Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TV Series
Have about 5 episodes of Sopranos to watch, and then its done and time to start something new. Recommendations?

I know I've posted this before, but it took me a long time to get through 6 seasons of sopranos and I forget now.

Sons of Anarchy worth getting into? Wife really enjoyed the crime element aspect of breaking bad and sopranos.
Thanks given by:
I enjoyed Sons of Anarchy. A but uneven but some high points. I am really enjoying Mad Men right now. Late to the table but the advantage being I have a lot available
Thanks given by:
Watch Justified.
Thanks given by:
I've always heard, and read that 'The Wire' is an awesome show.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, The Wire is excellent.

Whats 'Justified', zapzac?
Thanks given by:
Justified was surprisingly good. A modern day western
Thanks given by:
Fargo

True Detective

Shameless
Thanks given by:
Coming off watching the Sopranos you should 100% watch The Wire.

Best show of all time - I've watched the entire 5 seasons 3 times.

Before you start it, you need to understand one thing - it kind of starts off a little slow - its really tough to understand what the characters are saying and figure out who is who - almost to a man, 2-4 episodes in people are confused and aren't sure about the show. Around episode 4, I don't know what happens but, all of a sudden, show is amazing and you can't stop watching.
Thanks given by:
Sons of Anarchy isn't bad. I really liked the first 2 or 3 seasons.

Suits is really interesting, and the first 3 seasons are on Netflix. It's basically about a hot shot NYC lawyer who hires a troublesome genius with zero law background to be his assistant.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-06, 08:14 AM)encore Wrote: Suits is really interesting, and the first 3 seasons are on Netflix. It's basically about a hot shot NYC lawyer who hires a troublesome genius with zero law background to be his assistant.

I'm about two thirds of the way through the third season of Suits. I love it. Harvey and Lewis are great characters.

With that being said, I cannot stress enough that this show is the most unrealistic representation of a corporate law firm in the history of television. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've been a corporate lawyer for over 12 years and haven't had a single moment in those 12 years that resemble anything similar to what Harvey doe on a day to day business.
Thanks given by:
Justified is fun, but it isn't even close to the same league as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad or The Wire.

Not even close.

But fun.
Thanks given by:
Justified is great, but RJ-7 is right - it's in the next tier down from the Big 3.

Originally based on an old Elmore Leonard short story, so if you like that kind of dialogue, you'll like the show.
Thanks given by:
Justified really annoyed me that it was set in Kentucky but clearly, obviously filmed in California.
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-06, 11:28 AM)Pouzar Wrote: With that being said, I cannot stress enough that this show is the most unrealistic representation of a corporate law firm in the history of television. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've been a corporate lawyer for over 12 years and haven't had a single moment in those 12 years that resemble anything similar to what Harvey doe on a day to day business.

My dad (a doctor) always raged against TV medical dramas like ER for this very reason.

Me, I watch Office Space and think "That's a depressingly accurate depiction of my career."
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-06, 03:29 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Coming off watching the Sopranos you should 100% watch The Wire.

Already seen it.
Thanks given by:
Derek
Thanks given by:
(2014-11-06, 02:45 PM)RyeRocks Wrote:
(2014-11-06, 03:29 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Coming off watching the Sopranos you should 100% watch The Wire.

Already seen it.

Which one did you like better?
Thanks given by:
Still have 5 episodes of the sopranos to watch, so not quite there yet to make an opinion on the full body of work..

I'll give it to The Wire, mostly because I really hate all the dream sequence scenes/episodes. Its a tough decision otherwise though.
Thanks given by:
I assume you already watch The Walking Dead?
Thanks given by:
Wifey won't watch anything remotely horror related.
Thanks given by: