Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Memorial Cup
Starts tonight in Halifax.

Prince Albert trailing Halifax 3-1 after 2.
Thanks given by:
If this score holds (and there is only a few minutes left), I think that's 10 straight loses for the WHL in the tournament.

Can wait to watch Guelph and Samorukov tomorrow - he just put up the most points in the OHL playoffs by a d-man since Ellis (and he's not even an offence first guy).
Thanks given by:
I assume you mean most points by a D man, but ya, watching prospects and prospective draft picks in this tourney is lots of fun.
Thanks given by:
Yes, of course, by a d-man - whoops.
Thanks given by:
WHL about to go bagel in the Memorial Cup yet again as they are down 5-2 to Guelph in the third. Assuming this holds, I think it may be 15 straight (may just be 14).

Sean Durzi continues to make plus offensive plays in transition.

Ratcliffe scored an absolutely sensational goal.

Suzuki has been very good tonight - couple of goals and an apple i think - real nice plays.
Thanks given by:
Funny enough, the final regular season CHL rankings had Rouyn-Noranda at #1 and Prince Albert at #2. PA is out and the Huskies are on the brink.

Halifax was ranked #8 and Guelph was not ranked at all.

As much as winning the Stanley Cup is a war of attrition, it could be argued that winning the Memorial Cup is even more grueling.
Thanks given by:
4 minutes left in the first tied at 0-0 Moose and Huskies
Thanks given by:
Asselin for the Herd PP marker, 1-0 Halifax end of 1
Thanks given by:
No love lost between these two teams who battled a couple weeks ago for the championship of the Q. (Royun won in 6)
Thanks given by:
Lavoie steps out of the penalty box with a beautiful goal, Halifax Happy 2-0
Thanks given by:
I'll be very curious to see where Lavoie goes in the first round.
Thanks given by:
Bibeau gets one back for the Huskies 2-1 Halifax
Thanks given by:
Tied game at 2.Teasdale for the Huskies
Thanks given by:
2-2
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-26, 07:28 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I'll be very curious to see where Lavoie goes in the first round.

From mid-term ranking of #13 he has slipped to #20 in the final ranking!
Thanks given by:
I wonder a) if he'll be there for the Habs at 15, and b) if MB will be interested
Thanks given by:
Does him being French make him him more desireable and cause the GM to maybe reach a bit for him or are those days behind us?
Thanks given by:
Those days are not behind us. Plain There are still the pressures of the cultural thing. Likely always will be.
Thanks given by:
That is not to say it's the driving force or anything, just that it's one of them.
Thanks given by:
Here is a complete list of players from NA or EU.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrow...&year=2019
Thanks given by: