Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vanpocalypse Now: The Redux - Game #42
Ben Hutton is out..., last minute change
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/offic...surprises/
According to this article the Flames have no one they have to protect.
Thanks given by: Suity
I dont know what they are doing out there but Calgary seems really disorganized in their own zone.

They need to calm down and get their game in order.
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. Orwell
Thanks given by:
looks like Ferly loosened up big Triakin's sacroiliac Cool
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. Orwell
(2017-01-07, 10:21 PM)Ramtuf Wrote: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/offic...surprises/

Thanks Ram I thought he was eligible . I say he isn't in my core long term .
Thanks given by:
Knunkleheads only dress 5 d & are now down to 4.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Suity
MONO SHOT! Did Chase tip it? Yup!
Thanks given by: Ramtuf
STAJAN Finally rewarded!!

2-0
Great pass from Garnet of Hathaway!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 10:34 PM)Suity Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 10:21 PM)Ramtuf Wrote: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/offic...surprises/

Thanks Ram I thought he was eligible . I say he isn't in my core long term .

I had to look this up cuz I thought he was exempt. Gio does have an NTC but it is not in effect until 2020.

But it turns out it's only NMC's that have to be protected, and Flames have none after Wideman goes away at season's end, if not sooner.
Thanks given by: Suity , KNilsson14
Interesting to note that the lines that needed to chip in besides's Backs line did.
I just feel better with a two goal lead with Chad in goal tonight . They might get one by him but they will earn it .
Thanks given by:
Horvat scores to make it 2-1. Flames stuck in their zone to start the 2nd.
Thanks given by:
Only a matter of time wake up boys  Angry
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
The Flames spent most of the 2nd on their heels chasing the puck.

Then they take a penalty, and immediately go on the attack, control the play, and spend most of the penalty in the other end.

They need to bring their shorthanded aggression to their 5 on 5 game. They are wayyyyyy too passive in their own zone.

2-1 after 2.
I'm amazed we are still ahead . Thought for sure it was tied when Chucky took that penalty . Better break out a new box of smelling salts .
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
Stajan draws a penalty from Trypumkin. Flames first PP of the night. lets go POWER-play!!
Thanks given by:
Nanuuk is online.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Steegs takes a hooking call. Good penalty though as Vanc would have been in all alone.
Thanks given by:
Johnson with a BIG save!