Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super bowl Picks?
(2017-01-04, 10:24 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: There's going to be an upset, and it'll be the Cowboys losing.

Lack of playoff experience can be a bit of a wildcard that's for sure. And since a big part of the Cowboys offence is led by a pair of rookies, it's certainly a possibility.
Thanks given by:
I just filled out my bracket and I have Patriots vs Falcons in the final. But could easily be Pitt and GB or some combo of the 4. Dallas too of course.

I'd like to think the Giants can upset the pack and set up a third Gmen-'boys game, but I think the Pack is just too hot right now and they'll be very hard to beat until they arrive in Atlanta in the conf final.
Thanks given by:
I've got Dallas and KC in the Superbowl in my bracket. I'll probably fill out a less 'homer' version when I pop into another favourite watering hole tomorrow.

Might still have the Boys in the final though, just not winning it. Grin
Thanks given by:
How about a giants vs pats part three lol
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 04:17 PM)MDMN1017 Wrote: How about a giants vs pats part three lol

That would be nice Grin I'm pretty sure Doppelganger would be up for that as well... Grin Wink

But I'm not sure I can bet against New England; I've said it many times, it doesn't matter who they have playing on offense or defense, with Brady & Belichick leading the way, seems nothing can stand in their way. There's a reason they've been so methotically dominant in the NFL throughout the last 15 years.... Shocked
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-05, 12:20 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 10:24 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: There's going to be an upset, and it'll be the Cowboys losing.

Lack of playoff experience can be a bit of a wildcard that's for sure. And since a big part of the Cowboys offence is led by a pair of rookies, it's certainly a possibility.

The Cowboys are going to be very good for quite some time as long as Dak Prescott & Ezekiel Elliott can lead their promising young talented group. Of course....the lack-of-experience factor could play a role here; chances are they face either the Giants( and their much-improved defence & who have already beaten the Cowboys twice this year )or they could get the red-hot Packers led by Aaron Rodgers in the Divisional Round. There could be an upset in the making...& for a young, up-&-coming Cowboys squad, it could be a case of "they have to experience losing in order to make them better & learn how to win"....
Thanks given by:
Admittedly, I've had a 'soft spot' for Matty Ice & the Falcons in the NFC as well; they've had several teams that made the playoffs & looked like a legit Super Bowl contender...only to get steamrolled by the Packers along the way or find more ways to stumble in the playoffs. Unfortunately for Matt Ryan & the Falcons, they have indeed developed a 'reputation' come playoff time....& it hasn't exactly been a very good one come January....even this year, they look as solid as ever....but they might just wind up suffering yet another playoff disappointment as per usual...

I really like Matt Ryan at QB, especially considering the impressive numbers he put up this year. But has never gotten it done in the playoffs. And that's a bit concerning...
Thanks given by:
Here we go! Giants and Packers obviously the game of the weekend. I don't like the Pack but I think they sneak thru. Rodgers vs Cowboys? That's gonna be a good one!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 07:59 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: No team in the NFC scares me. The Lions? please. When was the last time they won a playoff round? the Falcons? they don't play defense. Russell Wilson would dissect that team. The Cowboys? meh. I actually think they're a GREAT matchup for the Seahawks.

This post made me smile Happy

I've found Seahawks fans to me among the cockiest sports fans I've talked to. Perhaps that's with good reason, but I think the Falcons showed that they were clearly a superior team. I thought the Seahawks had a shot at the Superbowl simply due to the Russell Wilson factor, but I was wrong. They had a creampuff opponent in the wildcard round, but they were never really in that game against the Falcons once the second half started.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 07:59 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: No team in the NFC scares me. The Lions? please. When was the last time they won a playoff round? the Falcons? they don't play defense. Russell Wilson would dissect that team. The Cowboys? meh. I actually think they're a GREAT matchup for the Seahawks.

heh.. I second encore's bump Happy

Seriously though, everyone could see it coming.  Seattle wasn't that impressive this year.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-15, 04:58 PM)encore Wrote:

This post made me smile Happy

I've found Seahawks fans to me among the cockiest sports fans I've talked to. Perhaps that's with good reason, but I think the Falcons showed that they were clearly a superior team. I thought the Seahawks had a shot at the Superbowl simply due to the Russell Wilson factor, but I was wrong. They had a creampuff opponent in the wildcard round, but they were never really in that game against the Falcons once the second half started.

Encore,

I have called this poster out many times. he is just blind with blind faith. I have seen arrogant fans in every fan base. I have friends that are Pats fans, Packer fans, Cowboys fans, 49ers fans, Steeler fans and there is arrogance in each fan base.

If you scroll up in the thread. I called out Canuxxx the minute he wrote that post. I am glad that you had a chuckle at that but I think you're going too far the other way in singling out one fan base in that.
Thanks given by:
Another year and Cowboys lose again. Sigh. Ah well, at least they got beat by a great QB and team. I have no favourites in the games now, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons do well - just for the change. I'm a bit bored with the continual brilliance of Darth Brady - he's amazing and all, but.... ya, a change would be good.
Thanks given by: