Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Weird
Just noticed this just now, I've been using Opera browser recently but now I cannot access the forums through that browser, however I'm using Firefox right now and thus how I'm posting this thread on the forums. Here's the message I'm still getting in Opera:

Quote:Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards
I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.
Other things to try:
  • Search www.roughingafterthewhistle.com:

Has anyone else experience something like this before and what's the solution for it. I stopped using Firefox due to it running sluggish and using up system resources and find Opera quite fast and easy to manipulate/use.
Thanks given by:
1) Have you made sure you have the latest version of Opera installed?

2) Have you tried accessing the forum with all browser extensions disabled on Opera?

3) Have you made sure to logout of your account from all other browsers (ie. Firefox, mobile, etc) before trying to login with Opera?
Thanks given by:
Seems to be working now fine in Opera, not sure what it was but I just tried again with Opera, all seems fine, I didn't touch anything with the browser. Just a brief inconvenience I guess. Thanks Shady!
Thanks given by:
That's strange that instead of simply not loading the page, it told you you're banned from that site.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
Were you using Opera Turbo? That can cause an issue with forum firewalls due to the proxy servers Turbo goes through to connect to the Web. Your IP address will change when using it and may trigger a temporary block thinking you're a spammer.
Thanks given by:
Maybe newfievolt was posting from china, and our spam collector picked him up. And now that he's back in canada, all's good. Welcome home Happy
Thanks given by:
Yes I have been using Opera Turbo, and still am, just funny how it seems settled away now. Lol Rye if I did it would have to been a quick trip or I just have lousy memory Wink Silly.

How about Columbus tonight, 9-0 over the Habs Shocked can't say I'm not liking it Wink
Thanks given by:
I am getting the forbidden 403 message when trying to access the site using Opera. Chrome and Safari are working fine.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Thanks given by:
Check that. I closed the browser, re-opened, and it is working. Strange.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Thanks given by:
I had to switch to Chrome. No issues. I use Safari on the Mac as it updated. On IPad Safari needs updating but it is not supported anymore by Apple only IOS 10
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by: