Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frederik Andersen was originally a 7th round pick Happy

He didn't sign with Carolina, re-entered the draft 2 years later and was taken in round #3 by the Ducks...but he was originally selected in the 7th round.
Thanks given by:
Some stats:

27.1% of players drafted in the 7th round (or later) in the 1995 to 2005 drafts played in the NHL. Only 11.6% played in over 100 NHL games.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/6/27/58...lysis-luck
Thanks given by:
Enroth cost us whatever little we've paid him to this point.

What? 3 or 400,000?

Same with McElhinney. Got him for nothing.

And then we snag a 7th round pick as well.

Sure, long shot, but it's a shot, and it shows the fans that they are pretty serious about winning this year.

Babcock is going to push them for a playoff spot.

I couldn't be happier with how our group operates. Both the players and management have exceeded my expectations for this year.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Leafs and Ducks sure do love making trades with each other.  Only a matter of time before JVR gets dealt there. Grin
Thanks given by:
Maybe we can get Nick Ritchie for Nylander !!
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
Show of hands, those who would even trade (forget Nylander) Connor Brown or Zach Hyman one-for-one for Nick Ritchie tomorrow...
Thanks given by:
Yeah right. No thanks. I like our guys.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:51 PM)Viable Wrote: Maybe we can get Nick Ritchie for Nylander !!

Nick Ritchie + Vaatanen for Nylander...!! but really we only want the Dman so I have to say no...no thanks
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 04:01 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Show of hands, those who would even trade (forget Nylander) Connor Brown or Zach Hyman one-for-one for Nick Ritchie tomorrow...

Absolutely not.
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
I would trade Hyman for Ritchie straight up. Ritchie's ceiling is much higher than Hyman's IMO.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , Viable
(2017-01-11, 06:55 PM)shadylane Wrote: I would trade Hyman for Ritchie straight up. Ritchie's ceiling is much higher than Hyman's IMO.

this may very well be true but you would be hard pressed to find a guy like Hyman who has an engine or heart as big..!! he is your total definition of hard hat/work boots type of player and I do not see Ritchie being that type of guy..and we need Hyman more than Ritchie..
Thanks given by:
No way would I deal Nylander yet.

Not even for solid defensive help.

Not yet...He's way too young.

I want a three headed beast... Not two.

We can get help on D with other players.

I'm not sure I would trade Ritchie for Hyman. I'd have to watch a bunch of Ducks games.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:27 PM)BlueMountain Wrote: No way would I deal Nylander yet.

Not even for solid defensive help.

Not yet...He's way too young.

I want a three headed beast... Not two.

We can get help on D with other players.

I'm not sure I would trade Ritchie for Hyman.  I'd have to watch a bunch of  Ducks games.

Have you shared this info with your wife?
Thanks given by:
Which one?

Thanks given by:
Would anyone trade RW Kasperi Kapanen in a package for a top 4 D-Man? Not sure I would without a fair look at the NHL first with the Leafs!

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre-primer-exa...s-1.648332

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Status Report: Seventh in the Eastern Conference in points percentage (.564).
TradeCentre Trending: Sticking to the Shanaplan
Top Priority: Top-four defenceman
Trade Bait: LW James van Riemsdyk, RW Kasperi Kapanen, RD Frank Corrado, Bevy of draft picks.
Scoop: With one more year left on his contract, JVR will generate a lot of buzz leading up to the trade deadline, but the Leafs are in no rush to deal him. In fact, a trade in-season is unlikely — and it remains entirely possible van Riemsdyk remains in Toronto for the longer term, depending on his production and price. Toronto has an upper-echelon defenceman in Morgan Rielly. Rookie Nikita Zaitsev has been impressive. But the Leafs need to flesh out their backend with more top-four blueliners. Kasperi Kapanen, who has 32 points in 31 AHL games, could be a starting point in a return package — the one young player left out of the NHL fun in the Leafs’ organization so far this season.
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by:
No.

Sorry but if THE THRILL turns into JUST a top "4" D-man I'll b f'ing livid.

He almost single handedly won Pittsburgh a cup. I want a top 2 dman.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
What's with the Nik Ritchie obsession?
Thanks given by: lewis94
(2017-01-11, 07:47 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: What's with the Nik Ritchie obsession?

Maybe they're confused with him and Nik Anthropov?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 07:19 PM)SNLeafaholic Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 06:55 PM)shadylane Wrote: I would trade Hyman for Ritchie straight up. Ritchie's ceiling is much higher than Hyman's IMO.

this may very well be true but you would be hard pressed to find a guy like Hyman who has an engine or heart as big..!! he is your total definition of hard hat/work boots type of player and I do not see Ritchie being that type of guy..and we need Hyman more than Ritchie..

I would hate to lose Hyman because I love what he brings too. But I think you have to choose the player who makes the biggest positive impact overall. Ritchie is a tough boy to knock off the puck and has 25+ goal upside.

Anyway, kind of a silly discussion since Anaheim would never make that trade.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , Viable
McElhinney is a solid backup who knows his role. I follow Columbus some and while I expected way more from Enroth, McElhinney is the steady guy we need. His numbers from last year when everything went wrong badly skew his career numbers.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by: