Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's Happening In Vancouver.
Reference to the riot still.

Man I can't wait for a Canadian team, other than Montreal, to have a kick at the cat again.

Probably be a prayer meeting after
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it!
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-25, 12:43 PM)TheGuardian Wrote: Reference to the riot still.

Man I can't wait for a Canadian team, other than Montreal, to have a kick at the cat again.

Probably be a prayer meeting after

What did you expect when you started this thread in Hockey General ? 

A child of 7 could have seen where it was going to end up BEFORE starting a thread like this. So don't be complaining about the shots being taken.  

Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-12, 11:52 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 08:22 AM)Expuffin Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 08:59 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 08:36 PM)shadylane Wrote: I think Canucks fans are probably the most vocal conspiracy theorists but you're right, they do exist elsewhere. Sabres fans are still sour about Brett Hull's 'foot in the crease' goal to win the Cup. Talk to Leaf fans old enough to have watched the 1993 run and you'll come across some who still hate Kerry Fraser's guts and are convinced he missed Gretzky's high stick on purpose. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

No doubt shady...

I can only imagine what the Leaf forum would be like if they managed to get to the finals and lose in 7 games... and have a few things go in the other teams favor... be it bad calls, non calls, or whatever...  

I'm willing to bet the decibel level of the conspiracy theorists in the Leaf forum would blow the Canuck forum out of the water... 

Let's just hope we don't have to witness the Leafs in the finals any time soon... for our ears sake... Silly

There's no way in hell the Leaf fans would top the bat shit craziness that was going on, in the Canucks forum, during that whole playoffs.

Not only were the conspirisy theories rampant but SOME of the Canuck fans were trying to have the Oilers fans from cheering against them in the Oilers forum !!! They actuallly complain to the MODS.

To this day I could never understand why they would want to go into the Oilers forum while their teams was battling in the playoffs.

Well ExPuff, one of these decades the Leafs will actually make the finals and it will finally happen during the age of the internet.... Wink

And when that day happens, let's hope for a 7 gamer that's full of ups and downs and bad blood with a good sprinkling of controversial calls/suspensions throughout the series... and of course, the Leafs lose  Silly   

THEN we can talk about the bat shit craziness factor in the Leaf forum...
By then, something will have undoubtedly had time to replace the Internet Wink
Thanks given by:
They should try to sign Messier for the remainder of the season. They would instantly have the third best player currently in the league.

An elite game changer is what the Canucks are missing.
Thanks given by: shadylane
(2016-12-27, 12:04 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: They should try to sign Messier for the remainder of the season. They would instantly have the third best player currently in the league.

An elite game changer is what the Canucks are missing.

Didn't he retire on top of his game? Wink Silly
After All, Life Goes On
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
(2016-12-12, 12:23 PM)bfitz77 Wrote: Imagine if there was twitter and chat rooms when Gilmour allegedly got high sticked?

Yeah, probably would have led to a huge riot and the fans would have trashed downtown.......
Thanks given by:
For what it's worth I think the 'Nucks were never as good as their 'fans' thought they were. They were never going to win it all with the Sedins as their 'best' forwards. Needless to say they should have kept at least one good goalie...

And @TheGuardian, when did the Habs last have a 'kick at the cat'?? It was the Canucks who had the last one - that's what we're discussing here..
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
Could we ask Expuffin to correct the spelling errors in his signature line? He does it just to annoy Canuck fans.......oh darn, it worked again.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 10:04 AM)Marsh Wrote: Could we ask Expuffin to correct the spelling errors in his signature line? He does it just to annoy Canuck fans.......oh darn, it worked again.

Vancouver was mismanaged so bad by the AGENT GM, so then they bring in Benning?  I think he has done a terrible job as well. 
I think they are hooped until the twins and that 14 mill are gone after next year and then they can actually start a proper rebuild.  Miller as well ( Although he has been good some nights for sure and when on he is good)

They must not trade any more draft picks and start drafting better than they have. I still cannot believe they passed on Tkachuk last year ( Yup I do think Juolevi will be a very good player but not a beast like that kid)

Hopefully for them they can Benning and even Linden  ( As an Oiler fan I have seen the problems with having a Lowe and a McTavish up high in the org as President and GM) this summer.  The coach is the one that will get shit on 1st.  I still cannot believe they ever fired Vignault.

Long Road ahead and right now they are just hurting themselves with the odd good game.  Right now they are in the #4 slot ( As Vegas is in the 3) and have an OK chance of winning the lottery. It is unfortunate for them that the draft is not like the last 2 years but that said any of the top 4 or 5 will help.  They got a D man last year so this year a C man would be ideal. Nolan Patrick is a big kid ( Still injured) and can skate and score.  I don't think he is in the mold of even a Sean Monahan type C man ( But that is just me).  The Swiss Kid Hischier is really ripping it up and has climbed the Draft rankings huge.  He could end up being the #1 overall when it is all said and done.

It is going to be a long tough road for the Knuckers and I think they need to break it right down or they will stay mediocore for a long time.  They just do not have enough young talent in the system right now to do a proper rebuild. Very weak on the Dot.

I think they need to jump on a new GM this summer and start from there.
Thanks given by:
To be fair, Gillis didn't run the team into the ground, ownership did.

Gillis just took the fall.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 11:44 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: To be fair, Gillis didn't run the team into the ground, ownership did.

He made some hideous moves LOL.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 10:04 AM)Marsh Wrote: Could we ask Expuffin to correct the spelling errors in his signature line? He does it just to annoy Canuck fans.......oh darn, it worked again.

Now that made me laugh. Didn't even noticed until you pointed it out.

Thanks Marsh. Fixed it.
Life is Hard ........ It's Harder if You're Stupid
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 11:50 AM)maclintock Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 11:44 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: To be fair, Gillis didn't run the team into the ground, ownership did.

Kevin Lowe made some hideous moves as well; as a result of the EIG telling him what to do. 

Gillis wanted to rebuild. Ownership didn't. Hence why Gillis is unemployed and Benning is resisting a rebuild.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 02:41 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 11:50 AM)maclintock Wrote:

Kevin Lowe made some hideous moves as well; as a result of the EIG telling him what to do. 

Gillis wanted to rebuild. Ownership didn't. Hence why Gillis is unemployed and Benning is resisting a rebuild.
Gillis got canned because he traded Luongo after ownership promised he wouldn't be dealt.
Gillis knew the team would never be bad enough to get a shot at 4 franchise type players with both Schnides and Luongo in net and the Sedins still on the team.
It also didn't help that the media went on a witch hunt blaming Gillis for everything right up to not having toilet paper in the bathroom.
Tort's was and still is a very good coach especially for the young guys just look at what he has accomplished in Columbus. AND he was right when he stated the core needed to be replaced.
BTW, I liked the way he stood up for the team and how his anger at what happened to Alberts manifested itself.
By that time he was being so vilified by the media he probably wanted out anyway.
He isn't coaching any different now than he did before, still no game day skates, limited practices that he doesn't attend, that's what assistants are for and still gets on a player here and there. He got the most out of Kassian, Booth and Richardson.

So now the Nucks are close to a playoff spot, big deal.

And the reference to the "old boys club", yes, Vancouver management is looking just like Edmonton's did and making even sillier moves or non moves.

Linden has stated the rebuild will not happen for another 2 years minimum and that's if the Sedins retire, if they don't then it will be longer.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it!
Thanks given by: