Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Juniors thread
I remember when it was not even close as to which country had the best goaltending in this tournament for years and years. Now it seems like forever since we've had elite goaltending. Hopefully one of these two takes it runs with it.
Thanks given by:
3-0 good guys. Grin
The lonesome foghorn blows.

Thanks given by:
This is quickly turning into a blowout. 3 saves is all Connor has had to make.
Thanks given by:
So much for a letdown. Four nothing after two, shots 32 - 3.
Thanks given by:
LOL. I think the Slovaks were hoping for a 0-0 ending.....  Silly
They looked like they were playing to not lose....
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
oddly enough I have zero interest in the WJ this year even though I should have more than ever. I played hockey with one of the assistant coaches growing up and one of the goalies is a local kid as well.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 06:28 PM)Andrew Wrote: oddly enough I have zero interest in the WJ this year even though I should have more than ever. I played hockey with one of the assistant coaches growing up and one of the goalies is a local kid as well.
Me too. I couldn't care less and I'm not sure why.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 06:57 PM)BlueMountain Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 06:28 PM)Andrew Wrote: oddly enough I have zero interest in the WJ this year even though I should have more than ever. I played hockey with one of the assistant coaches growing up and one of the goalies is a local kid as well.
Me too.   I couldn't care less and I'm not sure why.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The only reason I ever pay slight attention to this tournament is to see my teams prospects in action, and this year my team only has two, so I am not really into it either.
Thanks given by:
Not nearly as much star power in the tourney this year with Matthews Laine Marner Pulijarvi etc not in it.  Still enjoy the tourney though.  Favourite international tournament of the year.
Thanks given by:
The Swiss team has been surprising so far. Were in the game today until the last 5 mins
Tomorrow Is Going To Be A Great Day!!
Thanks given by:
Our Sea Dogs have 3 players in the tournament. Thomas Chabot was player of the game for Canada last night!
Tomorrow Is Going To Be A Great Day!!
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 07:54 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Not nearly as much star power in the tourney this year with Matthews Laine Marner Pulijarvi etc not in it.  Still enjoy the tourney though.  Favourite international tournament of the year.

McDavd too, he was eligible for the tournament.
Thanks given by: LeafalCrusader
I can't even imagine the havoc a McDavid / Marner combo would wreak on the tournament this year.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-28, 09:51 PM)Hobbes Wrote: I can't even imagine the havoc a McDavid / Marner combo would wreak on the tournament this year.

This would have been a epic tournament if this were a lockout year.  McDavid,Marner for Canada vs Matthews, Tkachuck, Werenski for the US, vs Laine, Aho and Pulijarvi for Finland.  Provorov for Russia would be pretty great too.
Thanks given by:
There is a pretty interesting storyline developing. Finland, the defending champs, are at the bottom of their group. The bottom teams in each division get relegated correct? Or do the two bottom teams play a knockout game and the loser gets relegated? Regardless, Finland better be hoping for the Czechs to beat Denmark today as the Danes and Swiss are the most likely teams Finland could catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
So the teams that finish last play each other, and the loser gets relegated to the next division, while the winner of that division comes up to play with the big boys. Belarus won and will play in the top division next year. As of now, Finland and Latvia are the last place teams, but we've still got a few days to go. Latvia is likely going to need to beat Slovakia to have a chance at top 4, while Finland will likely need to beat Switzerland, pending a loss to Sweden.
Thanks given by:
An interesting scenario is playing out...

Denmark just tied the Czechs late in the 3rd. So long as this game goes to OT, that puts Denmark up by a minimum of 4 and the Czechs 5, pending the OT result. Finland plays Sweden tonight, and if Finland loses that, then the only team they can catch would be Switzerland, who just happens to play Denmark tomorrow. If Switzerland can win that one, then Finland would not qualify for the knockout stage. I imagine that would be a first, the defending champions don't even make the QF.
Thanks given by:
Denmark wins in probably the most entertaining game so far. What a game winning goal! The pressure is on Finland! They need a good result tonight
Thanks given by:
Interesting to note, the Russians have beaten the Americans in the knockout stage each of the last three years (SF last year, QF 2 years prior)
Thanks given by:
I was reading Finland has a really young team this year, but will be back in force next year with mostly the same group. They shouldn't have too much trouble with the Latvians if they are in the relegation round, but who knows what can happen.
Thanks given by: