Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE Eichel gets his way: Bylsma and Murray fired.
They looked so happy at the 1:27 mark:

Thanks given by:
I'm so glad Tim Murray was hired before Ottawa could think about promoting him! The guy is a tool and I'm glad he's gone, I just hope the Sens don't bring him back in any capacity.
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-20, 09:21 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 03:40 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 03:04 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Murry also cried about Babs signing a contract with Leafs.

They're crying because they started their rebuild before the Leafs did...years before in fact. And yet the Buds actually jumped them in the rebuilding process already. Weird how things work out that way, eh?  Grin  Wink

So, the decade long retooling doesn't count?

The Leafs didn't actually start rebuilding until 2014ish (with the addition of Rielly coming two years before after the second half train wreck). The decade before that was nothing but incompetence and failed shortcuts. They were trying to make the playoffs that entire time. They were awful most years, but they weren't actually getting younger or gathering picks. 

I do believe Buffalo will be a playoff team next year.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
(2017-04-21, 04:25 AM)lewis94 Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 09:21 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 03:40 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 03:04 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Murry also cried about Babs signing a contract with Leafs.

They're crying because they started their rebuild before the Leafs did...years before in fact. And yet the Buds actually jumped them in the rebuilding process already. Weird how things work out that way, eh?  Grin  Wink

So, the decade long retooling doesn't count?

The Leafs didn't actually start rebuilding until 2014ish (with the addition of Rielly coming two years before after the second half train wreck). The decade before that was nothing but incompetence and failed shortcuts. They were trying to make the playoffs that entire time. They were awful most years, but they weren't actually getting younger or gathering picks. 

I do believe Buffalo will be a playoff team next year.

Agreed.  They should have been one this year.
Thanks given by:
Jack should do both

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
"Not sure if I need a stiff drink to understand Shawn's threads...or a stiffer drink to recover from reading them"
Ulu
Thanks given by:
Owner came out today and says that the report was BS..... and cited that many players throughout the year complained about the coaching.

Bill Watters also went in depth of the fired management's behaviour.

Now.. will those that bit on this take back what they said?
The truth may be puzzling.  It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true. Sagan
Thanks given by:
What do you expect people connected to the story to say? You can't be that ignorant to PR spin. Bill Watters is also not much of a source for the truth. His career sank so far he connects himself with Frank D'Angello thinking that keeps his relevance above water.
Thanks given by:
Damn, I never knew Bylsma had such a bad rap as a coach. He won the Cup with the Penguins and was even chosen to be the U.S Olympic team's head coach.
Thanks given by:
Terry Pegula has also apparently commented that he wants to be more involved.

Looks like it's gonna be a while before this team turns the corner.
Thanks given by:
The guy should just shut and and play instead of calling the shots

"Not sure if I need a stiff drink to understand Shawn's threads...or a stiffer drink to recover from reading them"
Ulu
Thanks given by:
I also think Eichel is getting a bad rap for this and not many people would want to coach the sabres

Ulu
Thanks given by:
If I am not wrong Eichel was drafted by Halifax of the Q and traded to Saint John, but basically thumbed his nose at both. Jon Huberdeau and Charlie Coyle who both played with our Dogs, went to his home in Mass to try to convince him to play Major Junior but he knew best it seems. Sounds to me, he was a spoiled kid growing up.
It Ain't Over Till It's Over!!
Thanks given by:
I cannot get on board with bashing the kid for choosing to play at school over the CHL.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 07:18 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: If I am not wrong Eichel was drafted by Halifax of the Q and traded to Saint John, but basically thumbed his nose at both. Sounds to me, he was a spoiled kid growing up.

You got all that because he chose NCAA over the CHL?
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 07:04 PM)shawn81 Wrote: I also think Eichel  is getting a bad rap for this and not many people would want to coach the sabres

Yeah he seems like a horrible person and comes with a sense of entitlement. We all know Lebron James runs the Cavaliers and makes a lot of the key decisions on trades, signings, and even coaching decisions. But he's earned it via becoming one of the greatest of all time. Jack has to earn the right to dictate what happens.
Thanks given by:
I think Bo's theory that Murray leaked the story knowing he was on his way out is the most plausible here.

I can't fault the kid for speaking up about something that wasn't working. Especially if he did it under the assumption that it would remain private.

I remember shortly after Roman Polak was first acquired by the Leafs he was asked by a reporter why the Leafs were allowing so many goals against. His answer was "because playing defense is hard work" or something to that effect. It was a clear suggestion to me that some guys weren't working hard enough or committed to playing the right way. I felt that was the first real sign of leadership on the Leafs in years. What a breath of fresh air.

Calling out others is done all the time on teams when they struggle. I don't think Eichel deserves to be vilified for this. He clearly cares about winning.
Thanks given by:
He may have been the voice of the majority of the players, I think Pegula was present for the meetings.
Thanks given by:
I love Eichel & believe he will be the 2nd best player in the league as early as next season.

However, trying to threaten the team like the alleged story goes is bullshit! It's most likely true or else it never would've come out.

Great player, needs to be taken down a few notches
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 08:04 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:04 PM)shawn81 Wrote: I also think Eichel  is getting a bad rap for this and not many people would want to coach the sabres

Yeah he seems like a horrible person and comes with a sense of entitlement. We all know Lebron James runs the Cavaliers and makes a lot of the key decisions on trades, signings, and even coaching decisions. But he's earned it via becoming one of the greatest of all time. Jack has to earn the right to dictate what happens.

We're well of your disdain of spoiled, idiot children being gifted everything, without ever earning it. Not everyone is as driven as you.
Thanks given by: