Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you?
Once Gallagher healthy, Trade Gallagher, Julssen and a 1st for Coyle in Minnesota? Would MINN do it, even is another question?
Thanks given by:
Why would we ever do that trade? It would be a terrible trade for us IMO.

Charlie Coyle??? Thats it? I mean ya he is a good player, but Gallagher for him 1 for 1 is already something. I find Coyle pretty annoying actually. I mean, what forward wears the number 3???? Come on!!! Silly
Thanks given by:
Have you lost your mind? Happy Oh yeah, my answer is a big fat no I wouldn't do it and yes Minnesota would be all over it.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 01:40 PM)bchippie Wrote: Have you lost your mind? Happy  Oh yeah, my answer is a big fat no I wouldn't do it and yes Minnesota would be all over it.

I'm sure Script just accidentally deleted part of the paragraph and there is more too it ;Wink Right Script??? Silly

I know people might look at Gallagher's season and think that his value has nosedived into oblivion, but I think its just one of those seasons where everything that could have gone wrong did for Gallagher and next season he will be back producing. They are both the same age, played around the same number of NHL games and Gallagher is still more productive even though Coyle is having a great season. 

I mean who knows, maybe Coyle becomes this power house producer. But thats a huge amount to give up for such a risk
Thanks given by:
Maybe Script has been reading too many of Habling's post. Grin

My answer is no.
Thanks given by:
Scriptor? Have you been hacked? That is a very, very one sided trade in favour of Minny. Gallagher straight up is bad enough.
- What if this is as good as it gets ? -
Thanks given by:
Are we supposed to take this seriously? Because I don't.
Thanks given by:
Actually, you're all right. It is too much of a one-way trade. I never finished the post, because someone arrived unexpectedly (ahead of schedule) and I had to dash out.

More precisely, the question ought to have been, would you trade Gallagher for Coyle who, at 6'3" and 220 lbs or so, would be a good fit as a big, talented, still developing 2nd line?

Personally, I don't think Gallagher, straight up, would convince MINN to trade Coyle. He is currently being used as a RW so, I could see Gallagher replacing him in that role. We would fix a need at C in the process, trading from RW, which is more of a strength than LW for the Habs.

McCarron could be used at RW on the 2nd line with Coyle and Lehkonen at LW. A good mix of size and skill. A 3rd line with Danault at C, Shaw at RW and Byron at LW would marry feistiness, speed and two-way hockey.

A first line of Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov would not only be a legitimate 1st line at the NHL level, it would be one of the five best first lines at the NHL level, IMO.

A fourth line with Mitchell at C and a combination of players that the Habs have ready to play that role would be an easy thing to concoct as a useful line.

At 24 years of age, Coyle could very well solve our problem at C for the second line for a long time without costing excessively high a return. Gallagher as a strength at one position for a strength at a more (pardon the pun) pivotal position we seem unable to solve from within the organization.

I think MINN laughs at us if we offer Gallagher for Coyle, straight up. How much more, if anything, would you be willing to give?

What is your appreciation of a player like Coyle?
Thanks given by:
Gallagher straight up for Coyle is not a laughing matter. Gallagher is a special player. I must admit I don't know Coyle all that well but If he is as good as you say he is, I would throw in a second rounder. That's it, that's all.
Thanks given by:
Coyle is large and difficult to move in front of the opposing net. He looks imposing on the ice and has the makings, IMO, to be a power forward C. Visits the opposing crease with a lot more regularity than a pacioretty. At 24, he's still improving and, with a bigger role, will keep improving. A right-handed C can come in handy but, he does need to improve on the F/Os.

IMHO, a consistent 20+ (30-Goal upside?) goal-scoring C who can get 50+ points yearly (60+ Ps upside?) in the making. Big boy who can use his size more and improve his defensive game (easiest to learn/improve than develop offensive skills).

As per Hockey News:

CHARLIE COYLE
#3 • RW
Height: 6'3
Weight: 218 lbs.
Shoots: R
Experience: 4 years
Birthdate: Mar 2, 1992
Birthplace: E. Weymouth, MA
Drafted: Drafted by San Jose in 2010 (1/28).
Acquired: Acquired in a trade with San Jose in 2011.

2016-17 SEASON STATS:

GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG TOI S PTSPG
YTD 39 13 19 32 12 22 4 0 3 17:36 85 0.82
On Pace 82 27 40 67 25 46 8 0 6 17:36 179 0.82

SCOUTING REPORT

ASSETS:

Has outstanding offensive instincts and excellent hands. Can both set up teammates and finish off plays himself. Also displays the size required to fend off defenders effectively at the highest level.

FLAWS:

While he can play both center and wing, his defensive game may not be quite good enough to play down the middle in the National Hockey League over time. Could also stand to use his size more.

CAREER POTENTIAL:

Talented, versatile forward with some upside.

CAREER HONORS & AWARDS

LEAGUE HONOR DESCRIPTION

QMJHL Playoff MVP 2011-12
HE Rookie of the Year 2010-11
HE All-Rookie Team 2010-11

Coyle is one of those players that can fly under the radar for us Habs fans because we don't see him play often. He brings size and skill and has consistently improved since joining the league in the 2012-2013 season. He's projected to improve well above his 21G, 21A year last season as he continues to improve in a larger role.

A line with McCarron and Lehkonen may have the size and scoring that would be a handful for most teams to handle. Rebounds would lead to plenty of scoring on that line.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 05:28 PM)bchippie Wrote: Gallagher straight up for Coyle is not a laughing matter. Gallagher is a special player. I must admit I don't know Coyle all that well but If he is as good as you say he is, I would throw in a second rounder. That's it, that's all.

IMO, Coyle is a large 20+ goal-scoring forward that can set up and shoot for results. Over time, I'm banking on him being more useful to the team than Gallagher whose diminutive size and high octane style won't necessarily mix well in the long run.

The second gallagher finds he needs to cut down on time spent in the crease, he will become less and less useful, much like Gionta stopped scoring close to 30 as he changed his playing style in order to last longer over time.
Thanks given by:
This coming from a HUGE Gallagher fan. Sometimes, you need to give to receive and sometimes you need to sell high while you can. Gallagher's reputation, right now can get you something good, IMO. However, I'm not sure injuries haven't already started getting the better of him...
Thanks given by:
Did anyone not read what I wrote????

COYLE WEARS #3!!!! He is a bloody forward. Forwards dont wear #3!!!!! Come on, thats just annoying
Wild have been trying to trade him but nobody wants such a weirdo
Wink
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 07:30 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Did anyone not read what I wrote????

COYLE WEARS #3!!!! He is a bloody forward. Forwards dont wear #3!!!!! Come on, thats just annoying
Wink

That is weird for a forward. Mind you 4 looked pretty good on Beliveau, not so good on Hall though.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:14 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Wink

That is weird for a forward. Mind you 4 looked pretty good on Beliveau, not so good on Hall though.

Well that's 4, but #3!? Come on!!!!!! Silly
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:14 PM)Abchippie Wrote:

Wink

When Beliveau played, higher numbers hadn't been invented yet.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:43 PM)GloryYrs70s Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 09:14 PM)Abchippie Wrote:

Wink

When Beliveau played, higher numbers hadn't been invented yet.

People mustve had a really hard time figuring out the year back then
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 09:25 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 09:14 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Wink

Well that's 4, but #3!? Come on!!!!!! Silly
He,s wearing a D number to show he is conscious about improving his defensive play Wink
Thanks given by:
Trade a 2nd liner for a 2nd liner but we give up a 1st and a former 1st to make it happen? Not a chance at that value. I do think it would be an upgrade, he has similar (more this year) offense, more physical player as well, a better contract albeit shorter. I think both teams value these guys too much for it to ever happen. Not often you would see two of the best teams in the league trade players mid-season with each other.
Thanks given by:
Coyle is a good, underrated player. Then this thread came along and now he's overrated.
I have sex daily. I mean dyslexia.
Thanks given by: