Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecchies.. More help needed
Ok here's what happened.

I had my tower disconn' to check something (a tech buddy who is very smart fixed the glich in about 5 minutes.  ) I get back home.. hook up my tower.

boot up. Everything works fine.

Except for my speakers. They are plugged in. The power light is on. the little spike is plugged into the back of the tower (I tried all six holes.. chutting down and rebooting each time) Still no go. It says not connected. I know they are. I even did a sys restore. Same hassle.

I have had this before but rebooting has always solved the problem. I tok some emery paper and cleaned up the spike.  (small plug)

What do you think is wrong? Even if the sound card is gone, my speakers are still PLUGGED IN.

I hate computers.

Thanks
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
This is one of those things thats 1000x easier to assess in person. Can your techie friend come over to take a look. Seems doubtful there's anything wrong with the physical components or cards, etc.

When I unplug from my laptop, or plug back in, I often have to go into the audio settings to turn the speakers on, but with my laptop I have built in speakers, so thats perhaps a bit different.

Also, what was the original issue your friend helped you with?
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-11, 07:02 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: This is one of those things thats 1000x easier to assess in person.  Can your techie friend come over to take a look.  Seems doubtful there's anything wrong with the physical components or cards, etc.

When I unplug from my laptop, or plug back in, I often have to go into the audio settings to turn the speakers on, but with my laptop I have built in speakers, so thats perhaps a bit different.

Thanks Rye. It was something I missed. I'd changed my screen saver. Somehow I had the thing kicking out in one minute.

I didn't find the 'uncheck' button. He did. Rt click on the screen - then personalize, then screen saver, then resume log in after one minute. It was checked. Not a big thing. I am using WIN 7 and am about to upgrade to win ten.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-11, 07:02 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: This is one of those things thats 1000x easier to assess in person.  Can your techie friend come over to take a look.  Seems doubtful there's anything wrong with the physical components or cards, etc.

When I install WIN 10, I will have to get rid of Cortana. How do you do this? I won't go into reg-edit

Styx
Thanks given by:
Thats a pretty simple thing to google. I haven't removed cortana but I don't think its hard at all
Thanks given by: