Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Return of BJ Penn......Again
Well, BJ is returning for what seems like the 10th time and he's dropped down to 145 (looks pretty good physically at this weight). He's now 38 and has had a tough go in the last few fights that he has had, albeit they were against welterweights and a guy who completely has his number in Edgar. Fighting a young, dynamic and unorthodox striker in Yair Rodriguez (I haven't seen too much about this guy prior to this) it would seem that this fight won't end up much different than the Edgar fight. 

As much as I like BJ and have been a fan of his for years, I've literally lost count of how many times he's "back to the old BJ" or he's now a "hungry and driven BJ" and blah, blah, blah. I sincerely hope that he has a good showing because when he 's on, there's not many guys I like watching more than him, but I see this ending in disappointment.

Thoughts??

PS: Joe Lauzon is also on the card - LOVE watching this guy fight too and have ever since he was on TUF.
Thanks given by:
1 and done for BJ, these guys are just to quick for him striking wise. His face is going to be a mess.
Thanks given by:
At least he went to a real gym & left the comforts of Hawaii & being surrounded by yes men.  Training with Greg Jackson now.

Probably a little too late though.  If he had done this 5 - 6 years ago, he could've been the greatest LW ever.

While I expect BJ to lose, I'm curious to see what, if anything he has learned from Jackson/ Winklejohn.

It worked for Arlovski
Thanks given by:
Hang em up BJ, Jesus Christ!

What made him think he had any business being in there with Rodriguez?  I mean Rodriguez was moving like Neo in The Matrix!   The only thing BJ showed is that he can still take a beating.  He was slow & flat on his feet again.

That was hard to watch. If BJ insists on fighting again, give him CM Punk or Ronda Rousey. He has a 50/50 chance at winning either of those matches.
Thanks given by: