Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's Happening In Vancouver.
The worst part is that we all get lumped in, and our Vancouver Papers are garbage and because of that they cause a lot of the mis conceptions.

I admit, I was pretty adamant that the NHL controlled the draft order once the lottery was put in place, and although i don't completely think
they don't, I've changed my mind over the last couple years.

That being said, Its hard to find a True fan that isn't scratching there head numerous times during the season on some of the choices the NHL
makes, Both in terms of suspension and other decisions. I don't trust Bettman. I'm not sitting here spewing conspiracies but i don't trust the man
and never will and because of that I don't really trust the NHL.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-09, 08:59 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 08:36 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think Canucks fans are probably the most vocal conspiracy theorists but you're right, they do exist elsewhere. Sabres fans are still sour about Brett Hull's 'foot in the crease' goal to win the Cup. Talk to Leaf fans old enough to have watched the 1993 run and you'll come across some who still hate Kerry Fraser's guts and are convinced he missed Gretzky's high stick on purpose. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

No doubt shady...

I can only imagine what the Leaf forum would be like if they managed to get to the finals and lose in 7 games... and have a few things go in the other teams favor... be it bad calls, non calls, or whatever...  

I'm willing to bet the decibel level of the conspiracy theorists in the Leaf forum would blow the Canuck forum out of the water... 

Let's just hope we don't have to witness the Leafs in the finals any time soon... for our ears sake... Silly

There's no way in hell the Leaf fans would top the bat shit craziness that was going on, in the Canucks forum, during that whole playoffs.

Not only were the conspirisy theories rampant but SOME of the Canuck fans were trying to have the Oilers fans from cheering against them in the Oilers forum !!! They actuallly complain to the MODS.

To this day I could never understand why they would want to go into the Oilers forum while their teams was battling in the playoffs.
Life is Hard ........ It's Harder if You're Stupid
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-11, 08:22 AM)Expuffin Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 08:36 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think Canucks fans are probably the most vocal conspiracy theorists but you're right, they do exist elsewhere. Sabres fans are still sour about Brett Hull's 'foot in the crease' goal to win the Cup. Talk to Leaf fans old enough to have watched the 1993 run and you'll come across some who still hate Kerry Fraser's guts and are convinced he missed Gretzky's high stick on purpose. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

No doubt shady...

I can only imagine what the Leaf forum would be like if they managed to get to the finals and lose in 7 games... and have a few things go in the other teams favor... be it bad calls, non calls, or whatever...  

I'm willing to bet the decibel level of the conspiracy theorists in the Leaf forum would blow the Canuck forum out of the water... 

Let's just hope we don't have to witness the Leafs in the finals any time soon... for our ears sake... Silly

There's no way in hell the Leaf fans would top the bat shit craziness that was going on, in the Canucks forum, during that whole playoffs.

Not only were the conspirisy theories rampant but SOME of the Canuck fans were trying to have the Oilers fans from cheering against them in the Oilers forum !!! They actuallly complain to the MODS.

To this day I could never understand why they would want to go into the Oilers forum while their teams was battling in the playoffs.

That's not quite true. There was a ton of bashing going on in all forums and many 'hid' in their forum for the sole purpose of bashing. The majority of Nuck fans could give a rats ass who the rival fans cheered for and many of us enjoyed the rivalry.
Thanks given by:
That's exactly true KB. I'm not saying all posters but there were several complaints because whoever the Canucks opponents were, the Oilers would cheer for them.

There were requests to have them to stop cheering for them in the Oiler's forum because the Oiler's fans were only doing it to get under the skin of the Canuck's fans.

I remember thinking, Why in the hell are you visiting the Oiler's forum while your team is in the playoffs?

And you know as well as I do, it's not bashing as long as you keep it in your own forum.
Life is Hard ........ It's Harder if You're Stupid
Thanks given by:
What happens in the Oilers forum, stays in the Oilers forum! Wink
A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends! 
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-12, 07:24 AM)Expuffin Wrote: That's exactly true KB. I'm not saying all posters but there were several complaints because whoever the Canucks opponents were, the Oilers would cheer for them.

There were requests to have them to stop cheering for them in the Oiler's forum because the Oiler's fans were only doing it to get under the skin of the Canuck's fans.

I remember thinking, Why in the hell are you visiting the Oiler's forum while your team is in the playoffs?

And you know as well as I do, it's not bashing as long as you keep it in your own forum.

I remember it quite clearly. There was more bashing going on than cheering. Posters who hadn't visited the forum in months were coming out of nowhere. When it was suggested having the game thread in the HG several members threatened to leave because they couldn't bash.

Don't know about you but i visit all the forums in hockey season and sometimes take part in discussions. It was pretty ridiculous some of the crap that went on during that time.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-11, 08:22 AM)Expuffin Wrote:

No doubt shady...

Well ExPuff, one of these decades the Leafs will actually make the finals and it will finally happen during the age of the internet.... Wink

And when that day happens, let's hope for a 7 gamer that's full of ups and downs and bad blood with a good sprinkling of controversial calls/suspensions throughout the series... and of course, the Leafs lose  Silly   

THEN we can talk about the bat shit craziness factor in the Leaf forum...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Imagine if there was twitter and chat rooms when Gilmour allegedly got high sticked?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-12, 12:23 PM)bfitz77 Wrote: Imagine if there was twitter and chat rooms when Gilmour allegedly got high sticked?

Imagine what it would have been like in here when the Goons ruled the ice...  Laugh Laugh Laugh

Thanks given by:
Oh no! Not twitter!!! I don't think the world could handle those 140 character attacks. It would probably lead to a riot.
Thanks given by:
man what a disaster of a game last night...

up 5-2 in the 3rd, they allow 4 goals in 4:40 and trail the canes 6-5. it is at that point they decide to pull miller...i dont think they even took a time out to settle shit down.

canes won 8-6.

disaster....
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Hey MisterZ , there's a GDT in the Vancouver forum... Lots more disaster talk in there to share... Happy

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-14, 11:41 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Hey MisterZ  , there's a GDT in the Vancouver forum...  Lots more disaster talk in there to share... Happy

I do my best to stay out of those...I may say what I'm thinking and upset those who are already enraged.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-14, 11:47 AM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 11:41 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Hey MisterZ  , there's a GDT in the Vancouver forum...  Lots more disaster talk in there to share... Happy

I do my best to stay out of those...I may say what I'm thinking and upset those who are already enraged.

What you have already written here in the HG is pretty much what most Canuck fans are saying in their own GDT...  

You shouldn't worry too much about going into our GDT and discussing last nights game. Unless it gets all troll-y. 

In any case, I'm pretty sure taking shots at a team in the HG is kind of frowned upon ( even if it's warranted... ;Wink

At least that's my understanding...

Thanks given by:
I'd hardly call what he posted as taking shots lol
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-14, 12:07 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

What you have already written here in the HG is pretty much what most Canuck fans are saying in their own GDT...  

You shouldn't worry too much about going into our GDT and discussing last nights game. Unless it gets all troll-y. 

In any case, I'm pretty sure taking shots at a team in the HG is kind of frowned upon ( even if it's warranted... ;Wink

you think what i posted was "taking shots"?

good thing i dont hang out in the canucks forum on game nights.
Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587
(2016-12-14, 12:23 PM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 12:07 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

you think what i posted was "taking shots"?

good thing i dont hang out in the canucks forum on game nights.

No... I don't think you were taking shots... 

I was just mentioning that doing that sort of thing is frowned upon in the HG... and I think we both know that what you wrote about last night's game might ( hahaha ) lead to those that do "take shots".

Fair enough?

Thanks given by: MisterZ

Come on Z. Savary is a man of few rules, but one principal he stands behind fully, is you don't post about other teams in HG...
Thanks given by:
Not that I ever read any more of zappas posts... ignore is such an awesome option... but I can still see when he arrives on the scene and it looks like he made it again, right on schedule.

Hey Zap, why don't ya come over to the Vancouver Forum once in a while, I can ignore ya over there as well... Wink

Thanks given by:
Responding to one's post is a great way to employ the ignore option.
Thanks given by: