Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for Argos New Stadium!
(2016-10-16, 06:41 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Be careful now.  NFL have had teams fold too.

Wasn't always sunshine and glory.

Btw, NFL doesn't want the CFL to suffer.  They want the CFL to succeed.

And fans aren't rejecting it.

LOL
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:27 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 06:05 PM)Pouzar Wrote: It doesn't matter which "game is better" - I've never made a comment on "which game is better" - I've said, with confidence, that the CFL is a second tier league - that is, its players, its entertainers, its assets, are vastly inferior as a whole to the the NFL - I don't think you can dispute that.  

It doesn't matter which "rules" or field-size one likes better - the CFL has vastly inferior athletes, vastly inferior talent and that makes it second tier.

Most people seem to want to watch the best athletes - they are not employed in the CFL.

Also, if you want to have a "which game is better debate" that is purely subjective - you are absolutely entitled to enjoy the Canadian game better, I enjoy the NFL game.  

I despise the 25 year end-zone and love the added difficulty of the 10 yard end-zone.   I despise the one-foot in bounds rule and think one of the most electrifying part of the NFL is the amazing shows of athleticism they show getting both feet down.

The 20 yard endzone allows teams a better chance at scoring a TD.  Creates more possibilities and a wider range of plays to call.  10yd endzone a make it next to impossible to score because there's such little room.

Why would a fan want to see 8 out of 10 drives end in a Field goal because there's no room for the offence to do anything?  Paying fans want to see Touchdowns right?

NFL fields restrict the type of offensive plays and formations where as CFL fields allow for more options, more creativity, more selections of plays to use.  Better chances of scoring a Touchdown.

I've watched NFL games and I see repeatedly far fewer options used.  Why? Because they have such little room to do anything.  I don't find that exciting, I find it repetitive and boring. Such little imagination.

I find certain rules in the NFL hold back the possibilities.  No motion, reduces the possible routes receivers can run, advantage Defense.

I don't know how a 9-6 or 12-9 game can be considered entertaining?  Sounds like plenty of failures to me.

I guess growing up with the Canadian game since 6 years of age, I learned to appreciate and master the Canadian game, so it's hard for me to see how the NFL Offense is entertaining?

All that long post did was explain how much easier it is to score points in the CFL game. Personally, I think its way too easy to score points in the CFL (mainly due to the giant endzone). I prefer the smaller end-zone and the increased level of difficulty to scoring - and the extreme talent and athleticism that the athletes show to score.

Essentially what you've said is that the talent level is so poor in the CFL that they require enlarged fields and offensive driven rules in order to artificially increase scoring to entertain their fans.

Your statement about field goal battles is such a crock of shit. You know what the scores were in the NFL today:

21-13
27-20
30-15
17-16
28-26
35-17
45-16
27-23
31-28
41-38
26-10
30-16
26-24 (in progres).

Shit, if these athletes had the CFL field and rules to work with - they'd be scoring 70-80 points.
Thanks given by:
They'd take their field and rules but their stadiums aren't big enough.

And just because this week didn't have any 9-6 scores doesn't meant it won't happen.

I guess you're a fan of low scoring, defensive games. And I'm a fan of higher scoring offensive games.

Oh and IF the NFL had CFL sized fields, they'd have to change their players.

Because they'd use the entire field, meaning their offences and defences would have to adapt.

Couldn't have 350lb lineman.. Things would change drastically.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 07:06 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: And just because this week didn't have any 9-6 scores doesn't meant it won't happen.

I guess you're a fan of low scoring, defensive games.  And I'm a fan of higher scoring offensive games.

1) Dude, take look at the scores for the NFL through 6 weeks - the scores I posted above are a representation of every week this season. There may be a 9-6 game at one point but it would be a extreme exception.

2) I'm not a fan of "low scoring games" - I'm a fan of watching the best athletes in the sport make plays in the parameters set in the NFL.

As I said in my initial post - "which game is better" is extremely subjective and is neither here nor there. I have not desire to have a debate with you about it especially considering that you are posting absolutely false information about these fantasy 9-6 games and the NFL being a low-scoring league which it is not.

It doesn't matter which game is "better" - there is one fact - the talent in the CFL is vastly inferior to the talent in the NFL and, frankly, for the most part, people want to watch the best athletes in the sport compete - this is why the CFL cannot compete with the NFL - it is a 2nd tier league and it has nothing to do with the rules or the field - it has to do with the athletes.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:02 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: That's not how it is.  So you wouldn't be capable of enjoying a CFL game solely on the fact it's not some American superstars?

You couldn't sit down and have a good time watching football just because of that?

Pretty sad.

I saw an NFL game live.  It moved too slow for me and many of their rules are weird and illogical.

Doesn't mean I didn't have a good time..  I just did not find it as entertaining..  I was capable of putting aside the assumption you're making that the players make it better.

I thought the pace of the game was slower and the delays too long

Exactly.  I don't find the cfl as entertaining or enjoyable.  So, since I don't find it all that entertaining, are you okay to accept that others prefer something else instead without assaulting their allegiance to canada?  Cuz honestly, thats ridiculous.

Btw, the Jays are the only canadian team - for shame you don't support them - you're so uncanadian!  Wink
Thanks given by:
The CFL doesn't want to compete with the NFL. They want their countries fans to like both.

I'm not disagreeing with you Pouzar.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 07:13 PM)RyeRocks Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 06:02 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: That's not how it is.  So you wouldn't be capable of enjoying a CFL game solely on the fact it's not some American superstars?

You couldn't sit down and have a good time watching football just because of that?

Pretty sad.

I saw an NFL game live.  It moved too slow for me and many of their rules are weird and illogical.

Doesn't mean I didn't have a good time..  I just did not find it as entertaining..  I was capable of putting aside the assumption you're making that the players make it better.

I thought the pace of the game was slower and the delays too long

Exactly.  I don't find the cfl as entertaining or enjoyable.  So, since I don't find it all that entertaining, are you okay to accept that others prefer something else instead without assaulting their allegiance to canada?  Cuz honestly, thats ridiculous.

Btw, the Jays are the only canadian team - for shame you don't support them - you're so uncanadian!  Wink

No!  Go jump in a lake! Wink

Totally joking.  

I'm just not sure why people can't appreciate its own heritage?
Thanks given by:
Why do people have to like the CFL because its Canadian?
Thanks given by:
I appreciate my own heritage... but that doesn't mean I find it entertaining. Two completely different concepts.
Thanks given by:
CFL, when you don't own a Canadian made vehicle how can you lecture about Canadian, Canadian Products when you make a choice based on your desire? It's hypocritical to hold others to a different standard.
Thanks given by:
All our cars aren't one or another.

My car was manufactured and built in Canada
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 07:36 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: All our cars aren't one or another.

My car was manufactured and built in Canada

Congrats.

Still..... the CFL is second rate. That's my opinion and that of MANY others CANADIANS.
Thanks given by:
Fine, so about 25% of Canadians are CFL fans..
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 06:13 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: CFL isn't like Junior hockey.  CFL is Pro like NFL.   JR. Hockey is Amateur.

You are correct. The more apt comparison would be that the CFL is like the AHL, or the Pacific Coast League in baseball.

A minor professional league.
Thanks given by:
Or the swiss hockey league
Thanks given by:
WHA
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 08:58 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: WHA

Are you trying to foreshadow extinction?

If you go WAY earlier in this thread I did say junior hockey or the minors (meaning AHL).
Thanks given by:
No, it's just a closer comparison.
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 09:24 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: No, it's just a closer comparison.

Yes, extinction is a closer comparison. Glad we agree
Thanks given by:
(2016-10-16, 09:24 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: No, it's just a closer comparison.

The WHA is a closer comparison? I don't think so.

The WHA stared with dozens of players defecting from the NHL to the WHA - there may be a couple of CFL players that could make it in the NFL but the CFL simply does not contain hordes of NFL level talent.

Also, teams from the WHA merged in to the NHL. Could you imagine the Riders merging in to the NFL any playing the Falcons next week?

NFL/CFL is more close to NHL/AHL or NHL/ECHL.
Thanks given by: