Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stars [emoji92] @ Oilers [emoji970]
(2017-03-14, 01:43 PM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 01:34 PM)AJGass5 Wrote: Oh brother, what's he going to say to him, "Um, feel like being a hockey player Benoit?"

Seriously, this guy has had so many chances to show that he gives a damn and he comes up short every f'n time.

These are the decisions I can't stand from our coach.  Vet or not, Pouliot does not deserve to play.

Maybe he will come out and score!!!!  Not holding my breath but man would it be nice to see Poo Poo score 1 and RNH tonight.!!!!!

Need the win so lets hope they do!

Goal scorers tonight in 5-2 win

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Poo Poo
Lucic PP

McD 3 points

Now how optimistic is that!!!!!!

Almost were Nostradamus there Mac.
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-14, 10:46 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: The Oilers needed that - nothing like a blow-out to get the team flowing again.

Thank you Dallas for a much needed morale boost.

I can't think of the last time anything Dallas made me happy. 

Depth is good. But so is winning the Art Ross. Why can't we have both?
Thanks given by:
I'm constantly reading complaints that there is no secondary scoring, this is a one line team and that the team is totally dependant on McDavid.

The team explodes offensively and have five goals with no points from McDavid and people don't understand why one might consider that a good thing? The team doing the exact thing fans criticize them for not being able to do?

It will be great to have McDavid win the Art Ross, however, as a fan of the Oilers, i will take it as a huge positive when they can win a game and aren't reliant on McDavid (OT Talbot) to carry the team in their shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-14, 11:08 PM)AJGass5 Wrote: I just care about winning and I don't give a damn who scores.

Yikes, Pouliot!  I was just complaining about him and then he makes me eat crow.  

That felt so good.  Hopefully this will turn their confidence up a bit.

Told you he would score LMAO!!!!!  Kidding
Good on Poo Poo!!!! Nice to see him get that 8,000 lb Gorilla of his ass. Maybe this gets him going a bit.

Great win for these boys for sure!!!!!! They needed an output like this one.

Important thing here is to have a great game Thursday against the Bruins and not come out like against the Canadians like they did after Pitt.

Nice to see Lucic get that 1st star of the game. He has been the drive on that 2nd line for 7-8 games with Eberle and him looking quite well together. RNH got a nice weird goal and maybe that gets him going on the score sheet as well.

Kassian is definitely that 3rd line but DD has shown very good in 3 of 5 games and Poo Poo looked good last night. That is a very good thing moving forward if that line can play solid

Drai got 2 assists last night ( I have no idea how he got that one on the 1st as Klef and Lucic played back and forth twice after he got it to Klef.) and on the second it was in his skates. when Maroon grabbed it. Of course I am happy he got 2 assists but I thought his game was off a bit until that 3rd when he played rather well.

Maroon was a bit laggy in the 1st but great the rest of the way.

All the D played very well and Nurse as I have said before is already a Beast when he plays smart , which seems to be a lot more regular this year.

Talbot was solid.

I will say that Dallas has absolutely no Heart after they go down early,. they looked like a totally defeated bunch after that 2nd goal.  Shows how important good goaltending and D are. As both of their's are really bad.

PS Hendo needs to be sat down for 2 games at least to catch his breath. Even Letestu has looked a bit slow on that 3rd the last 2 games albeit they both looked good on the Pk last night.

Shleppy had a very strong game last night and I would sit Hendo against the Bruins, but not sure if they will. Paks would be my choice as Shleppy and Paks are bot fast skaters and both like to hit.

GO OIL!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-14, 11:02 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 10:21 PM)Bandit Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 09:46 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Awesome to score 5 goals with no points from McDavid.  

Yes!!  It truly is awesome that Kane passed McDavid in the points race.  Icon_rolleyes

Turn your head side to side really fast and give your head a shake!!!

Some may enjoy your "optimism" Pouz but that comment definitely gets filed under, WTF???????

Seriously?

So much talk about relying on McDavid and the team being unable to win if McDavid doesn't rack up points.

So much talk about lack of secondary scoring.

You don't see how scoring 5 goals without McDavid getting a point is an excellent sign?

I care a bit more about the team's performance than McDavid winning the Art Ross.

Actually McDavid was responsible for 3 goals last night. If he is not on the ice for Maroons goal the D man is not even worried about the winger who opened up that ice for Maroon. He drew the penalty that got the second goal and I notice a lot now how 2 PK defenders always float more to his side thus leaving Lucic and Klef really open to play pitch and catch and then a lazer in the net. And yes very nice goal with that saucer from Maroon.

Very nice to see 7 different scores though regardless we really needed that.
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-14, 11:39 PM)teamblue Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 01:43 PM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 01:34 PM)AJGass5 Wrote: Oh brother, what's he going to say to him, "Um, feel like being a hockey player Benoit?"

Seriously, this guy has had so many chances to show that he gives a damn and he comes up short every f'n time.

These are the decisions I can't stand from our coach.  Vet or not, Pouliot does not deserve to play.

Maybe he will come out and score!!!!  Not holding my breath but man would it be nice to see Poo Poo score 1 and RNH tonight.!!!!!

Need the win so lets hope they do!

Goal scorers tonight in 5-2 win

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Poo Poo
Lucic PP

McD 3 points

Now how optimistic is that!!!!!!

Almost were Nostradamus there Mac.

LMAO, I really felt a blowout but not 7. Glad they got them.  Lets just hope we come out on fire against the Bears. I HATE BOSTON!!!!!! Taking my City Of Edmonton police Detective buddy who is a Bruins fan.  LOL he has an Old Orr Jersey that was his dad's.  I might have to beat him up!!!!!!  ( Kidding he would just shoot me). Should be fun.
But we must win and get on a roll here.
Thanks given by:

Told you he would score LMAO!!!!!  Kidding
Good on Poo Poo!!!! Nice to see him get that 8,000 lb Gorilla of his ass. Maybe this gets him going a bit.

Important thing here is to have a great game Thursday against the Bruins and not come out like against the Canadians like they did after Pitt.

Nice to see Lucic get that 1st star of the game. He has been the drive on that 2nd line for 7-8 games with Eberle and him looking quite well together. RNH got a nice weird goal and maybe that gets him going on the score sheet as well.

Kassian is definitely that 3rd line but DD has shown very good in 3 of 5 games and Poo Poo looked good last night. That is a very good thing moving forward if that line can play solid

Drai got 2 assists last night ( I have no idea how he got that one on the 1st as Klef and Lucic played back and forth twice after he got it to Klef.) and on the second it was in his skates. when Maroon grabbed it. Of course I am happy he got 2 assists but I thought his game was off a bit until that 3rd when he played rather well.

All the D played very well and Nurse as I have said before is already a Beast when he plays smart , which seems to be a lot more regular this year.

Talbot was solid.

I will say that Dallas has absolutely no Heart after they go down early,. they looked like a totally defeated bunch after that 2nd goal.  Shows how important good goaltending and D are. As both of their's are really bad.

PS Hendo needs to be sat down for 2 games at least to catch his breath. Even Letestu has looked a bit slow on that 3rd the last 2 games albeit they both looked good on the Pk last night.

Shleppy had a very strong game last night and I would sit Hendo against the Bruins, but not sure if they will. Paks would be my choice as Shleppy and Paks are bot fast skaters and both like to hit.

GO OIL!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wow - Mac and I have almost an identical analysis of the game - what's going on?

Yup, great to see a nice game from Pouliot - he's got it in him and if he brings that consistently down the stretch is a material plus for this team.

Lucic has been great for a few weeks now and last night was one of his best games of the year. Him and Eberle are finding a bit of chemistry. If only Nuge could get some of his offensive creativity back.

Kassian was awesome last night, once again. He is very very solid on the boards and responsible all over the ice. I like him and Pouliot, two big wingers with speed, on DD's wing.

2 assists but I didn't think Drai had a great game again last night. He got that assist as he passed the puck back to the point - it was actually a very weak pass and Klef made a nice play at the blueline.

Agreed on Maroon - can't argue with 1g and 1a and some nice creative offensive plays.

D as a group was fantastic - some wobble in Klefbom's defensive game but I thought the other 5 were very solid as a group. Nice bounce back game from Russell.

Yup, Hendo was one weak spot last night. Letestu didn't do much either but there weren't many special teams opportunities either way which is where he earns his paycheque.

Very much liked Shleppy's game - love his willingness to shoot the puck.
Thanks given by:
(2017-03-15, 08:49 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Told you he would score LMAO!!!!!  Kidding

Talbot was solid.

GO OIL!!!!!!

Wow - Mac and I have almost an identical analysis of the game - what's going on?

Yup, great to see a nice game from Pouliot - he's got it in him and if he brings that consistently down the stretch is a material plus for this team.

Lucic has been great for a few weeks now and last night was one of his best games of the year.    Him and Eberle are finding a bit of chemistry.   If only Nuge could get some of his offensive creativity back.

Kassian was awesome last night, once again.  He is very very solid on the boards and responsible all over the ice.  I like him and Pouliot, two big wingers with speed, on DD's wing.

2 assists but I didn't think Drai had a great game again last night.   He got that assist as he passed the puck back to the point - it was actually a very weak pass and Klef made a nice play at the blueline.  

Agreed on Maroon - can't argue with 1g and 1a and some nice creative offensive plays.

D as a group was fantastic - some wobble in Klefbom's defensive game but I thought the other 5 were very solid as a group.  Nice bounce back game from Russell.

Yup, Hendo was one weak spot last night.   Letestu didn't do much either but there weren't many special teams opportunities either way which is where he earns his paycheque.

Very much liked Shleppy's game - love his willingness to shoot the puck.
[/quote]

LOL,,,,,   Ya Klef seemed a bit off after he got smoked in the throat.  But still played good. Some would not have come back after that.  Good on him.

Yes like I said Hendo could use a game off against Boston but Coach seems to like him in the games he figyres will be a bit rougher. I don't think Boston plays that rough style as much anymore really soi I would take the speed of Paks or even Caggiula on that 3rd.

Paks/Letestu/Shleppy  or
Caggiula/Letestu/Shleppy

If they are worried about a rough game even Kuwhar could be added.
Thanks given by:
Nurse led the team in icetime last night - he's picking up where he left off before his injury. Playing mostly very solid hockey - he's got great potential - can't wait to see what he'll be in 2 years.
Thanks given by:
I assume that Oil4Ever knows of his responsibility to start the game thread this morning.

Thanks given by:
(2017-03-16, 05:55 AM)Pouzar Wrote: I assume that Oil4Ever knows of his responsibility to start the game thread this morning.

Done Wink

Thanks given by:
Atta boy!
Thanks given by: