Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Open Championship
Not going to start a new thread on it but it sure is fun to watch Tiger Woods in contention and, today, the victory was never really in doubt after the birdie on 1.

Welcome back Tiger!

Atta boy!
Thanks given by:
Wow...Woods also finishes ONE stroke away, from winning the FedEx cup (and the 10 mill that goes with it).

It took a birdie on 18 for Rose to win it.

That Woods was so close to winning that, may be even more impressive than his first win in 5 years. It shows some consistency in his golfing, that he has been competitive all year.
Thanks given by:
14 months ago or so he was ranked almost 1300th in the world.....
Thanks given by:
I really enjoyed watching Tiger win again. I hope he wins some more - and majors at that.

Sam Snead holds the record for the most ever career wins at 82, I'm thinking Tiger will beat that record too. (Tiger has 80 now).

As for the record for the most major championships - that belongs to Jack Nicklaus at 18 and I doubt that will be beaten by anyone. (Tiger has 14).
Thanks given by:
Golf is a better spectator sport when Tiger is Tiger.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-24, 06:26 AM)Viable Wrote: I really enjoyed watching Tiger win again. I hope he wins some more - and majors at that.

Sam Snead holds the record for the most ever career wins at 82, I'm thinking Tiger will beat that record too. (Tiger has 80 now).

As for the record for the most major championships - that belongs to Jack Nicklaus at 18 and I doubt that will be beaten by anyone. (Tiger has 14).

Jack's will never be beaten because Golf will never be like that again. During those days Jack had maybe 10 capable pro's that had the ability to win each week. Tiger had 50+ each week...Tiger was head and shoulders above 100s of golfers and 100s more chomping at the bit to make it. There will never be another Tiger, in my opinion he is the greatest golfer of all time.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-24, 08:16 AM)Chip Wrote:
(2018-09-24, 06:26 AM)Viable Wrote: I really enjoyed watching Tiger win again. I hope he wins some more - and majors at that.

Jack's will never be beaten because Golf will never be like that again. During those days Jack had maybe 10 capable pro's that had the ability to win each week. Tiger had 50+ each week...Tiger was head and shoulders above 100s of golfers and 100s more chomping at the bit to make it. There will never be another Tiger, in my opinion he is the greatest golfer of all time.

I'm a big Tiger and Jack supporter, but I believe the greatest golfer of all time was Bobby Jones. There are lots of videos on youtube and elsewhere that show his awesome swing and talents. Take a look at them.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-25, 07:28 AM)Viable Wrote:
(2018-09-24, 08:16 AM)Chip Wrote:

I'm a big Tiger and Jack supporter, but I believe the greatest golfer of all time was Bobby Jones. There are lots of videos on youtube and elsewhere that show his awesome swing and talents. Take a look at them.

No doubt he could play, but just like Jack, he didn't have hundreds even thousands training every single day to beat him. Tiger did.

Tiger took golf to where it will never be again.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by: