Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018-2019 Raptors Season
I just watched it. What a heartbreaker! Lowry did everything he could.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
How many games will Ibaka get?
Thanks given by:
I think he'll get 3 based on his history. Guy has a history of throwing punches and getting into scuffles
Thanks given by:
3 it is! Good call!

He'll miss at home against the Lakers, on the road against the Pistons, and at home against the Knicks, unless he appeals.
Thanks given by:
The Gasol-Valanciunas trade is not looking very good for Toronto right now.

Jonas had a hude night last night with 34 points and 20 rebounds, but he's been stellar ever since the trade. 20.6 points, 10.9 rebounds, a career high in blocks and 55% from the field.

Alternatively, Gasol has not been used as much and has 9.2 points, 6.5 rebounds and 46% from the field. Obviously Gasol also brings defence, but right now it looks like Memphis won this trade.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-31, 07:47 AM)encore Wrote: The Gasol-Valanciunas trade is not looking very good for Toronto right now.

Jonas had a hude night last night with 34 points and 20 rebounds, but he's been stellar ever since the trade. 20.6 points, 10.9 rebounds, a career high in blocks and 55% from the field.

Alternatively, Gasol has not been used as much and has 9.2 points, 6.5 rebounds and 46% from the field. Obviously Gasol also brings defence, but right now it looks like Memphis won this trade.

It never seemed like a great trade.

Valanciunas was having a great season - they just didn't use him very often. Him and Ibaka provided a lot of versatility.

Wright is playing well too.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-31, 07:47 AM)encore Wrote: The Gasol-Valanciunas trade is not looking very good for Toronto right now.

That trade was not needed. They should have kept JV and packaged Wright , Miles and Anunoby to get a real 3 point shooter and scorer ( Not Lin!) to come off the bench.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-01, 11:56 AM)duediligence Wrote:

That trade was not needed. They should have kept JV and packaged Wright , Miles and Anunoby to get a real 3 point shooter and scorer ( Not Lin!) to come off the bench.

I think we are starting to see what Gasol brings to the starting 5 man unit. He is a master distributor and that was needed because Lowry needs to be fed open looks......and that is happening now.

JV was my favourite Raptor.....good rebounder and great at going to the bucket. But his Defense is not as good as Gasol, nor is his passing and outside shooting. I don’t think the Gasol trade was the upgrade the team needed, but we look like a team that is ready for a playoff run......if healthy(fingers crossed).
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-04, 10:33 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote:

I think we are starting to see what Gasol brings to the starting 5 man unit. He is a master distributor and that was needed because Lowry needs to be fed open looks......and that is happening now.

JV was my favourite Raptor.....good rebounder and great at going to the bucket. But his Defense is not as good as Gasol, nor is his passing and outside shooting. I don’t think the Gasol trade was the upgrade the team needed, but we look like a team that is ready for a playoff run......if healthy(fingers crossed).
Sorry to disagree but Gasol is not a big enough upgrade on JV. JV is a better rebounder than Gasol and brought a strong physical presence; both things the Raps sorry lack right now. As well JV was fine coming off the bench, something Ibaka is not thriving in. But once again the most important point is that Toronto doesn't have a bonafide scorer coming in off the bench; a guy who could score 25 pts. on any night against anybody. They could have bundled Miles, Wright and Anunoby to get a guy like that and because they don't they won't beat Milwaukee.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 08:29 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 10:33 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote:

Sorry to disagree but Gasol is not a big enough upgrade on JV. JV is a better rebounder than Gasol and brought a strong physical presence; both things the Raps sorry lack right now. As well JV was fine coming off the bench, something Ibaka is not thriving in. But once again the most important point is that Toronto doesn't have a bonafide scorer coming in off the bench; a guy who could score 25 pts. on any night against anybody.  They could have bundled Miles, Wright and Anunoby  to get a guy like that and because they don't they won't beat Milwaukee.

You are not disagreeing with me. I clearly stated that the team needed an upgrade somewhere else other than JV for Gasol. 

But Raptors not physical??? They are beasts on D—-perhaps the best defensive team in the NBA.

Also disagree with you on Ibaka who is playing great now after a short adjustment to coming off bench.

Would I have liked another shooter to play on second unit? Sure. But this is a pretty damn solid team if healthy.

PS....Anunoby will be a beast for them next year. Ujiri knows not to deal him.
Thanks given by: