Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018-2019 Raptors Season
Raps beat the Cavs in their season opener 116-104

Leonard with a double double in his Toronto debut, 24 points and 13 rebounds.

Lowry with 27 points and 8 assists, Siakam and Van Vleet were awesome as well. I still think its a bit off that they let a Cleveland team without Lebron score 100+ on them.

Only game one though
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Leonard is an awesome player, but I'm really skeptical whether he's going to stay. In any case, I'll enjoy watching this guy. I would consider anything less than an NBA finals appearance a failure for the Raps this season. Now that Lebron is gone there are no excuses. But, watch out for the Celtics.
Thanks given by:
Big win against Boston.

Leonard will be rested for tonight's game against Washington.
Thanks given by:
Really strong game from Kawhi.

Toronto's wing depth is unreal this year. Maybe only matched by Boston.
Thanks given by:
Danny Green! Holy cow!

Kawhi who?
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
Has a 4-0 start tempered anyone's expectations?
Thanks given by:
It's early so expectations should be tempered. Four games is hardly enough to change someone's expectations on a season. The Celtics had a 16 game winning streak last year and then looked absolutely terrible the next couple of months. However the Raptors do look really good. Their depth is strong and Kawhi is playing at a very high level, impacting the game on both ends.

It's promising that Toronto has seemingly gelled so well and so early, but this is the time when other teams are still learning how to play together. Take the Celtics game for example. That's a team that barely beat the Knicks and just lost to the Magic on home court. They went on a deep playoff run and are now learning how to incorporate Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward back into the starting lineup. That game is probably not a good indication as to how good Boston will be in the spring.

Anyway, Toronto looks good and Raptors fans should be excited. They've never had a player as good as Kawhi and the team around him is strong.
Thanks given by:
I know its only 4 games in...but SI has them at the top of their power rankings...so...good start. Happy
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-23, 10:04 AM)encore Wrote: It's early so expectations should be tempered. Four games is hardly enough to change someone's expectations on a season. The Celtics had a 16 game winning streak last year and then looked absolutely terrible the next couple of months. However the Raptors do look really good. Their depth is strong and Kawhi is playing at a very high level, impacting the game on both ends.

It's promising that Toronto has seemingly gelled so well and so early, but this is the time when other teams are still learning how to play together. Take the Celtics game for example. That's a team that barely beat the Knicks and just lost to the Magic on home court. They went on a deep playoff run and are now learning how to incorporate Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward back into the starting lineup. That game is probably not a good indication as to how good Boston will be in the spring.

Anyway, Toronto looks good and Raptors fans should be excited. They've never had a player as good as Kawhi and the team around him is strong.

Don't fight it, you know you love it!

GO RAPTORS
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-24, 10:48 AM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-10-23, 10:04 AM)encore Wrote: It's early so expectations should be tempered. Four games is hardly enough to change someone's expectations on a season. The Celtics had a 16 game winning streak last year and then looked absolutely terrible the next couple of months. However the Raptors do look really good. Their depth is strong and Kawhi is playing at a very high level, impacting the game on both ends.

Don't fight it, you know you love it!

GO RAPTORS

If I was Raptors fan I would!

I'm a Celtics fan, so if anything I'm actually a little worried that Toronto may actually be a real player in the East lol
Thanks given by:
It's okay, join us!

It's never too late to change your life!
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-24, 01:26 PM)Unreal Wrote: It's okay, join us!

We need a couple of forum bets. Next time Toronto plays Boston, if they win Encore should change his profile pic to a Raps logo for a month. I'll change mine to a Celtics one if we lose lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-24, 01:33 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-10-24, 01:26 PM)Unreal Wrote: It's okay, join us!

We need a couple of forum bets. Next time Toronto plays Boston, if they win Encore should change his profile pic to a Raps logo for a month. I'll change mine to a Celtics one if we lose lol

I'm down Happy
Thanks given by:
Raptors beat the T-wolves 112-105. Leonard with 35 points.

I'm loving the 5-0 record but they've given up 100+ points each game. Itd early on but they have to tighten up. Ibaka looked good on paper but was awful with the eye test imo
Thanks given by: FormalWare
(2018-10-24, 11:36 PM)bicboi Wrote: Raptors beat the T-wolves 112-105. Leonard with 35 points.

I'm loving the 5-0 record but they've given up 100+ points each game. Itd early on but they have to tighten up. Ibaka looked good on paper but was awful with the eye test imo

If you hadn't noticed everyone is giving up lots of points this season. Rule changes like the clock reset to 14 seconds means teams are shooting more often. Raptors D is probably top 2 or 3 in the whole league with the additions of Leonard and Green.
Thanks given by:
Big match-up tonight as the 6-0 Raps take on the 6-0 Bucks - first time in NBA history two teams with 6-0 records or better match-up.

Unfortunately no Giannis Antetokounmpo (concussion) or Kawhi Leonard (resting the first game of B2B).
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-27, 11:19 AM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-10-24, 11:36 PM)bicboi Wrote: Raptors beat the T-wolves 112-105. Leonard with 35 points.

If you hadn't noticed everyone is giving up lots of points this season. Rule changes like the clock reset to 14 seconds means teams are shooting more often.   Raptors D is probably top 2 or 3 in the whole league with the additions of Leonard and Green.

That's true. The Raptors are 7th best in the NBA in opponents points allowed. Even so, I'd love to see them get to the Celtics (#1) level - they're the only team in the NBA allowing fewer than 100 per game (96.3).
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-29, 01:27 PM)Unreal Wrote:

If you hadn't noticed everyone is giving up lots of points this season. Rule changes like the clock reset to 14 seconds means teams are shooting more often.   Raptors D is probably top 2 or 3 in the whole league with the additions of Leonard and Green.

That's true. The Raptors are 7th best in the NBA in opponents points allowed. Even so, I'd love to see them get to the Celtics (#1) level - they're the only team in the NBA allowing fewer than 100 per game (96.3).

You both a re right, I'm going to pay attention to league scores a bit more. Can't wait to see how their D is at the 10-15 game mark
Thanks given by:
Should be a fun one vs the Bucks tonight.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-29, 01:27 PM)Unreal Wrote:

The Raptors D is better than the stats show. Every game they are playing 10 guys which will cause their stats to "drop". Their top 5 is killing it on D right now.
Thanks given by: