Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurs v. Chelsea
Big game for Spurs.  

I'm hoping for a draw for the mathematical implications to United, but really I couldn't give a ****.
Thanks given by:
I think I'm with you on this one Busby....although I'm slightly leaning more towards the Spurs.
While I really dislike Chelsea, it's hard to not like Conte.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, fair enough. I enjoy watching Spurs. Always have. I find them to be more like minded with United in terms of their play style.

I don't have a problem with Conte, he seems like a decent fella. A little excitable though. I'm also not a fan of his footballing tactics. I fee like it's easy to play defensive football with a back five. I know people will say they play 3-4-2-1, but it's a back five in disguise. It's just boring, unimagined play that is more cautious than anything.

They're being challenged now though.
Thanks given by:
'Deli sandwich' does nothing all half and pops up with THE header.

You've got to admit...the kid is definitely on the up. He's a really nice prospect.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Only one thing better than one dele sandwich...two dele sandwiches.

Take note epl clubs...Moses cannot defend.  Erickson and Dele are giving Moses a real shagging.
Thanks given by:
Does the name Harry Winks make anyone else giggle?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 04:16 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Only one thing better than one dele sandwich...two dele sandwiches.

Take note epl clubs...Moses cannot defend.  Erickson and Dele are giving Moses a real shagging.

Still kills me that Erickson only cost £11 million... Still my fave player out there, even though he isn't typical of my fave style, though, I'm quickly becoming a superfan of Mkhitaryan. I love my counter attacking speed demon wingers! 
Thanks given by:
And then it was 5 points
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 04:48 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Does the name Harry Winks make anyone else giggle?

I once coached a kid called Harry Potts  (now say that in an English accent, and you get hairy pits).

But to answer your question, no, I haven't giggled since my gender re-assignment surgery.
Thanks given by:
I thought Moses was linked with Barcelona?!

This was bound to happen, really. An excellent set of games played by Chelsea, but today they got beat in midfield and down the wings. Pochettino did a great job of setting up the team to keep the wingbacks deep so Spurs only had to defend against three players (two and a half if we count Pedro's actual ability).

Wanyama was MOTM for me, but Erikson was deadly all game. A fun one to watch, though I don't think this does anything to Chelsea's title hopes. They get Liverpool and Arsenal back to back.

If we beat Liverpool, then things will be more interesting. It's really too bad Arsenal bottled it yesterday. Might have made that game vs Chelsea more interesting.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 04:53 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 04:16 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Only one thing better than one dele sandwich...two dele sandwiches.

Still kills me that Erickson only cost £11 million... Still my fave player out there, even though he isn't typical of my fave style, though, I'm quickly becoming a superfan of Mkhitaryan. I love my counter attacking speed demon wingers! 

Eriksen exploited the sweet uncovered area between Matic and Hazard to get those two crosses into Dele.  Dele exploited Moses.  That's the recipe for beating Chelsea.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 04:57 PM)miltonred Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 04:48 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Does the name Harry Winks make anyone else giggle?

I once coached a kid called Harry Potts  (now say that in an English accent, and you get hairy pits).

But to answer your question, no, I haven't giggled since my gender re-assignment surgery.
What is the exact insinuation here?  Only girls, Arsenal fans and the gender confused giggle?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 05:21 PM)Busby Wrote: I thought Moses was linked with Barcelona?!

This was bound to happen, really.  An excellent set of games played by Chelsea, but today they got beat in midfield and down the wings.  Pochettino did a great job of setting up the team to keep the wingbacks deep so Spurs only had to defend against three players (two and a half if we count Pedro's actual ability).  

Wanyama was MOTM for me, but Erikson was deadly all game.  A fun one to watch, though I don't think this does anything to Chelsea's title hopes. They get Liverpool and Arsenal back to back.  

If we beat Liverpool, then things will be more interesting.  It's really too bad Arsenal bottled it yesterday.  Might have made that game vs Chelsea more interesting.
Jeebus Busby.  3-0 would have qualified as a bottle...3-3 and robbed by officiating, is not a bottle.  We sit outside of a cl place.  I suggest to you that the match vs Chelsea has extra interest given our current placement in the table.  It's a massive match.

At least we agree that Poch won the coaching duel today.
Thanks given by:
Really? You think your match vs. Bournemouth was down to reffing? THEY had a man sent off for a very soft red man!

Good luck to you sir.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 09:33 AM)Busby Wrote: Really? You think your match vs. Bournemouth was down to reffing?  THEY had a man sent off for a very soft red man!

Good luck to you sir.
My suggestion that Oliver bottled the day is at least as valid as your assertion that the Arsenal bottled.

Do you think the 'soft red' was a make up call?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the red was questionable for sure and certainly affected the outcome of the game. No way Arsenal comes back to tie without it.

As far as a make up call goes; a make up for what? the PK? That was deserved IMO.

The BOU ARS match came down to Bellerin being a pylon the first half and Wenger's side not being able to match Bournemouth's intensity or counter.

2 games in 48 hours might not help either.

Either way, the Arsenal didn't deserve a point and wouldn't have gotten it without the red.
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
Thrilled to see this result of course. Didn't see the game. In Mexico with La Familia at the dreaded (or dreadful) 'All Inclusive' which features wifi from the early Mayan era
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 11:01 AM)venison_casserole Wrote: Yeah, the red was questionable for sure and certainly affected the outcome of the game. No way Arsenal comes back to tie without it.

As far as a make up call goes; a make up for what? the PK? That was deserved IMO.

The BOU ARS match came down to Bellerin being a pylon the first half  and Wenger's side not being able to match Bournemouth's intensity or counter.

2 games in 48 hours might not help either.

Either way, the Arsenal didn't deserve a point and wouldn't have gotten it without the red.
Mmmm...debateable.  We were a driving force coming back from 3-" with gale force momentu
.  Removing a single player from a team defending with 10 behind the balland not venturing out of their end doesn't affect team shape at all.  However, as luck had it, the red did take out the Bournemouth captain, biggest man, central defender and Giroud's main man marker...so yeah, hard not to say the red didn't help get us the draw.

Howe's game tactical management over the final 20 was also a factor in the Arsenal comeback
Thanks given by:
have to agree that taking King out was probably not the best sub decision by Howe.

Down one man behind the ball doesn't affect shape much, but it does limit options somewhat. Bournemouth were much more cautious on the counter following the sending off. Not having Francis marking Giroud also meant the back had to re-prioritise
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 06:23 PM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 04:57 PM)miltonred Wrote:

What is the exact insinuation here?  Only girls, Arsenal fans and the gender confused giggle?

Its a cry for help!
I thought this was a safe place to share?  Grin
Thanks given by: