Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super bowl Picks?
(2016-12-22, 12:37 AM)minigunn Wrote: I got the Cowboys vs.....i dunno! My other fav team is the Raiders tho... who ya got?

I am not surprised by this pick Wink

You have the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl even in the years they don't make the playoffs Wink
Thanks given by:
looks like Denver is going to miss out.

sometimes you need more than defense

As for Superbowl...I'll hope for anyone but Patriots, Cowboys, or Giants. Happy

Carr being out hurts the Raiders huge...regardless of their O Line.

so, I'll hope for...Steelers v Falcons...kinda of a long shot guess...but as I said...don't want Pats, or Cowboys...and Oakland won't make it without Carr.

(that said...it will probably be Pats vs Boys...with Brady winning again.)
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't mind seeing Houston there, JJ Watt would be fun to watch.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-25, 09:31 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Houston there, JJ Watt would be fun to watch.

On the sidelines?

I am a fan of Houston....... 

The Houston Oilers that is Happy
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-25, 09:38 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2016-12-25, 09:31 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing Houston there, JJ Watt would be fun to watch.

On the sidelines?

I am a fan of Houston....... 

The Houston Oilers that is Happy

Is he done? I couldn't remember if he went on season ending IR or not, just thought it'd be a cool story if he came back for it
Thanks given by:
I love watching JJ Watt but he's out for the year unfortunately. He does look like he's making a nice recovery because he was jumping up and down on the sidelines so that is great news.
Thanks given by:
That's too bad. Not sure how season ending IR works in regards to the playoffs. He'd have another 5-6 weeks until the Super Bowl.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-25, 10:02 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: That's too bad. Not sure how season ending IR works in regards to the playoffs. He'd have another 5-6 weeks until the Super Bowl.

You're allowed one player that is put on IR per team to return during the season after 8 weeks. 

Watt looks healthy but he has been shut down for the year. I sense that with his surgery that the recovery will take more time so he's able to handle the contact without re-injuring his back.
Thanks given by:
Seahawks over Patriots

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 07:14 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Seahawks over Patriots

I would love to see the Seahawks win the Super Bowl but you have to be NUTS to pick them or still severely intoxicated from the holidays to make that pick.

The Seahawks O-line is absolutely pathetic. Their defense isn't as solid as in the years past. Crappy teams have hit Russell Wilson 15 to 20 times a game. No QB can throw passes while he's on his back. They have no running game because of that crappy O-line. The defense spends so much more time on the field than in the years past because they lack a running game and are usually worn out by the 4th quarter. 

In the years past their run blocking was pretty good, they traded away a 1st rounder + former pro bowl center in Max Unger, then, they lost Okung and JR Sweezy to free agency. All of them are great run blockers.

That Jimmy Graham trade is horrible. I said it at that time. Graham is a great player but he is not a good blocker in the run game. The Seahawks can't protect Wilson well enough to target Graham. Unger + 1st round are worth way more than what Graham has brought to the Seahawks. 

My nephew is 13 and he LOVES the Seahawks. The kid is a HUGE football fan and I've had to temper his expectations because these aren't the same Seahawks from the years past especially without Earl Thomas.
Thanks given by:
No team in the NFC scares me. The Lions? please. When was the last time they won a playoff round? the Falcons? they don't play defense. Russell Wilson would dissect that team. The Cowboys? meh. I actually think they're a GREAT matchup for the Seahawks.

Thanks given by:
So losing to the Saints, Bucs, Cards and the Rams but the playoff teams don't scare you? The Rams have always played the Hawks tough.

I wish I had your confidence but be prepared for someone to bump this thread. With your comments highlighted.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-25, 04:56 PM)Limestoner Wrote: They still have one of the best O lines in the game.

The back up to the back up is playing, things don't look good for the raaaaaaaaiders
Thanks given by:
Bongster,

You must be so happy that the 49ers have fired GM Trent Baalke. I've been saying that Baalke has been a horrendous GM for 3 years and he lived off the talent that he was given. That set the 49ers back by 4 to 5 years.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 07:59 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: No team in the NFC scares me. The Lions? please. When was the last time they won a playoff round? the Falcons? they don't play defense. Russell Wilson would dissect that team. The Cowboys? meh. I actually think they're a GREAT matchup for the Seahawks.

This is pretty funny.

The Seahawks are not scary at all.

Like, not at all.
Thanks given by:
I predict that Atlanta would crush Seattle if the game happened. And Green Bay too. Probably the stinky Giants would beat them too but it would be exceedingly boring.
Thanks given by:
Seattle is a question mark, no doubt. They wouldn't surprise if they were one and done, or if made all the way to the SB.
So much experience and pride...
Thanks given by:
Seattle nearly lost to the 49ers.

The! Forty! Niners!

That is NOT a good sign for them.
Thanks given by:
There's going to be an upset, and it'll be the Cowboys losing.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
Seattle will win their home game, but if they have to win in both Atlanta and Dallas, I can't see that happening
Thanks given by: