Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Stockton Heat
(2016-12-09, 12:00 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Anybody else notice that the Flames picked up a young RD, Kayle Doetzel 6'3" 205 lbs. after he was released in camp by the Oilers? This Rosetown, Saskatchewan (hmmm, where I have heard that before) boy has played in 16 games with the Heat with zero goals and assists, but a steady plus 5.

Kayle spent his career in Red Deer as a Rebel. He's a brick shithouse to say the least. Quietly responsible defensively and a real mean streak when provoked. His biggest drawback was said mean streak. He's almost like Iggy was, needs a little motivation to bring out the beast. There's definitely something to be said about poking the bear. I got to talk to him a couple times during the Memorial Cup run last year, very nice farm kid, almost nice to a fault. However seeing his numbers on the Heat, the steady D is there and that mean streak has reared it's head a few times. Good to see, he's one of my favourites.
Hold my beer and watch this!
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Nanuuk , Bully
Meanwhile down on the farm the Coach Huska and the boys have us into a play-off spot with a 4 point cushion. Shinky has picked the right time to up his game with a couple more goals and Vey had 3 assists.

http://stocktonheat.com/news/shinkaruk-s...-san-jose/
Life, Liberty, and the Happiness of Pursuit.
Thanks given by: Bully , FlameFilosi4
Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
The #Flames have assigned Rasmus Andersson and David Rittich to the @AHLHeat.

The Heat play in San Jose today so these boyz stayed while the team flew home.
The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart. Robert Green Ingersoll 
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
I think I just seen Gillies was recalled this afternoon .
Thanks given by: Bully
The Heat have clinched a play-off spot!

http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-clinch...kersfield/
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Isn't Bakersfield Edmonton's farm team?
Thanks given by: Bully