Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Toronto Blue Jays regular season thread
8-7 now. Bases were loaded, 3-2 count, 2 out, and Maile left bat on shoulder called third strike. 2nd strike was out of the zone. Should’ve been a run walked in.
Hope is a necessary evil of being a fan. Otherwise, what are you cheering for? Only one team wins, what is it called for the other 30 that don’t if not hoping they win?
Thanks given by:
And there it goes. 11-7 top 9 with only 1 out
Hope is a necessary evil of being a fan. Otherwise, what are you cheering for? Only one team wins, what is it called for the other 30 that don’t if not hoping they win?
Thanks given by:
sigh
Thanks given by:
Rumour is Stroman is getting dealt. Nothing solid yet but San Diego is rumoured
Thanks given by:
Is there anything that can be done about the drunk assholes constantly yelling during the game at Rogers Centre? They make it far less enjoyable when I'm there watching a game, and now that the crowds are so small it's bugging me when I watch the game on TV too.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-14, 02:41 PM)Sportking Wrote: Rumour is Stroman is getting dealt. Nothing solid yet but San Diego is rumoured

That's been the rumour for a year or so I think. Have you heard anything new? Personally, I'd prefer the Jays try to extend Stroman instead.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 04:32 PM)shadylane Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 02:41 PM)Sportking Wrote: Rumour is Stroman is getting dealt. Nothing solid yet but San Diego is rumoured

That's been the rumour for a year or so I think. Have you heard anything new? Personally, I'd prefer the Jays try to extend Stroman instead.

Same here. It was an unsubstantiated rumor on Twitter and apparently there was commenting that a deal was close due to Stromans mood during his last start as if he had been told he was traded.Turns out he had the flu so it was probably all BS
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 10:27 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 04:32 PM)shadylane Wrote:

Same here. It was an unsubstantiated rumor on Twitter and apparently there was commenting that a deal was close due to Stromans mood during his last start as if he had been told he was traded.Turns out he had the flu so it was probably all BS

If he had already been told that he had been traded...he wouldn't have been in the game.
Thanks given by:
Only took 18 games, but finally won 2 in a row. Teoscar with game winning RBIs both games. Seems to be coming around at the plate. On defence too, he made a great throw to Galvis, who in turn made a great relay to the plate to gun down the tying run at the plate in the bottom of the 9th. Teoscar’s 2nd outfield assist of the game.
Thanks given by:
Galvis made one hell of a catch today.  What a signing he's been so far.

Thanks given by:
Galvis has been the best Jay early on.

Jay's thumped the A's today. After their really bad like 3-11 start, they have actually been playing well. Only 2 games under .500 now
Thanks given by:
First sweep of the A’s in Oakland since ‘93. Smoak is killing the ball this road trip. 9 game hit streak now. Some bad news with Sanchez coming out after 4 because of a fingernail. Galvis came out with 2 out in bottom of 9th due to jamming his knee on a sliding play.
Thanks given by:
Terrible news.  Matt Shoemaker is done for the season with a torn ACL.   Sad
Thanks given by:
(7 hours ago)25YearRebuild Wrote: Terrible news.  Matt Shoemaker is done for the season with a torn ACL.   Sad

Wow thats awful news
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-20, 09:21 PM)Chris D Wrote: Galvis has been the best Jay early on.

Jay's thumped the A's today.   After their really bad like 3-11 start, they have actually been playing well.  Only 2 games under .500 now

Red Sox struggling and Yankees just lost Judge for a bit. 

At least we can maybe play some competitive games
Thanks given by:
(7 hours ago)25YearRebuild Wrote: Terrible news.  Matt Shoemaker is done for the season with a torn ACL.   Sad

That guy just can’t buy a good break. Feel horrible for him. He had the start to having a great year.
Thanks given by:
Jay's should take a flyer on Gio Gonzales.

Yanks didn't get him to the bigs, and he opted out.
Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)Chris D Wrote: Jay's should take a flyer on Gio Gonzales.

Yanks didn't get him to the bigs, and he opted out.

Would now be a time to take a big swing and maybe talk to a guy like Keuchel?
Thanks given by:
I think they'll probably ride with Sean Reid-Foley until Borucki or Richard are back.

Keuchel will still probably command a salary of $15M+ for 2019 when he does end up signing and the Jays have signalled they are doing this year on the cheap.

If there's one thing the Jays have this year, it's starting pitching depth. Pannone, Gaviglio, Biagini, and Waguespack are 40-man guys with starting experience. No need to bring in someone from outside the org at this point.
Thanks given by: