Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 MLB Draft
Jays select RHP Alex Manoah 11th overall. Don't know much about him.

They went with another pitcher, Kendal Williams, in the 2nd round.

More info.
Thanks given by:
21 yr old out of college. seems like the hope, is that he will help them sooner than later...like 2-3 years, instead of 3-4.

Hopefully he turns out better than Deck McGuire did.

Williams as an 18 year old high schooler, has more time obviously.

both big guys at 6'6
Thanks given by:
I have my tickets for the Bobby Witt Jr hype train. Let's roll!
Thanks given by:
I read there is much to hype about him.

Personally, I like him over the top pick. As good as he sounds, I dont put as much stock in catchers, as I do in 5 tool SS's!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, he's supposedly the best SS prospect since ARod. In any other draft he is probably the consensus number 1. Adley Rutschman is really that good though.

Fangraphs probably summed it up best on the draft rankings. When listing the strengths for Rutchman and Witt they simple wrote "everything" lol.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
Jays draft Roy Halliday’s son Braden. 

“The Score”
Thanks given by:
Cool.

Jays love the "Next Generation" picks.

Even if they dont work out most of the time.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
He's already committed to college, so they probably won't sign him.
Thanks given by:
Ya he has already committed to Penn State so he won't be signing. He was picked in the 32nd round as a tribute to Doc.
Thanks given by:
Does him signing preclude him from going to Penn State?
Thanks given by:
Ya he tweeted that there was a mutual understanding between he and the Jays that he will honour his commitment to Penn State

https://twitter.com/BradenHalladay/statu...4452295682
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-05, 07:40 PM)Unreal Wrote: Does him signing preclude him from going to Penn State?

Yes. If he signs he is ineligible per NCAA rules. even hiring an agent would make him ineligible IIRC. The NCAA is dumb

I mean i guess he could still go but i doubt they are giving him a scholarship to not play baseball. Happy
Thanks given by: Unreal
Not that anyone else would care, but for just the second time ever a Kingston boy was drafted this year. Grin

https://www.thewhig.com/sports/local-spo...ego-padres
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: LordFerg13 , CaperLeaf
(2019-06-06, 07:49 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Not that anyone else would care, but for just the second time ever a Kingston boy was drafted this year.  Grin

Now that’s cool. Good luck to The KTown boy on his career. Who was he drafted by?

Nvr. Padres
Thanks given by:
Jays sign their first round pick...at slot, $4,547,500 deal.

their second pick, Kendall Williams, is the hard sign...committed to Vanderbilt....may have to go over slot to get him
Thanks given by:
so, they were able to sign Williams...had to go a little over slot (1.5 mil, slot is recommended 1.4 mil)

so...good news there!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-06, 07:49 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Not that anyone else would care, but for just the second time ever a Kingston boy was drafted this year.  Grin

I hope he makes it. Former Blue Jay, Andrew Case called it quits this year and has returned here to Saint John and is playing in the NB Senior league. It is hard to make a go of it with so much talent around.
Thanks given by:
Jays signed another second generation player...

not the son of a Hall of Famer...but former Jays Ken Huckabee. His son Kyle, is a pitcher, and was signed as an undrafted free agent.
Thanks given by:
Jays are currently in line for the 3rd overall pick next year. Can they get into the Top 2?!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-12, 10:45 PM)Unreal Wrote: Jays are currently in line for the 3rd overall pick next year. Can they get into the Top 2?!

I wouldn't bet against it lol.

If Giles and Stroman are traded that significantly weakens an already bad team. Heck, the way Sogard is playing he might even be attractive to a contender in need of depth. I think his salary is league minimum too.

Not gonna lie, at this point I'm pulling for a top 2-3 pick, even if it means a truly unwatchable rest-of-season.
Thanks given by: