Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018-2019 Raptors Season
No Leonard against an elite team on the road - perfect season is over.
Thanks given by:
I'm surprised the Raps handled the Sixers as easily as they did. Philly should be a team to watch, this season.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
I don't think Philly is as good as they were at the end of last year. Not big on depth after their top 2.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-01, 06:12 PM)Chris D Wrote: I don't think Philly is as good as they were at the end of last year.  Not big on depth after their top 2.

Perhaps you're right. I was thinking Ben Simmons would be taking a big stride forward after his amazing rookie year. But he sure wasn't amazing in that game.
---
Thanks given by:
After an underwhelming first half, the Raps dialed it up to 10 and have had a lot of fun with Phoenix.
---
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-02, 11:17 PM)FormalWare Wrote: After an underwhelming first half, the Raps dialed it up to 10 and have had a lot of fun with Phoenix.

In particular, the number of perfect bounce passes through the legs of Suns defenders is quite amusing.
---
Thanks given by:
Phoenix put up a spirited fight. Outclassed, but made a game of it.
---
Thanks given by:
Raptors were disinterested. When they turned up the intensity they dominated. I am sure they were all focused on Sunday's game with LeBron.
Thanks given by: FormalWare
Phoenix were made to look good, only because of how bad the Raps were shooting. Raps were getting good clean looks, but particularly in the first half, nothing was dropping. It wasn't any good defensive play by the Suns that had them leading at the half. Raps were just bad...yet still only trailed by 4...allowing them to take over in the 3rd when shots finally started falling.

Ugly win. But a win.
Thanks given by:
Raps currently up 41-10 in the first quarter - I’ve never seen such a lead in Q1 (that I can think of).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Leonard wasn't even playing lol. Siakam and Ibaka had monster games!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Career high 34 for Ibaka. He had 20 in the 1st lol. Grabbed 10 boards for the double double. Ibaka was on fire, shot 15 for 17,

Lowry had 9 assists in the first 8 minutes, ended up with 15 dimes and 21 points. Might've ended up with the triple double had it been a closer game.

Siakim with 16 pts 13 boards in a game high 35 minutes.

Jonas had 14 and 8 in 17 minutes, Green added 15 points too.

A lot of stuff clicking tonight for some. Powell, Miles, and VanVleet were awful though. 0 for 14 with 6 turnovers and only 4 assists between the 3 of them.
Thanks given by:
Lakers lost the game in the first 8 or 9 minutes. After that, they gave as good as they got. If Bron had a team around him....

Not to take anything away from the exceptional performances of Lowry and Ibaka. No Leonard? No problem!
---
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 01:08 AM)FormalWare Wrote: Lakers lost the game in the first 8 or 9 minutes. After that, they gave as good as they got. If Bron had a team around him....

Its interesting to note that, during the game last night as well as cumulative for the season, the Lakers are winning the minutes when James is on the bench but losing the minutes when he's on the floor - interesting indeed.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by: FormalWare , FormalWare
LeBron is one of the best players ever, but the Lakers did an awful job building a team around him. Looking through LeBron's entire career, it's obvious that he works best with 3 and D guys. So what do the Lakers do? Surround him with players who can't shoot the basketball of course!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-05, 07:16 AM)Pouzar Wrote:

This is really eye-opening. Thanks, Pouz.

I am awestruck when LeBron is on the floor. I tend to remember only the incredible shots he makes - probably only 3 or 4, in last night's game - and not the rest of the time, when it's not necessarily going his way.
---
Thanks given by:
Loved watching LeBron get slapped around. Then if course is puts on his normal cry like a bitch display when he gets a foul called on him.

Also noticed how quick LeBron took off down the tunnel before the final whistle even blew. Normally guys stick around...congratulate the other team, a few handshakes. LeBron didn't even wait for his own team.

The Lakers 4th quarter, when the game was already decided, made the game look closer than it was. They had a 15-3 run, while raps were using their bench guys. 20 pt lead going into the quarter, they eased up. Raps toyed with them all night. LeBron had nothing.

That was fun.
Thanks given by:
another easy victory tonight...this time against the Jazz.

after a tight first quarter...D turned it up the next 2, and Raps are cruising to a comfortable victory.
Thanks given by:
Pascal Siakam is a revelation. With him taking such a huge stride forward, and most everyone else performing to expectations, this team is a force to be reckoned with.
---
Thanks given by: