Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft Thread
(2019-02-20, 10:38 AM)beatcomber Wrote: Then who is playing the right side with Klefbom?  Petrovic?  Jones? If they offered their 1st, and 2nd along with Kapanen to take on Zaitsev's contract, I could see that being a counter I would send to them.  That is if the pro scouts said he could at least be a decent no4. RHD, on the 2nd pairing.  But I have read some pretty unflattering things about him.

Zaitsev = no tks lol.  

Yup it screws up the Rightey Lefty,  But that said it gives us a 23 year old ( July), Blazing fast 20 plus goals possibly 50 points RW who is under control as a RFA and if he would have played constant top 6 minutes could be close to 25 plus.
We do not have any legite top six wingers unless we put Nuge or Drai as one.  That leaves us 3 slots and by no means are any of the kids in the minors a sure thing for 1 spot, period.  This gives us a kid to add to the McD cluster now.  That is a good thing.

As for Larsson in all honesty he has been a 3/4 D man at best this year and barely last year ( He was terrible)  I like the guy for sure and yes it takes a Rightey out and unfortunately our Right depth is ? on the big team with a few dandies in the system. We could have a good one next year in the Rightey Perrson ( No clue on that one for sure)

I would take the risk for a forward with that pedigree and speed and that age for sure, and trade Larrson but that's just me. Everyone is saying we wont be good anyways until 3 years from now, by that time Larrson is gone probably as a UFA after 2 more years and Bouchard ®, Nurse (L), Klef (L), Will be a great top 3.  Jones (L), Laggeson ( L), Benning ®, Samaroukov ( L), Perrson ®, Bear ( R) will or should all be in the mix, plus looking at Russian and some College kid pick ups.

I just think if Toronto would even do that deal, you cant turn down a ready made 20 plus scorer with that kind of speed.  It has shown we cant score period beside 3 guys lol.  Kind of scary.

I would for sure ask if I was Gretzky, not saying he will.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-20, 11:33 AM)Oil4Evr Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 09:23 AM)himmelblau Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 09:11 AM)maclintock Wrote: beatcomberI would like to see the Oilers grab Brett Leason,  Luka Burzan, Nolan Foote, Mark Kastelic, Mads Sogard, Brett Kemp and maybe even take a flyer on a guy like Landon Langenbrunner.  

if they have atop 10 pick then I think I could be happy with just about any person picked.  Dach, Byram, Krebs, and Cozens are all some great WHLers that would be great to add.  If the team wants character draft guys from the WHL.

Burzan could be around early 3rd and would be a great pick.

Doubt we will take Byram with that 1st Beat,  we need forwards badly as we do have some solid young D prospects for sure,  But in that 1-7 where I am pretty sure we will be picking, I do think our picks would be like this ( The Red is really dropping on lots of scouts pages and I really think the Oil will pass on him , reports out he is not a team guy and tries to do it all on his own and is just out there in a zone to many games)
1) Hughes no brainer if we win
2) Kakko. Is solidly in 2 .  Has all the tools
3) Cozens. If anyone was to challenge #2 it is this beast and is heating up huge right now
4) Dach. Unreal hands and speed for a 6.4 , gifted C man
5) Krebs scouting him large unreal player
5) Zegras great C man climbing fast could be picked here for sure
7) 1 of sniper Boldy or C Turcotte. Or possiblybthecred if they take the chance, not sure they would 

I hope we get a top 3 draw for sure lol.   

But yes Brett Leason and Connor McMichael would be well worth trading our 2nd and a 3rd we get from a deadline trade hopefully to move up this year ( especially if we have 2 3rds) into the 1st if they go as projected by lots in that 22- 27ish.  

Foote, Hoglander, Bobby Brink and all the others u mentioned shoukd all be there if we are high in the 2nd and don’t move up.   

Just have to hit home runs with that 1st andfor sure the 2nd and be great to find a diamond with a couple other picks as well. 

Be interesting to see when the new GM comes in what his list is, could be drastically different for sure besides the top 4 or 5

you think any hesitation by the oil to draft the Finn if you were to end up at 2 after Paajarvi and Puljarvi?

My question would be 'who does the Finn play with now?' if it's an equally good player or close to then i's run away.

MAP and now JP are showing signs of being boyed by the player they played with and not the other way around.... I wouldnt make that mistake again and hopefully the oil won't as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be right.  But that said if the kid is sent back to Europe ( Finland) or the A and left to stew it out, no issues.  He is a way different player than both those guys and especially Jessie.  He is a very hard nose that crashes the net with a great pass and hands, Goes hard into the corners as well, and is fast.  Jessie is not great in front or in the corners, never was.
Thanks given by:
By the way HH ,  Next Years 2020 draft is not the GUARANTEED LAFRENNIERE DRAFT,   Anymore

A lot of scouts are liking Gigantic 6.4/214lb , (freaking scary size for a 16 year old). Quinton Byfield 

As a scout told me last night from the OHL, “ I have never seen a kid that big at 16 that skates that well”  said this kid can completely take over a game.  Has all the tools comparisons Eric Lindros/ Austin Matthews. OUCH 

Next years draft is projecting already to have. 7 or 8 absolute studs. Raymond , Holtz both out of Sweden, Dylan Holloway Okotoks, Lundell  Finland, are some of the kids to watch.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 07:42 AM)maclintock Wrote: By the way HH ,  Next Years 2020 draft is not the GUARANTEED LAFRENNIERE DRAFT,   Anymore

A lot of scouts are liking Gigantic 6.4/214lb , (freaking scary size for a 16 year old). Quinton Byfield 

As a scout told me last night from the OHL, “ I have never seen a kid that big at 16 that skates that well”  said this kid can completely take over a game.  Has all the tools comparisons Eric Lindros/ Austin Matthews. OUCH 

Next years draft is projecting already to have. 7 or 8 absolute studs. Raymond , Holtz both out of Sweden, Dylan Holloway Okotoks, Lundell  Finland, are some of the kids to watch.

His first OHL goal was pretty sweet.  And, from what little I have seen, he can skate well for a big kid.
Connor McDavid is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 07:42 AM)maclintock Wrote: By the way HH ,  Next Years 2020 draft is not the GUARANTEED LAFRENNIERE DRAFT,   Anymore

Excellent. We might as well get to know the class of 2020 early - we'll be talking a lot about them come next year. 

Is it too early to start a 2020 draft thread? Wink
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by: