Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's Happening In Vancouver.
(2016-12-08, 05:17 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: Am I the only one who feels anticipation when I click on a thread started by a Nucker in the General Forums, excited at the prospect of what weirdness I might find?

HH,

Just click back to 2008 and the word Canucks can be replaced by the word Oilers. I think every fan base has the eccentric. It's just our turn now. Congrats on the McDavid lottery. Hey, that was all skill in that acquisition Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure the Oilers included as many conspiracy theories. Wink

The real fun in Edmonton started when they hired the last stump off of the short bus, ex-Vancouver executive Steve Tambellini. You guys think Benning is dumb? He couldn't hold a candle to Tambi-cakes in terms of incompetence.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-08, 05:33 PM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I'm not sure the Oilers included as many conspiracy theories. Wink

The real fun in Edmonton started when they hired the last stump off of the short bus, ex-Vancouver executive Steve Tambellini. You guys think Benning is dumb? He couldn't hold a candle to Tambi-cakes in terms of incompetence.

HH,

McGoo waving down the airplane with his frantic arm actions at an Oilers game that almost caused the old S-Net site to crash is just one small example. The 2006 Finals had may Oil fans complaining every game. How about the Flamers vs. Lightening in their final?

The lunatic fringe lives in all fan bases. I could bump about 10 game threads for each base where the refs are against them and that's just this season alone. It's the only time when the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.
Thanks given by:
My favorite part of the Flames/Lightning final? It really was a blown call. The Flames should have won. But they didn't. Wink
Thanks given by:
There is a difference between in game complaints of officiating and having a sincere belief the entire hockey community wants to see your franchise crash and burn.
Thanks given by: Nuclearsun
(2016-12-08, 05:55 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: There is a difference between in game complaints of officiating and having a sincere belief the entire hockey community wants to see your franchise crash and burn.

Some just take it too far. How many Oil fans and the Flames fans thought that the league wanted small market teams to leave Canada and that it was a conspiracy by the league?  If we could go back to the old boards you'd see that.

When on ice officials can get a 40% pay raise for working extra games in the playoffs as an incentive, the head of that department has previously sent e-mails to a ref complaining about why he called 3 penalties on his son when he only listened to that game on the radio when he was driving then do you think that is inappropriate or are you cool with a league official doing that? Then that very same person has his best friend and former teammate working second in command. 

This was just a regular season game when the ref was chewed out. The e-mails revealed it. A person that high in command is anything but partisan when it comes to a familial relation.

The optics are terrible when previous interference is factored in.
Thanks given by:
How can you compare the usual complaints of officiating, that occurs in every fanbase, for every team, in every sport, to the bat-shit crazy conspiracy theories that are exclusive to the knucks???

The whole "selling off small market Canadian teams" does not compare to the "Campbell's son needs a ring" narrative. Seeing Winnipeg, Quebec City moving down south, with Edmonton almost following suite is a tad different than watching the Bruins out-play and out-class the other team, on the way to a well earned championship.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-08, 06:57 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: How can you compare the usual complaints of officiating, that occurs in every fanbase, for every team, in every sport, to the bat-shit crazy conspiracy theories that are exclusive to the knucks???

The whole "selling off small market Canadian teams" does not compare to the "Campbell's son needs a ring" narrative. Seeing Winnipeg, Quebec City moving down south, with Edmonton almost following suite is a tad different than watching the Bruins out-play and out-class the other team, on the way to a well earned championship.

Thanks for your input bud, always appreciated. Cheers!
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-07, 07:37 PM)CTS Wrote: I for one think Benning is doing a great job & I hope he is the Vancouver GM forever & ever!
After watching K. Lowe for 12 years you are DQ'ed from commenting on GM's.      Forever and ever!
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
(2016-12-08, 06:11 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 05:55 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: There is a difference between in game complaints of officiating and having a sincere belief the entire hockey community wants to see your franchise crash and burn.

Some just take it too far. How many Oil fans and the Flames fans thought that the league wanted small market teams to leave Canada and that it was a conspiracy by the league?  If we could go back to the old boards you'd see that.

When on ice officials can get a 40% pay raise for working extra games in the playoffs as an incentive, the head of that department has previously sent e-mails to a ref complaining about why he called 3 penalties on his son when he only listened to that game on the radio when he was driving then do you think that is inappropriate or are you cool with a league official doing that? Then that very same person has his best friend and former teammate working second in command. 

This was just a regular season game when the ref was chewed out. The e-mails revealed it. A person that high in command is anything but partisan when it comes to a familial relation.

Not too many in Edmonton. 

The last couple times I have been to oiler games were Bettman is introduced, he's been cheered. 

Most in Edmonton have an understanding of Bettman's fight to keep the Oilers in Edmonton. 

Again, the conspiracies are predominantly west of the Rockies, which you are doing a good job of perpetuating.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-09, 07:57 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:

The last couple times I have been to oiler games were Bettman is introduced, he's been cheered. 

Most in Edmonton have an understanding of Bettman's fight to keep the Oilers in Edmonton. 

Again, the conspiracies are predominantly west of the Rockies, which you are doing a good job of perpetuating.

When you say, "Not too many Edmonton", that would indicate there are some... 

Just as there are in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg.... hell, let's make it easy... 

There are certain types of fans in every city in the world that at one time or another, have probably believed their team has been jobbed at one point or another.

And obviously, the larger the population, the higher the numbers... 

So, you find out how many fans cheer for each team and you will likely find that the number of conspiracy theorists out there corresponds with the number of fans that team has... 

My guess is, there are more Leaf fans out there than Oiler fans... If that's the case, then there are likely more Leaf fans that are conspiracy theorists... If it's the other way around, then... well, you get it.

Does that make sense?

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
I think Canucks fans are probably the most vocal conspiracy theorists but you're right, they do exist elsewhere. Sabres fans are still sour about Brett Hull's 'foot in the crease' goal to win the Cup. Talk to Leaf fans old enough to have watched the 1993 run and you'll come across some who still hate Kerry Fraser's guts and are convinced he missed Gretzky's high stick on purpose. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-09, 08:36 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think Canucks fans are probably the most vocal conspiracy theorists but you're right, they do exist elsewhere. Sabres fans are still sour about Brett Hull's 'foot in the crease' goal to win the Cup. Talk to Leaf fans old enough to have watched the 1993 run and you'll come across some who still hate Kerry Fraser's guts and are convinced he missed Gretzky's high stick on purpose. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

No doubt shady...

I can only imagine what the Leaf forum would be like if they managed to get to the finals and lose in 7 games... and have a few things go in the other teams favor... be it bad calls, non calls, or whatever...  

I'm willing to bet the decibel level of the conspiracy theorists in the Leaf forum would blow the Canuck forum out of the water... 

Let's just hope we don't have to witness the Leafs in the finals any time soon... for our ears sake... Silly

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-09, 08:59 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 08:36 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think Canucks fans are probably the most vocal conspiracy theorists but you're right, they do exist elsewhere. Sabres fans are still sour about Brett Hull's 'foot in the crease' goal to win the Cup. Talk to Leaf fans old enough to have watched the 1993 run and you'll come across some who still hate Kerry Fraser's guts and are convinced he missed Gretzky's high stick on purpose. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

No doubt shady...

I can only imagine what the Leaf forum would be like if they managed to get to the finals and lose in 7 games... and have a few things go in the other teams favor... be it bad calls, non calls, or whatever...  

I'm willing to bet the decibel level of the conspiracy theorists in the Leaf forum would blow the Canuck forum out of the water... 

Let's just hope we don't have to witness the Leafs in the finals any time soon... for our ears sake... Silly

Oilers got JOBBED in '06 by Carolina!!!!

oh wait... not the same thing....

never mind...
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-09, 08:15 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

Just as there are in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg.... hell, let's make it easy... 

There are certain types of fans in every city in the world that at one time or another, have probably believed their team has been jobbed at one point or another.

So, you find out how many fans cheer for each team and you will likely find that the number of conspiracy theorists out there corresponds with the number of fans that team has... 

My guess is, there are more Leaf fans out there than Oiler fans... If that's the case, then there are likely more Leaf fans that are conspiracy theorists... If it's the other way around, then... well, you get it.

Does that make sense?

There's less Canuck fans than any other fan base in Canada (aside from maybe Winnipeg and Ottawa) yes they are unquestionably the most heard. 

Great Theory about it's got as many holes as a Canucks goalie in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Thanks given by: ZappaScores
A few bad apples don't speak for the majority. That said i'm convinced most Oiler fans strongly feel in their heart of heart's that the majority of Canuck fans believe in conspiracy theories and not the other way around.

And i will be the first to admit that out of all the CDN fanbases Vancouver leads this category in conspiracy theorists. It's a small drop in the bucket, unless of course you ask an Oilers fan.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-10, 12:56 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 08:15 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

Does that make sense?

There's less Canuck fans than any other fan base in Canada (aside from maybe Winnipeg and Ottawa) yes they are unquestionably the most heard. 

Great Theory about it's got as many holes as a Canucks goalie in the Stanley Cup Finals.

TOF

Can you actually prove what you have posted about the number of Canuck fans out there? 

If you can provide proof, please do... I'm sure we'd all be interested in what the numbers are and where you found the hard data to back up your post.

Here's an example of hard data that might help you out.

In the 2011 Canucks-Bruins Final, the CBC viewership in Canada alone, blew away the number of Canadian viewers that watched the 2006 Oilers - Canes Final.  In fact, more than 8.5 Million Canadian viewers watched the Canucks game 7 in 2011, which was 3+ million more Canadians than watched the Oilers game 7.

These, are what they call facts TOF, based on data collected and shared for all to see. 

It doesn't mean there are more or less Oiler fans out there than there are Canuck fans... I don't know that to be true. 

I wouldn't make such an utterly ridiculous, baseless claim... 

But it does prove that Canadians , as a whole , were much more interested in watching a final involving the Canucks and the Bruins, than they were with one involving the Oilers and Carolina.  

Now, you have your chance to provide facts to back up your original claim... and if that doesn't work out , you can always try that comedy thing again... 

Who could ever forget such finely crafted classics like:

"Great Theory about it's got as many holes as a Canucks goalie in the Stanley Cup Finals."

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-10, 02:02 AM)KahunaBaby Wrote: A few bad apples don't speak for the majority. That said i'm convinced most Oiler fans strongly feel in their heart of heart's that the majority of Canuck fans believe in conspiracy theories and not the other way around.

And i will be the first to admit that out of all the CDN fanbases Vancouver leads this category in conspiracy theorists. It's a small drop in the bucket, unless of course you ask an Oilers fan.

So, without any actual evidence, you're convinced the majority of Oilers fans believe the majority of Canucks fans think a certain way.  Sounds like another conspiracy from a Canucks fan to me.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-10, 01:04 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 02:02 AM)KahunaBaby Wrote: A few bad apples don't speak for the majority. That said i'm convinced most Oiler fans strongly feel in their heart of heart's that the majority of Canuck fans believe in conspiracy theories and not the other way around.

So, without any actual evidence, you're convinced the majority of Oilers fans believe the majority of Canucks fans think a certain way.  Sounds like another conspiracy from a Canucks fan to me.

It was a tongue and cheek comment but think what you want Fritz.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-10, 01:27 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 01:04 PM)Fritz Wrote:

It was a tongue and cheek comment but think what you want Fritz.

I should have added a winky.
Thanks given by: