Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards
Obama farewell speech - Printable Version

+- Roughing After The Whistle Discussion Boards (http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Discussion (http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Obama farewell speech (/Thread-Obama-farewell-speech)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Obama farewell speech - cflisthebest - 2017-01-10

It's live on all the major networks.

RE: Obama farewell speech - poppabyrd - 2017-01-10

RE: Obama farewell speech - SeanCDNMTL - 2017-01-10

There was some crazy heckler.

RE: Obama farewell speech - cflisthebest - 2017-01-10

(2017-01-10, 09:19 PM)poppabyrd Wrote:

Haha.. Yeah, no doubt.  Here comes Homer

RE: Obama farewell speech - CaperLeaf - 2017-01-10

I hate good byes and even hellos!

RE: Obama farewell speech - CaperLeaf - 2017-01-10

(2017-01-10, 09:06 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: It's live on all the major networks.

Ah and I missed it?? But the Wings/Hawks hockey game from United Centre is very good!

RE: Obama farewell speech - miltonred - 2017-01-10

Classy. It might be a long time before anyone with the class of Barack Obama gets anywhere near the White House. For sure the difference between this man and the despicable clown about to replace him is greater than words can describe.

RE: Obama farewell speech - poppabyrd - 2017-01-10

I think Barack cheated on his wife

With the occasional cigarette

RE: Obama farewell speech - Bo Dangles - 2017-01-10

The fact that #goldenshowers is almost overshadowing Obama's farewell speech on Twitter speaks to milt's point.

Class and grace being replaced by an utter embarrassment to the white house.

As a representative of the country, and as an aurator, you literally could not dream up more polar opposites.

I hate that Trump has turned this word into a joke...because it truly is: sad.

RE: Obama farewell speech - ckendall - 2017-01-10

It really saddens me.

That we're bidding farewell to eight years of hard work, determination, class, integrity, gracefulness, & saying good bye to what might be the last time for a while where the Oval Office is considered as an office held to a much higher standard. Where people around the world look to the White House for guidance, voice of reason, & healing whenever there's a sense of tragedy or uneasiness.

Obama is bowing out with grace & class.

Then comes January 20th, 2017....where all that could change. All around the world, people just have no honest-to-goodness clue about what's coming next. There's too much uneasiness surrounding the incoming President-elect.

I dunno how to feel about this right now.

But what we do know is that President Obama has completed his two terms in office, & now somehow, someway, we must carry on. Life goes on. We will carry on with our lives. But....in the back of our minds, what's transpiring or will transpire after the Obamas leave office in 10 days...there's reason for people to wait...& wonder.

In the meantime....

Thanks Obama. Happy

RE: Obama farewell speech - topgun - 2017-01-10

I look forward to Trump's good bye speech. May that come sooner rather than later.

RE: Obama farewell speech - cflisthebest - 2017-01-11

Homer Simpson is the next President

RE: Obama farewell speech - tm123 - 2017-01-11

"If you are tired with arguing with strangers on the internet, try to talk with one in real life."

So what's going to be Obama's legacy? Can't see Obama-care sticking around, first black president will never be taken away from him, I guess that is probably it. I guess could be known as the President when Bin-Laden is killed. Not much there for him but guess that is better then the legacy Bush left before him.

RE: Obama farewell speech - SeanCDNMTL - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 12:57 AM)cflisthebest Wrote: Homer Simpson is the next President

The Simpsons did predict a Trump presidency in one of their episodes.

RE: Obama farewell speech - FanOfHabs - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-10, 09:59 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote: The fact that #goldenshowers is almost overshadowing Obama's farewell speech on Twitter speaks to milt's point.

Class and grace being replaced by an utter embarrassment to the white house.

As a representative of the country, and as an aurator, you literally could not dream up more polar opposites.

I hate that Trump has turned this word into a joke...because it truly is: sad.

I almost (not really) hate to ask.....but for those of us not on twitter......#goldenshowers???  Is this what Trump is into?   

I really, really do not want to google this.....

RE: Obama farewell speech - poppabyrd - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 05:07 AM)tm123 Wrote: "If you are tired with arguing with strangers on the internet, try to talk with one in real life."

So what's going to be Obama's legacy?  Can't see Obama-care sticking around, first black president will never be taken away from him, I guess that is probably it.  I guess could be known as the President when Bin-Laden is killed.  Not much there for him but guess that is better then the legacy Bush left before him.

I think first president in living memory with no personal scandals.

RE: Obama farewell speech - Stevie_Y - 2017-01-11

He's a great orator. That's about it.

RE: Obama farewell speech - SeanCDNMTL - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 05:07 AM)tm123 Wrote: "If you are tired with arguing with strangers on the internet, try to talk with one in real life."

So what's going to be Obama's legacy?  Can't see Obama-care sticking around, first black president will never be taken away from him, I guess that is probably it.  I guess could be known as the President when Bin-Laden is killed.  Not much there for him but guess that is better then the legacy Bush left before him.

Its really difficult to say what his legacy will be, that will be left to the historians decades from now. Certainly being the first black president is something special that is important. At the same time it didnt really have the desired "change" effect as many of his supporters thought it might have, especially seeing the direction of the country now.

RE: Obama farewell speech - divit - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 10:16 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:

Its really difficult to say what his legacy will be, that will be left to the historians decades from now. Certainly being the first black president is something special that is important. At the same time it didnt really have the desired "change" effect as many of his supporters thought it might have, especially seeing the direction of the country now.

His legacy will be...the most obstructed President in US history.

RE: Obama farewell speech - Unreal - 2017-01-11

I think Obama will go down as one of the greats of all time - it won't happen for decades, but eventually he'll be one of the best regarded Presidents in history. Even now, he's iconic.

Four years of Trump may speed up that process. Silly