Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with Ovie?
30 points in 38 games.   This will be the 2nd straight season his points are way below a PPG.

Is it the Caps system, cuz noone else is scoring either
Thanks given by:
He has 18 goals, not bad, I can see him getting hot and getting to 50 again.  He's had 50 3 years in a row, I think he'll come around soon enough.
Thanks given by:
Besides being Russian? Hmmmm

Jk by the way
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
He got married
Thanks given by: CTS , thebest41587
He stopped cutting his own hair.

But really, I would be surprised if he was in top shape.
Thanks given by:
Caps have won 25 of 39 games and sit 5th overall in the league. Ovie has 18 goals with over half a season to go.

I'm guessing there's no panic in DC just yet.
Thanks given by:
his goal pace is a bit lower, but his rate of assists is actually a touch higher

truth be told though...Ovechkin is goal scorer first and foremost...hasn't had more than 30 assists in a season for the last 6 years...so his point per game will take a bit of a hit, even with him scoring 50+ goals the past 3 seasons.
Thanks given by:
Nothing. Why do you ask?  Wink
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
He's played a very hard game that could be taking a toll on his body. He is 31 years old after all, not at all an uncommon age to start seeing decline in play, and at this point he's ~7 years removed from his last 90+ point season. So expectations of him being an annual Art Ross contender should probably be tempered a bit.

I think last year and this year is as good a chance as they've had to win the Cup though. Their goaltending is as good as it gets, and their blue line is better than it's been at times in past years as well. A bit more of a complete team.
Thanks given by:
Don't we ask this question every year at this time? Then by the end of the year people are talking about OV for the Hart. He'll come around like he always does and tear it up in the second half. Same with Kopitar (although he is not even close to his normal numbers). He always has a slow start but then kicks it into gear in the second half. Although he would need to get over a PPG to even hit the 65 mark (currently on pace for 37).
Thanks given by:
1 goal and 3 assists tonight as the Caps handed the Habs their butt
Caps 4-1 Final
Tomorrow Is Just Another Day!!
Thanks given by:
Ovechkin just dissed Montreal by tying Rocket Richard's goals in their building.
Thanks given by:
1 point from 1000 now. Next game will be number 880.

I bet he still hits 40 goals this year.

Part of it is likely because he's only averaging 18:23 a game in ice time so far. His career low is 19:48, and the last 4 years he's averaged roughly 20:30.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 01:19 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: Ovechkin just dissed Montreal by tying Rocket Richard's goals in their building.

Habs fans like OV. The game was out of reach and speaking for myself, I think it's cool he tied the Rocket at the Bell Center.
Thanks given by:
He tied the number of goals, and will surely get more. So what? There's no way you can really compare the two players - being from completely different eras.

Some people will swear up and down that OV's record is much better. Others will swear that the Rocket was one of the best ever and way better than OV.

Guess which side I'm on? Grin
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
35 seconds in, snipes one for point 1000.

84th player to reach it, game #880 to do it, which ranks 24th.
Thanks given by: Viable , Viable
TSN Go notification popped up saying he had hit "the century mark" with his goal today, lol

Congrats Ovi. Outside of that one time in the WJC's when you punked out, I've always respected your game and appreciated your passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 06:08 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 01:19 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: Ovechkin just dissed Montreal by tying Rocket Richard's goals in their building.

Habs fans like OV. The game was out of reach and speaking for myself, I think it's cool he tied the Rocket at the Bell Center.

How many cups does Ovechkin have?
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:

How did those 'dissed' fans react, 13?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:44 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: How many cups does Ovechkin have?

Gawd I hate this stupid retort when talking about individual players. In any sport

Some of the best players to lace on skates have never/will never win a cup.

What's your damn point?
Thanks given by: TheNumber13 , MisterZ , Wilson Green