Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Winter Olympics
Good closing ceremony, liked it better than opening haha

Overall very successful Olympics for Canada, other than the stolen car incident, went smoothly. Hopefully can get hockey and curling gold next Olympics!!
Thanks given by:
Olympic withdrawals are going to suck.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
It amazes me how fast the Olympics zoom by for me now. The first Olympics I can really remember getting into was Calgary and it felt like it lasted forever to me back then. Now it’s over before I know it. Just another way getting older sucks.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
Yup. By far the least amount of Olympic coverage I've watched since I can remember. I used to take afternoons off work just to watch stuff lol. Time just flies by now it seems.
Thanks given by:
Yeah woke up this morning to see what's on and just remembered nothing was on lol

Bad habit last 2 weeks expecting to see Olympic coverage haha
Thanks given by:
After winning bronze at the Olympics, Kaetlyn Osmond won gold at the world championships in women’s figure skating. The first Canadian gold in like 43 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Chris D
(2018-03-23, 06:20 PM)Pouzar Wrote: After winning bronze at the Olympics, Kaetlyn Osmond won gold at the world championships in women’s figure skating.  The first Canadian gold in like 43 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As awesome as winning the world's is, it's the Olympics that people remember.  Osmond can win the next 3 world titles, and it will be forgotten if she does not win the next Olympics.   

Just as an example...Patrick Chan owned the sport for over 3 years, winning 3 world titles, 2 grand prix titles, 4 four continent titles...but people only remember the Olympics and that he "falls all over the place on the big stage"..."disappointing career" and such.
Thanks given by:
Canada has a long history of doing just that - in figure skating and short track speed-skating.
Thanks given by:
Worth noting, the Olympic champ wasn't in the field. Had a large margin of victory though, so who knows.

Great job by Osmond though. Especially considering she was 4th after the short program.

She won by 12.33 points. In Korea winning bronze, she was only 8.55 points out of gold.
Thanks given by:
Another win to note, Jennifer Jones went undefeated in the worlds to capture gold.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
Yup. Beat the Olympic champ too, and Jones was ranked #1 in the world heading into the match. Trials is a good money maker, but isn't good for results IMO. Bernard was not a force on tour when she won. Kleibrink and Middaugh were after thoughts on tour too when they fortunately only made the finals and didn't win.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by: