Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 HHOF Candidates
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hayl...ame-class/

So Wickenheiser, Carbonneau, Zubov and Rutherford get in. 

Great to see Wickenheiser get in

A little shocked Mogilney or Alfreddson didnt get in. All in all it was a pretty thin year though.
Thanks given by:
Sergei Zubov? Really?
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Mats Sundin is very deserving. He has 500+ goals and 1300+ points. He is also the highest scoring Swede ever. It's not like being the lead scorer of some small hockey country like Belarus or something. Sweden is a hockey powerhouse, one of the Big Four. That's a big deal.
Thanks given by:
You didnt have to bring him up 13..

But I guess someone had to...someone always...ALWAYS...does.

Lowered bar, hall of good, blah blah blah..
Thanks given by:
H
(2019-06-26, 11:30 PM)MisterZ Wrote: Sergei Zubov? Really?

Very deserving

Guy Carbonneau on the other hand has no business in the Hall
"when the lights come on this whole place gets ugly"
Thanks given by: topgun , topgun , Candy_Line_up , Candy_Line_up
(2019-06-27, 05:26 AM)Bong13 Wrote:

Very deserving

Guy in the other hand has no business in the Hall

in your opinion.....
cfl
Thanks given by:
Why no Theo Fleury?

Why is he being black balled?
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
(2019-06-27, 02:01 PM)cflisthebest Wrote:

Very deserving

Guy in the other hand has no business in the Hall

in your opinion.....

Yes, we're all giving our opinions on this site.

What's your opinion on the Hall inductions?
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-27, 12:08 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: Mats Sundin is very deserving. He has 500+ goals and 1300+ points. He is also the highest scoring Swede ever. It's not like being the lead scorer of some small hockey country like Belarus or something. Sweden is a hockey powerhouse, one of the Big Four. That's a big deal.

Mats Sundin has never won a scoring title, has never won a major individual award(Hart/Lester B. Pearson/Art Ross), no Stanley Cup or Conference Title, he was never considered as one of the best players of his era. And his Leafs team was a perennial treadmill team.

Thanks given by:

Very deserving

You think so, Bong? Maybe I don't remember his career well.

I didnt realize he has the 2nd most points as a Russian dman. 2 cups too.

Good for him.
Thanks given by:
Sundin paved the way for Zubov. He's the Sundin of defencemen. Never considered the best. Never won a major award. Wasn't a prolific scorer, especially compared to his peers. Sort of came close to winning one, once, but not really. Was really good for a long enough time. Welcome to the Hall Sergei. At least he won the cup once.
Thanks given by:
Leaf hater!!!
Thanks given by:
Theo Fleury was ignored again and, since I'm a Flames homer, why wasn't Iggy up for nomination? I know its his first year of eligibility, but if there was ever a shoe-in (in my humble opinion), Iggy would be one of them.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: Ramtuf
Carbonneau is an interesting one for me.

Hard to fathom a forward who played right through the 80s and never had a 30 goal or 60pt season getting in the hall of fame.

But, 3x Selke and a couple of rings...I can see where they were coming from.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
(2019-06-27, 05:16 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Theo Fleury was ignored again and, since I'm a Flames homer, why wasn't Iggy up for nomination? I know its his first year of eligibility, but if there was ever a shoe-in (in my humble opinion), Iggy would be one of them.

Agree on Theo, he was more deserving than Guy IMO.

As for Iggy, his first year of eligibility is next year - 2020.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
(2019-06-27, 03:29 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:
(2019-06-27, 12:08 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: Mats Sundin is very deserving. He has 500+ goals and 1300+ points. He is also the highest scoring Swede ever. It's not like being the lead scorer of some small hockey country like Belarus or something. Sweden is a hockey powerhouse, one of the Big Four. That's a big deal.

Mats Sundin has never won a scoring title, has never won a major individual award(Hart/Lester B. Pearson/Art Ross), no Stanley Cup or Conference Title, he was never considered as one of the best players of his era. And his Leafs team was a perennial treadmill team.

He has the necessary stats for it. Leading a country that's huge in hockey in all-time NHL scoring is a huge deal. It would be a travesty if he wasn't a first ballot Hall-of-Famer and they made him wait for it. They got it right.
Thanks given by:
With guys like Mats Sundin and Guy Carbonneau being inducted, I guess I just have to reassess what I think a HoF player is.  Perhaps my standards are too high because I just don't find either of these players worthy.  Certainly not Sundin, anyway.
Thanks given by:
He was also the Captain of Sweden when they won Gold. They chose Mats as captain over Lidstrom and Forsberg, that's saying a lot. As fans we just look at what's shown to us through the media, but the players, coaches, and management know way more about who's great and who's not. No one batted an eye in Sweden when Mats got the C.
Thanks given by:
So will Dirk Graham & Jere Lehtonen be inducted now too seeing as how Carboneau's induction soils the HOF?
Thanks given by:
There are over 270 players in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Sundin is 28th in NHL career points.

Averaged over a point per game over his career and played right through the clutch n grab era.

You can argue with the Hall of Fame being too easy to get into, but to suggest he doesn't belong there is pretty stupid, IMO. There are far less deserving players in the Hall with him...and the anti Leaf crowd who continually reference him over dozens of others are showing their bias more than anything.
Thanks given by: Justaleafan , thebest41587 , thebest41587