Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
the Trump thread. all Trump talk in here
I vote for 1 giant Donald Trump thread and that all previous threads are inserted into here and no further threads regarding any Trump news, big or small be created.

if you agree say so.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
Just rename this the Off-Trumpic forum and be done with it.
Thanks given by:
I agree with Pouzar to some degree that it is not necessary to have a new thread everytime the giant orangutan farts - and you cfl are one of the main culprits for starting new threads for what is just a development from an existing thread.
But you now seem to have changed your mind? So maybe if you stopped posting new threads on everything Trump related the problem would just take care of itself?
Thanks given by:
Not counting this one, I see 4 Trump related threads on page one. I don't see the major concern in moving them.
I don't mind getting old, I just don't wanna look old
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 01:01 PM)divit Wrote: Not counting this one, I see 4 Trump related threads on page one. I don't see the major concern in moving them.

The "major concern" is a large percentage of this community's members turn into a bunch of flaming assh0les in those threads.  It's so consistent and constant that it's disgusting.

I don't know what it is about Trump that does this to you guys but a lot of "true character" has been shown in anything bearing him as the topic of discussion.
Thanks given by:
I don't care about the volume of Trump threads. People obviously want to talk about it. I don't, but whatever.

The problem that I see, is a real lack of alternative discussions in Off Topic....And of course that's on all of us.

Perhaps it's temporary ( because I don't see sustainability over the next 4 years at this rate)...

And what about the macro level?

What is all this chatter doing to the overall participation on the site?

I don't mean quantity per poster...What about the actual number of posters?

Constantly attacking each other, regardless of topic, will have permanent consequences...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: LeafalCrusader
I personally don't really care whether there's a sub-forum for every little thing or whether we just merge everything non-sports related into an Off Topic forum. I understand having opinions one way or another and putting forth those opinions, but when you don't get your way don't act like a spoiled little brat.
"Larry Bird isn't white, he's clear" - Bill Murray
Thanks given by:
I think having a separate politics forum wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
Thanks given by:
As of this second there are 756 replies on the first page of the off topic forum (not counting the fitness thread because its really just a log book).  288 of them (38%) are from just three threads about Trump. Complain all you want but it seems to be by far the most popular topic in here and moving them would just be splitting the traffic and making two lesser sections instead of one more active one.

I have been on forums for a long long time. The one mistake that they always make is having WAY to many specific sections. Then it just becomes a ghost town because everyone is in there own little forum instead of interacting. If anything I think this place has too many sections already.
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , divit , Wilson Green , poppabyrd
I agree with Andrew. I rarely venture into Adams forum and miss out on a lot of entertainment talk as a result.
This year Trump has been by far the number 1 news maker so it makes sense that he garners the most threads and posts.

For a while we had a lot of talk about police misbehaviour which got a lot of people fired up. Should we have started a Police Forum?
What about the Black lives matter debates? Black Lives mater forum?
Notley forum?
Music forum?
Dead celebrities forum?
Milt is a big fat meanie forum?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"
Thanks given by:
It is only fitting that conservatives in this forum are attempting to silence/limit conversations about an ultra right politician who may have a major impact on Canada, consider that same politician has repeatedly expressed his want to censor the American media. Congrats to those who are against freedom of speech!
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
Just want to stop what will likely happen down the road, where people both new and old will stay away.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 01:52 PM)Oilking Wrote: It is only fitting that conservatives in this forum are attempting to silence/limit conversations about an ultra right politician who may have a major impact on Canada, consider that same politician has repeatedly expressed his want to censor the American media.  Congrats to those who are against freedom of speech!

It's not good to generalize all Conservatives. Both the left and right have a mix of reasonable people and unreasonable people. It's not just one of them.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 02:06 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Just want to stop what will likely happen down the road, where people both new and old will stay away.

I stay away from a lot of threads because I have no interest in them. It is actually quite easy to post comments only in those threads where you feel you have something to contribute or to leave one when you find it going in a direction that no longer interests you.
I think we should eliminate Adams thread as it tends to isolate one area of Off-topic from general viewing. Maybe just make the entire off topic a tribute to Adam.
Speaking of Adam I would love to have heard his opinion of the reality star as President elect. Grin
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"
Thanks given by: Wilson Green , Wilson Green
(2016-12-30, 02:14 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 01:52 PM)Oilking Wrote: It is only fitting that conservatives in this forum are attempting to silence/limit conversations about an ultra right politician who may have a major impact on Canada, consider that same politician has repeatedly expressed his want to censor the American media.  Congrats to those who are against freedom of speech!

It's not good to generalize all Conservatives. Both the left and right have a mix of reasonable people and unreasonable people. It's not just one of them.

Of course it isn't just one of them.  There have been multiple conservatives who have attempted to silence/limit conversations.  That's why I put an "s" at the end of the word.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 02:22 PM)Oilking Wrote:

Of course it isn't just one of them.  There have been multiple conservatives who have attempted to silence/limit conversations.  That's why I put an "s" at the end of the word.

That's okay, in the future just try to hear out a Conservative poster's opinion before going into the debate with negative intent just because they're on the Conservative side. It's equivalent to automatically hating someone without knowing them just because they're of an opposite skin colour.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 01:22 PM)Andrew Wrote: I have been on forums for a long long time. The one mistake that they always make is having WAY to many specific sections. Then it just becomes a ghost town because everyone is in there own little forum instead of interacting. If anything I think this place has too many sections already.

Its true.  More subforums results in less chatter.  Something we indeed confirmed as we find our way with this site.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 02:33 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:

That's okay, in the future just try to hear out a Conservative poster's opinion before going into the debate with negative intent just because they're on the Conservative side. It's equivalent to automatically hating someone without knowing them just because they're of an opposite skin colour.

First off, big-C conservative represents the party.

Second, I'm basing what I just said on the expressed opinions of multiple conservative members of this forum, including yourself. So no, it is generalization, it is an opinion based on what I have read.  

Lastly, Trump has said all Mexicans are rapist, based on your last sentence, you shouldn't be okay with that.  Are you?
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 02:33 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:

or if they are a transgender person.
Thanks given by:
Or an SJW.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd