Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for Argos New Stadium!
(2016-10-16, 01:53 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 01:07 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 01:00 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Its not insecurity - its an acknowledgement that it is simply a lower tier of football.  It doesn't matter who created it or how long its been around - its simply a lower tier of football than the NFL - the talent level is lower than the NFL.

With all due respect, Cfl, if anyone is showing insecurity in this regard, it is you.   You aren't able/willing to accept the fact that the league is a second tier league.   In Edmonton, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa it has to compete against an NHL team, that is it - in Toronto, it has to compete against an MLB team and an NBA team - not to mention extreme proximity to a number of cities with NFL teams.

The CFL is not considered one of the four major professional north american sports leagues because it is not a top tier league in its sport.  I'n not bashing the league - it just is what it is - a second tier football league.

Torontonians don't support the CFL like you think they should because of insecurities - your being so adamant that they provide more support seems to be predicated on insecurities.

It shouldn't matter if it's not a top league, It's Canadian.

I don't understand why that matters?  

I guess I should just stick to watching Kim's Convenience and Little Mosque on the Prairie because they are Canadian?   No, I choose to watch American made TV because, for the most part, its better.

You are being highly hypocritical here unless, of course, you are primarily buying Canadian products, spending your money on Canadian made entertainment (i.e. Canadian movies), etc.

Anyways, I'm going to stop now for fear of being called a bully for engaging in a conversation with you - its something I'm, apparently, not really allowed to do.

Have a nice day.

Sports and entertainment and products aren't the same.  If the CFL was just Canadian athletes then you could compare properly.

There are many great Canadian entertainers, musicians, actors out there.  But as far as Canadian made its all based on money.  If we had the money we could easily produce the same quality as our southern neighbors.

I watch the CFL despite the fact it doesn't have the best players out there.  I watch it because I firmly believe the game is better and if it had the best players it would be 10x better than the NFL.

That's just how I feel.  Some people out there aren't complex enough to realize that the best talent doesn't necessarily make it automatically the best.

Americans for the most part only know the NFL.   Nobody really knows how they would respond if they learned of the CFL.  Sure a lot would say it's inferior, it's a given but there would likely be some who wouldn't necessarily see it that way.

But to say the NFL IS the better game, as if it were a fact, like 5x5 = 25 is foolish.  Many Canadians think the opposite, doesn't necessarily make them wrong or foolish.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
CFL,

Give it a rest. The NFL is WAY better to watch. I am watching it right now. The fact is the CFL doesn't have the money and it isn't better.

If "If's" and "buts" were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day.

You drive a Kia so why didn't you buy Canadian made?
Thanks given by:
In your mind it is better. It's just an opinion.

The fact you prefer to watch football with their rules is your right.

Doesn't make it the better of the two games. Just in your mind..

CFL is a more complex, harder game to grasp than the NFL.

Many American players have come to the CFL figuring they just had to show up and they'd make the roster. The cruel reality is that wasn't so..

The bigger field, the extra man, the motion, it all makes the Canadian game harder to learn, harder to master.

I hate the arrogance so many American players have when they first come here, thinking it'll be a cakewalk.
Thanks given by:
In your mind you think that the CFL is better.

Why are you so hurting that people have opposing views to you?
Thanks given by:
I'm hurting because so many people dismiss it because it's not American football, it's like your only reason to not like it.

Canadians have such an inferiority complex about Canadian made product. We always compare everything to the USA. Our music, our actors, our athletes, our laws, our sports (except hockey)

Every time someone or something happens here in Canada people say "it's The Canadian version of _______ " we can't just love what we have here, we have to compare it to the American version.

Since hockey seems to be the only thing we are good at, no wonder so many Canadians obsess over hockey.

I could be like the rest of you and say NFL is better because they have the best players... Or I could say I love the CFL, who cares if they have the best players or not.

We should accept And embrace what is ours. Not throw it away because it doesn't sit par to Americans.
Thanks given by:
The NFL is better in our opinion because it is.....not because it's American. You're entitled to your opinion but don't try to impose it on others.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 05:34 PM)topgun Wrote: The NFL is better in our opinion because it is.....not because it's American. You're entitled to your opinion but don't try to impose it on others.

In your opinion...  There's no factual basis here.  It's not the law of football, the greatest football minds never sat down and declared the NFL is the best football game out there, no arguments allowed.

Btw, back in the day, many of the best players in football, both Canada and USA chose the CFL over the NFL.  

There are many examples from the 50s and 60s of Americans saying no to an NFL team to come up and play in the CFL.

today, they go for the money.  They go to get the 6 figure contracts to play in the giant stadiums, the huge glory the media enshrines on them.

Doesn't make the game the best version.

I've said it before...  If all things were equal and the Riders could pay 5 Million a season for a top notch player then all bets are off....  Since money is the decision maker in all aspects of life, anything would be possible.
Thanks given by:
CFL, you logic is laughable.

Fans vote with their eyes and wallets.

They're rejecting the CFL. What part of that can't you get?
Thanks given by:
Why because it's better than yours?

You don't say ever why you think the NFL is the better game.. You just say so.

Like Trump, says he'll do things different yet fails to give details and examples of how.

At least I'm giving you detailed explanations and factual events to back it up.

All you do is state your claim but fail to back it up with proof.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 05:43 PM)topgun Wrote: CFL, you logic is laughable.

Fans vote with their eyes and wallets.

They're rejecting the CFL. What part of that can't you get?

I didn't realize that so many Canadians go to NFL games.

Still doesn't declare the NFL better, end of story.

The sad truth is we won't ever get to see the best players play in the CFL.

But you can bet if they did then there'd many many more football fans following the CFL Than NFL.

But it's never going to happen because the CFL just can't afford that.
Thanks given by:
When you don't have the best athletes you are SECOND rate. End of story. It's not even the better game other than your opinion.
Thanks given by:
That's not how it is. So you wouldn't be capable of enjoying a CFL game solely on the fact it's not some American superstars?

You couldn't sit down and have a good time watching football just because of that?

Pretty sad.

I saw an NFL game live. It moved too slow for me and many of their rules are weird and illogical.

Doesn't mean I didn't have a good time.. I just did not find it as entertaining.. I was capable of putting aside the assumption you're making that the players make it better.

I thought the pace of the game was slower and the delays too long
Thanks given by:
It doesn't matter which "game is better" - I've never made a comment on "which game is better" - I've said, with confidence, that the CFL is a second tier league - that is, its players, its entertainers, its assets, are vastly inferior as a whole to the the NFL - I don't think you can dispute that.

It doesn't matter which "rules" or field-size one likes better - the CFL has vastly inferior athletes, vastly inferior talent and that makes it second tier.

Most people seem to want to watch the best athletes - they are not employed in the CFL.

Also, if you want to have a "which game is better debate" that is purely subjective - you are absolutely entitled to enjoy the Canadian game better, I enjoy the NFL game.

I despise the 25 year end-zone and love the added difficulty of the 10 yard end-zone. I despise the one-foot in bounds rule and think one of the most electrifying part of the NFL is the amazing shows of athleticism they show getting both feet down.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:02 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: That's not how it is.  So you wouldn't be capable of enjoying a CFL game solely on the fact it's not some American superstars?

You couldn't sit down and have a good time watching football just because of that?

Pretty sad.

I saw an NFL game live.  It moved too slow for me and many of their rules are weird and illogical.

Doesn't mean I didn't have a good time..  I just did not find it as entertaining..  I was capable of putting aside the assumption you're making that the players make it better.

I thought the pace of the game was slower and the delays too long

Go back and read the thread. As I said, I enjoy watching junior hockey but I enjoy the NHL. I watch the CFL, I can appreciate it but the NFL is MUCH better. 

Stop forcing your opinion on others who don't feel like you do.

The CFL is SECOND rate just as junior hockey is.
Thanks given by:
CFL isn't like Junior hockey. CFL is Pro like NFL. JR. Hockey is Amateur.

Funny, everyone can say whatever they want about the NFL and nobody gets upset, yet the minute someone says something against the NFL, all hell breaks loose.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:13 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: CFL isn't like Junior hockey.  CFL is Pro like NFL.   JR. Hockey is Amateur.

Funny, everyone can say whatever they want about the NFL and nobody gets upset, yet the minute someone says something against the NFL, all hell breaks loose.

CFL is SECOND rate.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:05 PM)Pouzar Wrote: It doesn't matter which "game is better" - I've never made a comment on "which game is better" - I've said, with confidence, that the CFL is a second tier league - that is, its players, its entertainers, its assets, are vastly inferior as a whole to the the NFL - I don't think you can dispute that.  

It doesn't matter which "rules" or field-size one likes better - the CFL has vastly inferior athletes, vastly inferior talent and that makes it second tier.

Most people seem to want to watch the best athletes - they are not employed in the CFL.

Also, if you want to have a "which game is better debate" that is purely subjective - you are absolutely entitled to enjoy the Canadian game better, I enjoy the NFL game.  

I despise the 25 year end-zone and love the added difficulty of the 10 yard end-zone.   I despise the one-foot in bounds rule and think one of the most electrifying part of the NFL is the amazing shows of athleticism they show getting both feet down.

The 20 yard endzone allows teams a better chance at scoring a TD.  Creates more possibilities and a wider range of plays to call.  10yd endzone a make it next to impossible to score because there's such little room.

Why would a fan want to see 8 out of 10 drives end in a Field goal because there's no room for the offence to do anything?  Paying fans want to see Touchdowns right?

NFL fields restrict the type of offensive plays and formations where as CFL fields allow for more options, more creativity, more selections of plays to use.  Better chances of scoring a Touchdown.

I've watched NFL games and I see repeatedly far fewer options used.  Why? Because they have such little room to do anything.  I don't find that exciting, I find it repetitive and boring. Such little imagination.

I find certain rules in the NFL hold back the possibilities.  No motion, reduces the possible routes receivers can run, advantage Defense.

I don't know how a 9-6 or 12-9 game can be considered entertaining?  Sounds like plenty of failures to me.

I guess growing up with the Canadian game since 6 years of age, I learned to appreciate and master the Canadian game, so it's hard for me to see how the NFL Offense is entertaining?
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:16 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 06:13 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: CFL isn't like Junior hockey.  CFL is Pro like NFL.   JR. Hockey is Amateur.

CFL is SECOND rate.

Only because it cannot afford the best players available.
Thanks given by:
A city of 6 mill in population gets 14,000 and another city on the west with close to 3 mill in population draws 19,000 because the product is SECOND rate.

Canadians are rejecting it. How many CFL teams have folded vs. NFL? The product is SECOND rate.
Thanks given by:
Be careful now. NFL have had teams fold too.

Wasn't always sunshine and glory.

Btw, NFL doesn't want the CFL to suffer. They want the CFL to succeed.

And fans aren't rejecting it.
Thanks given by: