Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Ladd, Byfuglien, Trouba asking Jets for $152M in contracts
(2016-02-10, 10:19 AM)theDC Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 02:09 PM)maclintock Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 04:24 PM)theDC Wrote: 5 years $7.6 mil, so Leafal got the money right, but not the term. A very good thing for Winnipeg, and honestly, $7.6 for what Buff brings is a solid deal.

Trouba is having a terrible year.  Some say he wants out.

Winnipeg should jump all over Trouba for  Hamonic.  You get a stud defender coming back and send away a kid that is underachieving.

Hamonic is still young and has a great contract for 3 more years.

I'd love Hamonic here, but I'm not entirely sure Trouba wants out as much as he is going through a slump. 

Would the Islanders (from Brooklyn) agree to that? Straight up? One side has to offer more? (I suspect the Jets would have to sweeten the pot a bit)

Not sure. Earlier in the year It was reported that they would have done that straight up for Hamonic. No idea if that is true.  I would do that trade in a heartbeat though.  Winnipeg have a lot of things to sweeten that pot as well with a lot of good prospects for sure
Thanks given by:
I have Trouba on my fantasy team, and man he's been a terrible fantasy player this year. I love him as a player but no way is he worth 7x8 right now.

Do you guys think the Jets would do Trouba for JVR? The Leafs are really in need of a top four right-handed D. I'm not sure from the Leafs perspective if I'd do Trouba straight up or want a little more, but their value is pretty close IMO.
We live to survive our paradoxes
Thanks given by:
(2016-02-25, 05:33 AM)lewis94 Wrote: I have Trouba on my fantasy team, and man he's been a terrible fantasy player this year. I love him as a player but no way is he worth 7x8 right now.

Do you guys think the Jets would do Trouba for JVR? The Leafs are really in need of a top four right-handed D. I'm not sure from the Leafs perspective if I'd do Trouba straight up or want a little more, but their value is pretty close IMO.

I can see Trouba offered up for Hamonic straight up at the draft, But now with his crap year it may cost more.
Thanks given by: