronto.

A new place to play and tailgating is a good start.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
the Argos are also dropping like a stone too.

for a while they were still in the playoff hunt...if not fighting for the division...but now they won't even make the playoffs. (not what they wanted, with the Grey Cup being in Toronto)
Thanks given by:
Arg-what????
"Fool me once......shame on......shame on you......Go fool me can't get fool again!"  -  George W. Bush
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-15, 05:57 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Goes to show how full of **** you are.

Torontonians used to support the Argos just fine until they all got big headed, got this stupid idea in their heads that they're too good for the Argos.

The last time Toronto really supported the Argos was in the mid 90's. In the 20 some years since then they could have folded a couple of times due to fan indifference but they were propped up by TSN, David Braley and the other owners because the CFL needed Toronto in order to justify their TV deals.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-15, 08:41 PM)Moe Szyslak Wrote: It will take time to build consistent support in Toronto.

I don't think it will ever happen. They are viewed as second tier and nothing will change that perception.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 09:23 AM)duediligence Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 08:41 PM)Moe Szyslak Wrote: It will take time to build consistent support in Toronto.

I don't think it will ever happen. They are viewed as second tier and nothing will change that perception.

Perception needs to change.  People need to get over the insecurity.  There's nothing wrong with being a fan of two leagues.  

I respect the NFL and give the league it's due.  But I don't watch.

I wish I knew why Eastern Canadians have such a problem with enjoying the Canadian version of football. 

Seeing as we invented the modern game and introduced it to the Americans and have a rich history in the sport..

Hamilton and Ottawa are doing really good so why can't Toronto?
Thanks given by:
Its not insecurity - its an acknowledgement that it is simply a lower tier of football. It doesn't matter who created it or how long its been around - its simply a lower tier of football than the NFL - the talent level is lower than the NFL.

With all due respect, Cfl, if anyone is showing insecurity in this regard, it is you. You aren't able/willing to accept the fact that the league is a second tier league. In Edmonton, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa it has to compete against an NHL team, that is it - in Toronto, it has to compete against an MLB team and an NBA team - not to mention extreme proximity to a number of cities with NFL teams.

The CFL is not considered one of the four major professional north american sports leagues because it is not a top tier league in its sport. I'n not bashing the league - it just is what it is - a second tier football league.

Torontonians don't support the CFL like you think they should because of insecurities - your being so adamant that they provide more support seems to be predicated on insecurities.
Thanks given by:
Maybe they should move them to Kingston. Or Quebec City. Or even Halifax, but that's kinda far away.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 01:00 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Its not insecurity - its an acknowledgement that it is simply a lower tier of football.  It doesn't matter who created it or how long its been around - its simply a lower tier of football than the NFL - the talent level is lower than the NFL.

With all due respect, Cfl, if anyone is showing insecurity in this regard, it is you.   You aren't able/willing to accept the fact that the league is a second tier league.   In Edmonton, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa it has to compete against an NHL team, that is it - in Toronto, it has to compete against an MLB team and an NBA team - not to mention extreme proximity to a number of cities with NFL teams.

The CFL is not considered one of the four major professional north american sports leagues because it is not a top tier league in its sport.  I'n not bashing the league - it just is what it is - a second tier football league.

Torontonians don't support the CFL like you think they should because of insecurities - your being so adamant that they provide more support seems to be predicated on insecurities.

It shouldn't matter if it's not a top league, It's Canadian.
Thanks given by:
There is nothing wrong with the CFL being 2nd rate in terms of athletic prowess of it's players compared to the NFL. I am a HUGE NFL fan but I also watch the CFL. Variety is not a bad thing to have.

Junior and minor hockey is 2nd rate to the NHL but I love watching all hockey but LOVE the NHL. I don't think anybody can debate that the CFL is 2nd rate in quality but it's still pretty good entertainment.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 01:07 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 01:00 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Its not insecurity - its an acknowledgement that it is simply a lower tier of football.  It doesn't matter who created it or how long its been around - its simply a lower tier of football than the NFL - the talent level is lower than the NFL.

With all due respect, Cfl, if anyone is showing insecurity in this regard, it is you.   You aren't able/willing to accept the fact that the league is a second tier league.   In Edmonton, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa it has to compete against an NHL team, that is it - in Toronto, it has to compete against an MLB team and an NBA team - not to mention extreme proximity to a number of cities with NFL teams.

The CFL is not considered one of the four major professional north american sports leagues because it is not a top tier league in its sport.  I'n not bashing the league - it just is what it is - a second tier football league.

It shouldn't matter if it's not a top league, It's Canadian.

I don't understand why that matters?

I guess I should just stick to watching Kim's Convenience and Little Mosque on the Prairie because they are Canadian? No, I choose to watch American made TV because, for the most part, its better.

You are being highly hypocritical here unless, of course, you are primarily buying Canadian products, spending your money on Canadian made entertainment (i.e. Canadian movies), etc.

Anyways, I'm going to stop now for fear of being called a bully for engaging in a conversation with you - its something I'm, apparently, not really allowed to do.

Have a nice day.
Thanks given by: