Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
the Trump thread.
(2016-12-30, 10:45 PM)Limestoner Wrote: My point was that it is highly unlikely to have a negative effect on anyone's future employment. In fact, the reverse may well end up being true.

Methinks you are ascribing far too much prestige to this gig.

On an aside, I think the Rockettes who do show up should show up wearing codpieces...you know, for ***** grab protection.  Grin

Actually Lime first I've heard of it. I just know that if I need a job I take the job. Personal opinions come a far second. Since the post referenced Rockettes I assumed independent wealth wasn't in the equation
Thanks given by:
"You're"

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"
Thanks given by: oilyrider , Doppelganger , poppabyrd , CaperLeaf
(2016-12-30, 11:20 PM)RLagavulin Wrote: "You're"

Sorry Laga... I'd lime to rephrase my previous post and just point out that the link(?) you posted was actually not from the Trump supporters
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , CaperLeaf
Yes but I think whoever made it wanted the Trump supporters to understand it. Cool
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 11:20 PM)Lagavulin Wrote: "You're"

Karaoke Laugh Laugh Laugh
The lonesome foghorn blows.

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-30, 11:36 PM)Lagavulin Wrote: Yes but I think whoever made it wanted the Trump supporters to understand it. Cool

Just the girl would have met that objective!  Merry Christmas. Laga
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
Mike Pence announcing repealing Obamacare will be the 1st order of business
Thanks given by:
I guess Millions of Americans won't mind losing their healthcare.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by:
They still have not said a word about what they will replace it with.

I suspect they will just tweak it slightly, put a Republican brand on it, (Trumpcare perhaps) and be happy.
They can then lay claim to being the party that brought health care to the American people.
A giraffe has no vocal cords. He has nothing to say, he just keeps on giraffing. 
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 02:27 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: I guess Millions of Americans won't mind losing their healthcare.

You mean the massive fines if they can't pay the inflated charges for Obamacare?  lol

Trump had better have an immediate and successful replacement ready to offset his cancellation of Obamacare.  A straight out cancellation solves nothing.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 02:30 PM)Lumbergh Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 02:27 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: I guess Millions of Americans won't mind losing their healthcare.

You mean the massive fines if they can't pay the inflated charges for Obamacare?  lol

Trump had better have an immediate and successful replacement ready to offset his cancellation of Obamacare.  A straight out cancellation solves nothing.

Don't tell the people who'd rather pay an unregulated insurance industry out of pocket.....
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 02:41 PM)poppabyrd Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 02:30 PM)Lumbergh Wrote:

Don't tell the people who'd rather pay an unregulated insurance industry out of pocket.....

Sadly, many would prefer it.
Thanks given by:
I saw Sen. Chuck Schumer on TV today and he compared the Republicans to a dog that finally caught the bus he was chasing.   That might be the best description of the party I've heard.
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
More disturbing is that presumably this gets rid of the prohibition against blocking people with pre-existing conditions from getting coverage. Especially children - congenital ailments were, of course, pre-existing until the Affordable Care Act.

Everyone always looks at the mandate section of the ACA. But they forget seriously important reforms, such as allowing college kids to stay on their parents insurance until they are 26, better protection for pre-existing conditions, and protections for kids born with congenital illnesses.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 02:43 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote: I saw Sen. Chuck Schumer on TV today and he compared the Republicans to a dog that finally caught the bus he was chasing.   That might be the best description of the party I've heard.

What was the Joker's line..........he wouldn't know what to do with it if he caught one....

Seems fitting.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 02:29 PM)divit Wrote: They still have not said a word about what they will replace it with.

I suspect they will just tweak it slightly, put a Republican brand on it, (Trumpcare perhaps) and be happy.
They can then lay claim to being the party that brought health care to the American people.

You're wrong there Divit.
Trump went into great detail about what he was going to replace Obamacare with.
Thanks given by:
He wasn't serious though!

Or he was serious.

It's all the same now. Wink
Thanks given by:
He will replace it with TRUMP CARE. It will be identical to Obamacare just with a new name in captial letters made out of gold.

That's what he does, puts his name on things that other people build.
Thanks given by: divit
It's interesting that Palin always screeched about the ACA and death panels conspiracy nonsense.

But losing the protections that HH alluded to, well that could mean people might be dying without significant cash for medical expenses.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-04, 03:39 PM)Lagavulin Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 02:29 PM)divit Wrote: They still have not said a word about what they will replace it with.

You're wrong there Divit.
Trump went into great detail about what he was going to replace Obamacare with.

Yeah, I posted that right after watching Mike Pence and Paul Ryan and others trashing Obamacare and dodging questions as to what they would replace it with. 
All that Paul Ryan could come up with was repeatedly saying "Don't worry, we will not pull the rug out from under anyone"......very informative.
A giraffe has no vocal cords. He has nothing to say, he just keeps on giraffing. 
Thanks given by: