Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TV Series
The only reason I know is because I was pissed when they announced FX Canada because I thought I would be able to watch Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Justified and Archer etc etc. Turned out they didnt even have the rights to any of those shows (I think they do have IASIP now).
Thanks given by:
Not that I'd want to steer you guys in a different direction, but go to Amazon.ca and search for Android Media Streaming box. You will find many. Most come pre-loaded with an application called KODI. Yes, this is a grey area as an Ontario Court has rendered a interim decision against certain manufacturers that sell these boxes. But they have not pronounced it illegal and other manufacturers are free to sell their product. KODI has access to a number of services where you can pick up this content for free or through a subscription. Downside compared to other boxes such as Amazon, Apple, etc. is that the sound signal does not come in 5:3:1.
I used to do the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.
Thanks given by:
I have kodi on my phone and my PC. Also have an app called Showbox.

With those two things, I can get pretty much anything I want to see.

It really justifies cutting the cable.
Thanks given by:
Finished season 3 of 'The Fall'

That is one of the better shows I've seen in a long time.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it.

But it's dark...

Really good. 8.5/10

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 09:38 AM)BlueMountain Wrote: Finished season 3 of 'The Fall'

But it's dark...

Really good.  8.5/10

I've seen the first two seasons and noticed the third is now on Netflix. Is it just as good as the others?
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:

But it's dark...

Really good.  8.5/10

I saw the first episode. I think the show misses Mulder.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 09:46 AM)encore Wrote:

But it's dark...

Really good.  8.5/10

I've seen the first two seasons and noticed the third is now on Netflix. Is it just as good as the others?
Yup. If you've seen 1and 2 you have to see 3....It's the final season.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-03, 07:41 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Finished Season 2 of The Man in the High Castle.  Great series.  Liked the 2nd season even better than the first.

I think I like the concept of this show more than the show itself.
I'm on episode 4 of season 1.  Seems like the show is starting to drag.
Thanks given by:
Enjoying Bloodlines...I quite like Kyle Chandler.

Always thougt Friday Night Lights was really good for PG television.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 05:05 PM)BlueMountain Wrote: Always thougt Friday Night Lights was really good for PG television.

I enjoyed that series - kind of dragged a bit for me in the last few seasons though.

P.S. those kids got laid way more than I did in high school.
Thanks given by:
Tom Hardy has anew series on the BBC that started last night, its on FX here I believe on the 10th.
It's called Taboo, did anyone see it,
I'm waiting for my wife to come back from Europe to start watching it
We just try to ignore the elephant somehow
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-08, 07:42 PM)WTTM Wrote: Tom Hardy has anew series on the BBC that started last night, its on FX here I believe on the 10th.
It's called Taboo, did anyone see it,
I'm waiting for my wife to come back from Europe to start watching it

I'm looking forward to this. Trailers look really good!
Thanks given by:
Watched the JJ Abrams produced 11/22/63, based off the novel by Stephen King, and thought it was pretty mediocre at best. Franco was good in the lead role, but I questioned some of the decisions to veer away from the novel. Overall, it was watchable, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-15, 05:31 PM)encore Wrote: Watched the JJ Abrams produced 11/22/63, based off the novel by Stephen King, and thought it was pretty mediocre at best. Franco was good in the lead role, but I questioned some of the decisions to veer away from the novel. Overall, it was watchable, but I wouldn't recommend it.

What did you watch it on?
Thanks given by:
I streamed it through a link I found on Reddit. Not the worst quality, but not great, and a little sketchy. I can PM you the link if you want.

I just finished the novel and really wanted to watch it. I did a little research on it and it sounds like it won't be coming to Netflix anytime soon and I didn't want to pay $50 to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Yeah 11/22/63 was pretty goofy. Not terrible but not a classic by any stretch.

I think it was Hulu's first attempt at Netflix-style original programming?
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 11:46 AM)encore Wrote: I streamed it through a link I found on Reddit. Not the worst quality, but not great, and a little sketchy. I can PM you the link if you want.

I just finished the novel and really wanted to watch it. I did a little research on it and it sounds like it won't be coming to Netflix anytime soon and I didn't want to pay $50 to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do. I watched two episodes on a flight a few months ago, and haven't been able to finish of the series.
Thanks given by:
Been watching Kims Convenience the last few evenings. It's absolutely hilarious.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 04:11 PM)Lumbergh Wrote: Been watching Kims Convenience the last few evenings.  It's absolutely hilarious.

The wife and I had seasons tickets to Theatre Calgary and we saw the Kims Convenience play last year. We very much enjoyed it so I set up a series recording for the TV show on my PVR - they are all there, like 12 of them, I haven't got around to watching any of them yet.

I was thinking of deleting them but maybe I'll keep them.
Thanks given by: