Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Juniors thread
Czechs vs Denmark was a hell of a game. Well done Danes!

On another note...... I fell in love with that lovely dark haired lady behind the Czechs bench!
"I've been obnoxious.....I've been unconscious.......I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell."

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
The USA handles Russia, meaning the division will come down to either them or Canada.

I fully expect Canada to throttle Latvia tonight. The Latvians will be more concerned with their game against Slovakia less then 24 hours after the Canada game. I wouldn't be surprised if they started their backup.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
Alex Nylander with a goal and a helper for the Swedes.  Should be a good brotherly rivalry between him and William in the NHL soon.

And he adds the empty netter.  Finland's in trouble
Thanks given by:
So Finland may not even make it out of round robin play, unbelievable.

Canada wins but don't think they will be happy with that one.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-29, 11:00 PM)tm123 Wrote: Canada wins but don't think they will be happy with that one.

because they only scored 10, or they gave up 2?

anyway...I am going to the Slovakia/Latvia game tomorrow...was given tickets...is there anything on the line between these bottom feeders? should I be cheering for 1 over the other?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-29, 11:07 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 11:00 PM)tm123 Wrote: Canada wins but don't think they will be happy with that one.

anyway...I am going to the Slovakia/Latvia game tomorrow...was given tickets...is there anything on the line between these bottom feeders? should I be cheering for 1 over the other?

Giving up 2 goals, 25 shots and getting outshot in the 3rd (I believe, can't confirm).
Thanks given by:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
In games like that there should be a mercy rule. Canada looked like they were trying not to run the score up. A bit of a joke. There should be qualifiers held and the actual tournament should be made up of four teams.
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-29, 11:07 PM)Chris D Wrote:

The winner will likely be the 4th seed and play Sweden in the QF. Loser goes to relegation round
Thanks given by:
Canada looked good in spurts. They played very well in the last ten minutes of the first and second periods, but otherwise I didn't find them overly impressive. To be fair, when you've got such a huge lead it's gotta be difficult to stay motivated in the third period, but they were legitimately outplayed in the first half of the first period. A better team would have scored 1 or 2 goals on us, and it just so happens Canada plays a better team tomorrow. The USA have some very dynamic forwards, and if we play with the same lack of discipline, Clayton Keller is going to have a hey-day.

Canada has to come out hungrier to start and they can't take silly penalties.
Thanks given by:
Back in the country tomorrow night - looking forward to watching the medal round.
Thanks given by:
Denmark up 3-1 on Switzerland after one.  They hold on here they'll clinch 2nd in group B lol.
Thanks given by:
Which would likely mean a QF match with Russia. Canada would then play one of Switzerland/Czech/Finland in the QF
Thanks given by:
4-3 Denmark at end of 2. The Finns are out if the Swiss come back.
Thanks given by:
Finland are out, meaning we are most likely to play the Swiss or Czechs. It's still possible we play Denmark, but improbable.
Thanks given by:
I am somewhat surprised at all the empty seats at the ACC? Over priced them I wonder?
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 09:08 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: I am somewhat surprised at all the empty seats at the ACC?  Over priced them I wonder?

They said they corrected that problem compared to last time, but have now said they will review again before next time...

Would be interesting from people who have played in both but do the players prefer a bigger crowd but empty sits in TO or smaller crowds but packed house in places like Saskatoon, Red Deer? I don't know the answer.  Hockey Canada obviously has a preference to making the most money as I assume they profit greatly from these events.
Thanks given by:
Miller just reporting that the Finnish team has fired their head coach due to their lack lustre performance!
GO LEAFS GO!!
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 07:45 PM)encore Wrote: Finland are out, meaning we are most likely to play the Swiss or Czechs. It's still possible we play Denmark, but improbable.

Wow, after winning last year they are going to have to play relegation to make it into the tournament next year, don't think it should be an issue but still.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 09:08 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: I am somewhat surprised at all the empty seats at the ACC?  Over priced them I wonder?

Slovakia v latvia...not exactly a huge draw game.  Two teams at the bottom of the standings.

Russia v US had a lot more.
Thanks given by: