Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide Pool - Week 15
What's next week look like? Might make it easier
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure I'll take the Colts at home to the Jags in week 17, should I survive that far
Thanks given by:
Wow Rye, good luck!  

And congrats to savary on winning...Damn Chiefs! !
Thanks given by:
Thanks all... just did the walk of shame.... Captains hat on, pajama bottoms... big Winter boots... in the snow... What a lovely sight!!! Nothin like a great night out, champagne n a big english breakfast,.... and now... my faithful couch awaits ( while my wifey gives me the stare down... )

Cheers!!!

Good luck Rye!!!

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Quite the celebration for winning this thing by the sounds of it Silly
Thanks given by:
Anyone still alive in their fantasy leagues?  

I made the finals in one of my 2.  Can't complain, I think second at least gets thier money back.  I should probably look into that...
Thanks given by:
I need 9.7 points from Stewart/Cousins in the 2nd half to make the final as the last seed!
Thanks given by:
I'm in the Final in one league.... Got "Brees-ed'" in my other semi...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Made the final. Face the 2nd seed who crushed me about a month ago. Fun while it lasted lol
Thanks given by:
Good luck, finalists.. I got knocked out of my two fantasy leagues
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that Rye
Thanks given by:
I woke up at 5am this morning torn over my suicide pick this week.

San Diego plays the worst team (cleveland), but San Diego can't seem to beat anyone and has been coughing up 4th quarter leads to everyone all year long. If Cleveland wants to finish with a win this year, this is the game to win because they play in Pittsburgh next week. Apparently Griffin won't be starting, but that could be a good thing for the Browns. San Diego doesn't have much to play for, except not being the only team to lose to Cleveland. I feel this is a trap game. I've been avoiding betting against cleveland all year to not fall into that trap, and this might be cleveland's best chance.

Tennessee is probably the most talented team for me to choose from, but I"m a bit concerned about Bortles getting up for this one after getting called out by the owner, and not sure how the new coach affects things. Road game for the Titans, that they must win to have a shot at the playoffs. I'm starting to think this is the game I should pick.

Washington just came of a devastating home loss that may have sealed their playoff chances, but should be a much better team than the Bears. I think Cousins is going to bounce back huge. But Barkley seems to be getting better every week and now Jeffrey is back and their running game seems to be doing well. They almost beat the Pack in Chicago last week, and are very capable of beating the Redskins in Chicago too.

Decisions, decisions...
Thanks given by:
I'd go with San Diego, there offense is too good, and quite frankly, they are just too good. 5-9, but even in point differential, and all but 1 loss has been a 1 possession game, and every loss has been to a team either in a playoff spot currently, or is still mathematically alive.

And if for some reason they lose, it probably wasn't meant to be. Just my 2 cents(and way out Silly )
Thanks given by:
Rye,

At this time of year I usually shy away from warm weather or dome teams when they're on the road in a cold environment. If the weather in Cleveland is 3 or 4 Celsius or above then I would consider San Diego. Just think how awful Russel Wilson looked against Green Bay in that frozen environment.

I usually hate it when there is a coaching change late in the season because players try to audition for a job for next season.

The Rams did lay an egg in Seattle after the firing of Jeff Fisher but you could blame John Fassel for his bizarre 4th down decisions.
Thanks given by:
Good points guys, appreciate the input. topgun, You're essentially ruling out both Tennessee and San Diego. Yie. Happy
Thanks given by:
FWIW, Rivers is 35-16 in December and January games.
Thanks given by:
Also Rye,

Be wary of west coast teams playing the early game in the eastern time zone.

Two games I can point to in the playoffs that involved Seattle:

Against Atlanta in 2012 where Atlanta took a huge lead in the first. Seattle woke up in the second half, came back and took the lead with less than a minute left in the game. Atlanta got the ball back and beat Seattle on a Matt Bryant field goal.

Last year Carolina jumped out to a HUGE first half lead and then barely hung as Seattle came back.

Seattle is better in early starts than they used to be but their performance is noticeably worse in the first half of most of those games.
Thanks given by: