Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
the Trump thread. all Trump talk in here
Canadian oil is "foreign oil" too.
Thanks given by:
(10 hours ago)HockeyHippy Wrote: Zap's article highlights it well. Yes, Trump hasn't said anything about Canada.

But he has committed to taking actions that will further drive down energy prices, making higher cost Canadian crude less attractive.

Even if we weren't the target of his anti OPEC wrath, we might end up collateral damage.

I don't care how many billions of dollars this costs Alberta if it means making our washrooms safe for straight white adult males again.
Transform, and roll out!
Thanks given by: Bong13
Right now bathroom orientation should be the least of our concerns
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
(11 hours ago)CTS Wrote: Nobody's gonna be persecuted.  Except illegals.

Relax

Translation: 

Even if everyone isn't equal under the law, that doesn't affect me or people like me, so what's the big deal?
Transform, and roll out!
Thanks given by: Oilking
(10 hours ago)Limestoner Wrote:
(10 hours ago)tm123 Wrote: Yes, there going to be more USA but this is an actual shift from Energy Independence to Energy Independence from OPEC and hostile nations.  A good thing for Canada.

I am far from an expert on the oil industry, but it seems to me that what Lying Donald is trying to put in place will result in lower global oil prices.

Is this good for Canadian producers?

Depends what you think will happen in reality.  

OPEC, I believe is an easy target, so the shift to reduce imports from them and other hostiles, will happen in my opinion.  I can't see any future gov't over-turning that decision.  This should help the discount we see and also will be used for Keystone arguments so the USA can rid itself of OPEC/hostile Oil.  Win for Canada oil producers.  Although the pipeline will be likely used to export oil from North America anyway.

Increased shale production - that will happen over time and I don't believe is much of a shift from what we see currently, so this is really a non-factor as oil industry already expects it.

Arctic/Off-shore drilling - this is the big wild card, if it were to go ahead it would take a long time to get going, years of protests, etc... I don't think Trump will see this in his first term, so question being, will he be a 2 term president to see it happen.  Personally don't think so and this type of drilling will likely than be banned again by the next President.
Thanks given by:
(10 hours ago)poppabyrd Wrote:
(10 hours ago)HockeyHippy Wrote: Zap's article highlights it well. Yes, Trump hasn't said anything about Canada.

But he has committed to taking actions that will further drive down energy prices, making higher cost Canadian crude less attractive.

Even if we weren't the target of his anti OPEC wrath, we might end up collateral damage.

I don't care how many billions of dollars this costs Alberta if it means making our washrooms safe for straight white adult males again.

While the jokes are funny for those of us who actually know what gender neutral bathrooms are, you're probably just feeding his phobia by making him think that "gender neutral bathroom" involves whatever his worst fears could be instead of you know, the types of bathrooms with different stalls and communal sinks
Thanks given by:

There is also the possibility that this decreases the delta between WTI and WCS.
Thanks given by:
I'll be the first to admit it's not the easiest concept to wrap one's head around, based on how gender constructs have been ingrained in us. But why this should figure into any election.....
Transform, and roll out!
Thanks given by:
The reason I brought up the bathroom issue in the 1st place was because I knew it would touch a nerve. 

Noone is being discriminated against because Trump is President.   We have been force fed political correctness for so long now, that America finally gagged because enough is enough.   The bathroom issue is 1 example of a useless law that was forced on society by the PC crowd.  If you dare speak out against it,  they try to shame you into feeling like a homophobe or saying you have transphobia.

Everyone freaking out saying Trump is gonna discriminate against so many groups. My response was, like how? People will likely have to start using the proper bathrooms again.

Liberals created this whole Trump saga
Thanks given by:
(9 hours ago)CTS Wrote: The reason I brought up the bathroom issue in the 1st place was because I knew it would touch a nerve. 

Noone is being discriminated against because Trump is President.   We have been force fed political correctness for so long now, that America finally gagged because enough is enough.   The bathroom issue is 1 example of a useless law that was forced on society by the PC crowd.  If you dare speak out against it,  they try to shame you into feeling like a homophobe or saying you have transphobia.

Everyone freaking out saying Trump is gonna discriminate against so many groups. My response was, like how? People will likely have to start using the proper bathrooms again.

Everytime I hear him speak of the LGBTQ community, he always says he'll protect them from foreign threats...not just threats or domestic and foreign, just foreign.

And his promise to repeal the Johnson ammendment will only be harmful to them if the challenge can pass the Supreme Court.
Thanks given by:
(9 hours ago)CTS Wrote: The reason I brought up the bathroom issue in the 1st place was because I knew it would touch a nerve. 

Everyone freaking out saying Trump is gonna discriminate against so many groups.   My response was, like how?  People will likely have to start using the proper bathrooms again.

Yes, you repeatedly brought up bathrooms despite evidence suggesting real discrimination.  Why? Because you are far more interested in trying to "touch a nerve" than to care about human beings. Thank you for once again proving this undeniable fact.
Thanks given by:
For most people the bathroom issue is a dead horse. The only people concerned about someone using the bathroom of the gender they identify with is the religeous right. Trump may feel he has to pay them back for their support. But since he doesn't pay his debts he may not.

It seems, CTS, that Kellie Leetch is the woman of your dreams. You should see if you can get a part time job helping her on her campaign. With the extra bucks you could afford to pay your heating bill.
"I view material possessions as a side effect of living rather than a goal of life"
Thanks given by:

Did you really just admit to trolling?
"Fool me once......shame on......shame on you......Go fool me can't get fool again!"  -  George W. Bush
Thanks given by: Oilking
(8 hours ago)Lagavulin Wrote: It seems, CTS, that Kellie Leetch is the woman of your dreams. You should see if you can get a part time job helping her on her campaign. With the extra bucks you could afford to pay your heating bill.

Careful, CTS: Lynch seems to be a good candidate for a future sex change operation.

One: think twice before having an affair with the woman Lynch.

Two: God knows which washroom the future male Lynch will use Wink
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by: