Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 NHL Draft
tmleafer: Good post. Yes, I think the same way, but I was going to use the poker analogy. Luck plays a bigger role in the short-term, but, in the long-term, betting pot odds, making smart folds and smart bets will lead to some winning way more than others.

Tampa Bay is the team that really seems to be a little too lucky, if you ask me.
Thanks given by:
Seven players (McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Rantanen, Aho, Connor, Chabot) from the 2015 draft are having point-per-game seasons or better. List does not include Matt Barzal, Brock Boeser or Timo Meier, who are all close behind. For reference; there are only seven current point-per-game players from the 2012, 2013, and 2014 drafts combined (Morgan Rielly, Nathan Mackinnon, Sean Monahan, Max Domi, Leon Draisatl, David Pastrnak, Brayden Point)
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by: MisterZ , MisterZ
(2018-11-28, 01:49 PM)bchippie Wrote: Seven players (McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Rantanen, Aho, Connor, Chabot) from the 2015 draft are having point-per-game seasons or better. List does not include Matt Barzal, Brock Boeser or Timo Meier, who are all close behind. For reference; there are only seven current point-per-game players from the 2012, 2013, and 2014 drafts combined (Morgan Rielly, Nathan Mackinnon, Sean Monahan, Max Domi, Leon Draisatl, David Pastrnak, Brayden Point)

Truly incredible, those are some great players so far. You also forgot Colin White who's tied for 2nd in rookie scoring this year, he was also drafted in the first round that year.
Thanks given by:
With Marchand, Bergeron and Pastarnak still in their prime with good contracts Boston would have been a force for years to come if they only didn't screw things ups.
This is who they picked.
13 Jakub Zboril (D)
14 Jake DeBrusk (LW
15 Zachary Senyshyn (RW)

They could have have Barzal, Boeser, Chabot, White or others. That was some major league phawk up.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by:
And I'm very very happy about it.
Thanks given by:
I looked it up just to make sure, Chiapet wasn't the GM for that draft, so they can't even blame him hahah
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by: