Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Winter Olympics
Great to see Girard hang on for gold. Definitely wasn't expecting that. Only five skaters in the final to begin with and then the Hungarian took out both South Koreans.

And Homan came back with a vengeance in a 10-3 win over the US.
Courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow"
Thanks given by:
Is Norway always this good? They just keep getting more medals!
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:07 PM)lewis94 Wrote: And Homan came back with a vengeance in a 10-3 win over the US.

Too little too late.
Thanks given by:
Gotta give props to Brian Orser. He may be the best figure skating coach in the world right now.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 11:36 AM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:07 AM)Chris D Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:24 AM)thebest41587 Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 11:45 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Kudos to Chan on an amazing career!

Disappointing career. So much talent, no mental game, time and time again.

His career is more than the Olympics...and even there he did get a silver last time.  Three world championships to go with that.  He is one of the more successful Canadian skaters in history.

It's not a "time and time again" disappointment

And gold this year with the team. You could say rest of team carried him, but he did his part and was part of the team.

You could say that, but it doesn't seem accurate. He had 18 points out of 20. The 8 he got on the short program was only bettered by Israel, who didn't qualify for the free skate, and Japan, who otherwise was a complete non-factor.
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to the slopestyle finals tonight but 9:15 (mountain) is getting pretty late for me....
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:48 PM)Chris D Wrote: Is Norway always this good?  They just keep getting more medals!

yes

http://time.com/5097770/countries-with-m...ic-medals/
Thanks given by:
Bronze medal for Boutin in the 1500m.

Ya: I may have watched that on tape delay - like hours and hours of tape delay.
Thanks given by:
Koe loses again.

hope he can get back on track.
Thanks given by:
Canadian curling teams going in opposite directions again lol
Koe started 4-0 and now 4-2
Homan started 0-3 and now 2-3
Thanks given by:
Bronze for Canada in men's ski slopestyle!
Thanks given by:
(11 hours ago)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Bronze for Canada in men's ski slopestyle!

That was fun to watch even though it kept me up to a perverse time of almost 11pm.

I'm not sure that I really like the format where they simply take the best of the 3 runs. I understand that it probably doesn't make sense to average all 3 runs (as one fall will have too large of an impact that it will stifle creativity and they will play it safe) but maybe take the top 2 out of the 3 runs?
Thanks given by:
Norway continues to surge ahead...ahead of Canada by 10 medals now!
Thanks given by:
I just read that a Russian curler failed his drug test and is suspected to have been doping.

Really, doping in curling? What would one even need to?
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)Widowmaker Wrote: I just read that a Russian curler failed his drug test and is suspected to have been doping.

Really, doping in curling? What would one even need to?
Apparently for stamina...that sweeping must take a lot of energy...bet they thought they wouldn't get caught..after all like you said..curling??
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
Norway 26 medals  US 10..I know its probably not nice but yea!!
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by: