Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Winter Olympics
These start on Friday.

I love the Olympics (summer more than winter mind you) and am excited.

No NHL takes a shine off a bit but I’ll still be watching the hockey with interest.

I believe many of the Canadian hockey games are scheduled for 5am mountain which actually works great for me as it’s exactly when I get home from the gym and I have 90 minutes or so of quiet time before the wife gets up.

I don’t know which sports Canada looks to have medal contenders in but will get up to speed on real time.

Go Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Speed skating is what I'm looking forward to the most, but with the time difference I'm not really sure how much I'll actually be watching.

Short-track or long-track, both are exciting for their own reasons. Canada almost always has medal contenders in those races too. I know Charles Hamelin and Melanie St Gelais are back and will likely be possible Gold medalists in the short track. I'm not as familiar with our long track competitors, but I think I read Denny Morrison is back which is a good sign. I'm of Dutch heritage, so it's always nice to see them do so well in the long-track speed skating too.
Thanks given by:
Yes, good call - I remember watching quite a bit of speedskating back in 2014.
Thanks given by:
Speed skating and Snow boarding are my favorites.

I hope Olivier Jean medals in short track speed skating. He was a beast at the relay last Olympics.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Mike Kingsbury for mogul ski event should medal.

Mark McMorris won gold in a snowboarding event at Sochi, he has the experience and now it's time to bring home something better! He's a beast at the x games every year and he's only 23!

Can't wait!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Winter Olympics are my favourite. I especially love some of the recent additions like slopestyle (where we dominated in Sochi) and ski cross/snowboard cross.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
[Image: j7EmqiL.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: aZlKsyqh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
CBC's coverage starts at 5:30am EST tomorrow morning. Opening Ceremonies start at 6am I believe.
Thanks given by:
4am - will be on the TV at the gym. Gotta stay focussed on the task at hand though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
that's a really small venue for the opening ceremonies.
Thanks given by:
Loved the Team Bermuda outfits!
Thanks given by:
really a low key ceremony, as opposed to the larger ones we have seen in the past.
Thanks given by:
looks like there was a production gaffe...

there was a flash of a ceremony in athens..assuming it show the lighting of the torch, and then lead its way to the torch being in the arena...but instead CBC went to break.
Thanks given by:
[Image: AS316wyl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Without looking it up, what are the 3 possible gold medals for Curling? mens, womens and...? I can't think of anything. There isn't a mixed is there?
Thanks given by:
There is a mixed.

I didn't know that until yesterday. (They started already) But there is indeed mixed
Thanks given by:
Thats new, right?
Thanks given by:
bobsleigh only has 3? Mens 4, Mens 2 and.. womens 2? No women's 4? or vice-versa?

haha.. this is a silly convo, but I'm loving that chart right now
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-09, 05:33 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Thats new, right?
It is new..I never watch curling unless its the Olympics..and when I do I act like its hockey.."you suck Sweden"
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by: