Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Grey Cup Playoffs
The first 57 minutes of a CFL game are meaningless because of the weird timing rules that often lead to 2 dozen possession changes in the last 3 minutes of the game.  

This is what I hate most about the league and one of the many reasons the games are unwatchable.
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-19, 06:47 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Well, in the NFL, it would be over at 2:00 left

What a strange post.

The most the Riders were down by in this game was 15... with almost the entire 4th quarter left. When they caught up and moved ahead of the Argos, Toronto had almost three minutes with a deficit of 3. 

There have been plenty of 4th quarter, two possession comebacks in the NFL, and there are probably weekly comebacks of a team trailing in the final two minutes to come back and win.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-19, 06:47 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Well, in the NFL, it would be over at 2:00 left

I guess someone missed the Saints / Skins or the KC / NYG games today...

Or 1 or 2 games in every week of the NFL this season. 

The 2 leagues are not even close... 

It's like comparing the NBA to the WNBA...

The CFL is what it is, I dig it as well at times, but it does not hold a candle to the NFL.
x6
Thanks given by:
I can't believe they went for that field goal - interesting coaching decision.

Big 2nd down play coming up here.
Thanks given by:
I think the announcers got that right, I think Mass thought it was a 6 point game not a 7 point game.
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-19, 07:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I can't believe they went for that field goal - interesting coaching decision.

Big 2nd down play coming up here.

Todd McLellan might not be the only coach in Edmonton getting fired very soon.   Laugh
Thanks given by:
Why did the Eskimos coach decide to kick a FG when they were down 7 with a minute and a half left? Seems like an awfully strange decision, as they were gonna need a TD anyway. The commentators suggested that maybe the coach thought it was a 6 point game. If so, it's pretty absurd that a professional head coach doesn't know the score of his own game.

And the Eskimos just fumbled the ball on the punt return. Looks like Calgary's gonna win.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Maas is an idiot.

Fire his ass!
Thanks given by: