Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NBA draft
Anyone follow this last night?

DeAndre Ayton taken 1st overall by the Suns

Canadian Shai Gilgeous-Alexander taken 11th overall by the Clippers. 

I was a bit surprised that Bamba fell to 6th and thhat Orlando took him given their current centres but they do need defensive help that Bamba can provide. Dude has the biggest arms in the league right now!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I think Ayton will be solid, but maybe a little underwhelming for a 1A pick.

Doncic has the potential to be the best player from this draft and I’m really excited to watch him on Dallas next year.

Mo Bamba has some serious boom/bust potential.

I think Sexton was a real winner of a pick for Cleveland. Could be a better version of Bledsoe and help to make the post-Lebron (if he goes) transition easier.

Michael Porter really fell, but you can’t mess around with back injuries. Hope for the best but he’s got a long road ahead of him.

Really pleased with the Celtics addition of Rob Williams. He’s a big athletic centre who plays above the rim on both ends. We lacked a defensive presence like him last year.

I think the Raptors really wanted to move into the top ten but I’m guessing had a hard time making a trade. Their big three are going to be really difficult to trade.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 02:09 PM)encore Wrote: Doncic has the potential to be the best player from this draft and I’m really excited to watch him on Dallas next year.

ditto
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 02:09 PM)encore Wrote: I think Ayton will be solid, but maybe a little underwhelming for a 1A pick.

Doncic has the potential to be the best player from this draft and I’m really excited to watch him on Dallas next year.

I think Sexton was a real winner of a pick for Cleveland. Could be a better version of Bledsoe and help to make the post-Lebron (if he goes) transition easier.

Michael Porter really fell, but you can’t mess around with back injuries. Hope for the best but he’s got a long road ahead of him.

Really pleased with the Celtics addition of Rob Williams. He’s a big athletic centre who plays above the rim on both ends. We lacked a defensive presence like him last year.

I think the Raptors really wanted to move into the top ten but I’m guessing had a hard time making a trade. Their big three are going to be really difficult to trade.

I wonder how good he'd be with LeBron?

Is he a factor in whether James decides to stay or not?
Thanks given by:
Doncic is gonna be the best player in the draft. What a steal for the Mavs. Doncic DOMINATED the Euro League as a 19 year old. He's like Ben Simmons who can shoot.

There's a reason why teams like the Suns and Kings and Hawks continues to be bad. A few years from now we'd be talkin about them passing up on Doncic.

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-22, 02:21 PM)It’s Unreal Wrote:
(2018-06-22, 02:09 PM)encore Wrote: I think Ayton will be solid, but maybe a little underwhelming for a 1A pick.

I wonder how good he'd be with LeBron?

Is he a factor in whether James decides to stay or not?

Doubt it. 

I think he goes to LAL. Out of the rumoured destinations it makes the most sense, along with Cleveland. Houston and Philly are disasters waiting to happen.
Thanks given by:
Does he have any real shot of winning in LA?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-25, 10:48 AM)Unreal Wrote: Does he have any real shot of winning in LA?

If they surround him with good shooters then yes, but as it stands no. The Lakers were the second worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA last year and LeBron works best with guys who are typically just spot up shooters. Paul George is a great jump shooter, so if the Lakers could manage getting him under contract I think they could be a real threat in the West.
Thanks given by: