Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The running list of great plays (2015 edition)
Post gifs, videos, links, etc. of great plays for the 2015 season. Even if you don't have a link to share, mention it here and I'm sure someone else can come up with the video evidence.

To start this off, let's bask in the greatness that is one of the best defensive shortstops of all time, Andrelton Simmons. The victim this time was Travis d'Arnaud.

[Image: Simmons-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
the Royals have only played 4 games so far and I swear I could put like seven gifs of defensive plays they have made already. Cain makes 2 a game on his own.
Thanks given by:
That's a great play, but if anyone but a catcher is running, he's safe Silly
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-11, 03:03 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: That's a great play, but if anyone but a catcher is running, he's safe Silly

Anyone but a catcher or Billy Butler.

Lorenzo Cain and Adam Eaton made crazy catches in the same game a couple days ago:
http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/lor...deo/259384
Thanks given by:
Well yeah the odd DH too lol. I don't know if Big Papi runs that out either haha.
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-11, 03:03 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: That's a great play, but if anyone but a catcher is running, he's safe Silly

Funny thing is, he seems to do this alot to D'arnuad.

[Image: Andrelton-Simmons-Braves-Mets-throw-040914.gif]

[Image: simmonss.0.gif]
Thanks given by:
Carter Capps' delivery, lol.

Thanks given by:
haha, what the hell was that?
Thanks given by:
Kevin Pillar's ridiculous home run saving catch last night:
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/118550098/...of-a-homer
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-16, 12:47 PM)shadylane Wrote: Kevin Pillar's ridiculous home run saving catch last night:
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/118550098/...of-a-homer

Taking away situation (i.e. importance of play in the game and importance of game), I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that's one of the best catches I've ever seen.
Thanks given by:
it was a great catch...but I think "one of the best catches I have ever seen" may be exaggerating a touch...

there have been plenty of HRs robbed from over the wall..each one impressive in its own right...I don't think this one was any better than Rajai Davis' a couple years back
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-14, 03:01 PM)Andrew Wrote: Carter Capps' delivery, lol.

Does he do that every pitch?  There is so much that can go wrong on that delivery lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: fpzrgqkccc5wvryxv9ja.gif]

Walden with Cards
Thanks given by:
I don't know how that would be an effective pitching motion...it loses all the drive off the back leg, the front leg stops any momentum forward it did have, and all the power of the pitch is from the arm and shoulder.

not to mention...I feel its cheating. not sure what it says in the rule book...but one he jumps, he is no longer throwing from 60'6"

reading a couple stories about Capps, and when he was doing that in the minors, they were automatically calling balls...and they want him to drag his toe more, not make such a jump.
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-16, 07:12 PM)Chris D Wrote: it was a great catch...but I think "one of the best catches I have ever seen" may be exaggerating a touch...

there have been plenty of HRs robbed from over the wall..each one impressive in its own right...I don't think this one was any better than Rajai Davis' a couple years back

Fair enough and maybe I was a little "overexcited" although I still think it was a little bit "more" than the run of the mill over the wall catch (if there is such a thing) - its due to the fact that he was going full speed the entire time, timed it perfectly and even scaled the wall.
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-18, 08:36 AM)Chris D Wrote: not to mention...I feel its cheating.  not sure what it says in the rule book...but one he jumps, he is no longer throwing from 60'6"

I was going to say, is that legal?

I don't know the answer but I can see that not being legal.
Thanks given by:
It is legal as long as he leaps forward not upwards
Thanks given by:
(2015-04-18, 01:54 PM)MDMN1017 Wrote: It is legal as long as he leaps forward not upwards

According to Peter Gammons MLB sent out a memo last week saying it was no longer legal.

and Ken Rosenthal said similar

There isnt any details about what MLB said but my guess is they told him to tone it down. He can still likely drive off the rubber (which is still of questionable legality  IMHO) but not to the ridiculous extent in that gif. The key seems to be, like Chris said, that his toes on his drive leg have to drag on the ground. If they come off the ground its illegal.
Thanks given by:
Alex Gordon has no respect for your walls....

Full Video
Thanks given by:
Pretty good hip check on that White Sox fan too.
Thanks given by: