Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big trade just got announced.

Enroth to the Ducks. Leafs get a 2018 7th Rd pick
This is from my score app.
Thanks given by:
The price doesn't get much lower then that.
Thanks given by:
For a guy who got put on waivers and no one took him. Getting anything for enroth is pretty amazing.
Thanks given by:
The NhL has a 7 round draft. That about says it all.
I have sex daily. I mean dyslexia.
Thanks given by:
Hey teams have found gems in the 7th round.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:58 AM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Hey teams have found gems in the 7th round.

Stralman and Gunnarson were 7th rounders for us. 

Loov, Johnson, Engvall, and Korostelev are more recent 7th round picks of ours. Maybe none of them make the NHL, but Johnson/Engvall have both been legit top 3/6 scoring guys at a young age in the SHL, Korostelev is a 6'4 PPG CHLer, and Loov might have bottom pairing potential in the NHL (though personally I think he's been getting passed on the depth chart and probably won't). 

So while 7th rounders are very low value, we were able to dump a contract, get a better backup goalie off waivers, and still get a pick where I think the Leafs have actually done reasonably well at finding talent (our Swedish scouts in particular have a good reputation).
Thanks given by:
Lucky to get more than a bag of pucks for Enroth.

In the end, Enroth out, McElhinny and a late draft pick in...overall I think thats an improvement.

Shame the Enroth experiment didn't work though, I liked the signing at the time.
Thanks given by:
I know a 2018 7th rounder has a very minimal chance of becoming anything of significance...but curious as to why ANA didn't claim him off waivers, but was willing to trade a draft pick for him.

Are we covering his entire salary (not that it's much...just looking for an explanation) as part of the deal?
Thanks given by:
Downright weird.  Confused
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 08:15 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: I know a 2018 7th rounder has a very minimal chance of becoming anything of significance...but curious as to why ANA didn't claim him off waivers, but was willing to trade a draft pick for him.

Are we covering his entire salary (not that it's much...just looking for an explanation) as part of the deal?

I believe they currently have multiple injuries at the AHL level to their goalies. So their needs have increased. 

It's pretty minimal what we got, but still better than nothing. After he passed through waivers, I wasn't sure if we'd even be able to give him away.
Thanks given by:
Our management team is special to get something for nothing. Where does that leave Jonny boy Bernier! (Grin)
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 08:35 AM)tmleafer Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 08:15 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: I know a 2018 7th rounder has a very minimal chance of becoming anything of significance...but curious as to why ANA didn't claim him off waivers, but was willing to trade a draft pick for him.

I believe they currently have multiple injuries at the AHL level to their goalies. So their needs have increased. 

It's pretty minimal what we got, but still better than nothing. After he passed through waivers, I wasn't sure if we'd even be able to give him away.

This feels like one of those deals where if the roles were reversed, the 7th rounder would go on to become a regular NHLer and we would be left lamenting trading away a pick for a player we could have had for free.

Here's hopin'. Happy

I look at it this way...we were trying to give away a fridge on kijiji. No takers. Then, after we find a free fridge on kijiji from someone else, and now REALLY want to get rid of the old fridge we had, a guy from California offers us a lottery ticket in exchange for the fridge we were previously trying to give away for nothing.
Thanks given by:
He's a small goalie at a time when big athletic guys are the flavour of the day. Can't believe they got a pick for him really.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
to go back on what I was saying, looking at the stats...not sure its really an improvement

Enroth and McElhinney are both career backups.

Enroth, 153 games, 2.84GAA, .909SV%
McElhinney, 154 games, 2.96GAA, .905SV%

may not actually be getting something for nothing....may be getting nothing for nothing.

but hey...got that draft pick...so...yay?
Thanks given by:
Enroth cost us nothing to acquire, played 6 games for the Leafs and now he's a draft pick
We just try to ignore the elephant somehow
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 08:59 AM)Chris D Wrote: to go back on what I was saying, looking at the stats...not sure its really an improvement

may not actually be getting something for nothing....may be getting nothing for nothing.

This year it reads like this:

Enroth  0-3-1  with a GAA  394 and a  .872 save percentage

Curtis McElhinney  2-1-2  with a GAA of .239 and a .924 save percentage.

I'll have a McElhinney with my fries please.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
A few beans for a dream.

Take that anyday.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:30 AM)WTTM Wrote: Enroth cost us nothing to acquire, played 6 games for the Leafs and now he's a draft pick

We pumped and dumped him without even pumping him!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:35 AM)Blueeagle3 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 08:59 AM)Chris D Wrote: to go back on what I was saying, looking at the stats...not sure its really an improvement

This year it reads like this:

Enroth  0-3-1  with a GAA  394 and a  .872 save percentage

Curtis McElhinney  2-1-2  with a GAA of .239 and a .924 save percentage.

I'll have a McElhinney with my fries please.

extremely small sample sizes though...

and Enroth was thrown to the dogs, most often playing on the second night of back to backs, when the Leafs always put their worst effort forward in front of him.

when you look at their entire careers, with only one game played difference between them, Enroth SHOULD have been better than he has been.

5 years younger too.
Thanks given by:
Get Enroth for free. get a possible asset for him. Good to see.
Thanks given by: