Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Open Championship
Congratulations to "the champion golfer of the year" , Francesco Molinari. Well done with Tiger staring him down every step of the way.
Thanks given by: ckendall
Great tournament to watch. Nice to see Molinari break through for a major.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
Molinari has been something else lately the last 3 tournaments. Best stretch I've seen someone have for awile.
Thanks given by:
Tiger being back is great for golf. Big for Molinari winning this against Tiger. I know it is a Major but winning it with him contending vs not contending could have a big impact for Molinari, be it in just sponsors wanting him at tournaments, endorsements, whatever, should be very positive for him. TV ratings way up, highest since 2000 I read.
Thanks given by:
Nice to see they finally put the American PGA for next year in May, making the major schedule:

April - The Masters
May - The American PGA
June - The U.S. Open
July - The Open Championship

It's a great move that I think will put the lustre back on the Wanamaker, and fill in the "empty" month of May without negatively affecting any of the other majors.
Thanks given by:
Also known as the PGA Championship
Thanks given by:
I see ol' Robbie Garrigus is burning it up at the Canadian Open.

(what a great name)
Thanks given by:
4 way tie going into the final round, including Dustin Johnson (Gretzky's son in law).

Top Canadian is Mackenzie Hughes, currently T13, 6 shots back.
Thanks given by:
Johnson shoots a final round 66 to end up at 23 under for a 3 stoke victory over 2 Koreans (Whee Kim, and Byeong Hun An) for his 3rd victory of the season, and 19th of his career. First golfer since Tiger Woods to win at least 3 tournaments, 3 consecutive years. Johnson had previously been a runner up twice in the Canadian Open.

Keegan Bradley must be thinking what could've been. Finished 4th, 4 shots back despite shooting a 73 yesterday.

Top Canadian was Mackenzie Hughes, who ended up 8 shots back in a Tie for 8th.
Thanks given by:
Tiger with a bogey to drop 2 back.

Golf is better with Tiger in contention.
Thanks given by:
Tiger sticks a 165 year approach a couple feet away!
Thanks given by:
Tiger sinks the easy birdie put to get back to 1 back of the lead.

Proceeds to put his tee shot on the 246 yard par 3 about 15 or so feet away - birdie opportunity.
Thanks given by:
Tiger not able to bury the birdie - remains down by 1 shot heading to 17.
Thanks given by:
Kopeka with a birdie putting Tiger back 3.
Thanks given by:
https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/...ampionship
Thanks given by:
Oooops
Thanks given by:
For sure. I'm not big into golf, but my interest goes up 100 fold with Tiger involved.
(2018-08-12, 04:43 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Tiger with a bogey to drop 2 back.

Golf is better with Tiger in contention.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Probably makes more sense to have a continuous golf thread but was quite humorous having someone start another thread knowing one person was talking about it in the other thread.

Koepka is quite the pressure golfer. Has won 4 times on the PGA, 3 times being Majors. This is make for a great Fedex Cup this year with all the story lines.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-12, 07:15 PM)tm123 Wrote: Probably makes more sense to have a continuous golf thread but was quite humorous having someone start another thread knowing one person was talking about it in the other thread.

I was trying to pull us together...sheesh, what the heck is wrong with that??

Lighten up, dude. Plain
Thanks given by:
But yeah, maybe at least a Majors thread for next year.

Note to self..
Thanks given by: