Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 preseason thread
It's started
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , FormalWare
Borucki will open grapefruit league action on Saturday.

Reid Foley on Sunday
Thanks given by:
Are Sanchez and Stroman hurt yet?
Thanks given by:
Tulo is a Yankee. He just hit a home run in his first at-bat in five years Against Blue Jay pitching.

Depressing.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
Not that I am a coach or anything, so I may be seeing something where there isn't, but something about Stromans delivery seems off.

I know you want fluid and repeatable, but there doesn't seem to be much drive with his legs in his pitches. Almost looks like he is doing soft toss/batting practice out there. Kind of a short stride. Not much of a push off his back leg.

Again, may be seeing something where there isn't. I haven't seen the numbers if there is a drop in velocity or anything. It was just something that didnt look right to me.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-25, 05:23 PM)FormalWare Wrote: Tulo is a Yankee. He just hit a home run in his first at-bat in five years Against Blue Jay pitching.

Depressing.

I wonder why his display after hitting the home run isn't being viewed more harshly.

If Bautista had done the same thing what would people think?

Tulowitzki has admitted hitting the home run was a big deal because the Jays told him he couldn't play, but they are also the team/city he went to the postseason twice with, and the team that is paying his full salary after giving him the freedom to sign where he wants. Let's also not forget that he told them he refused to play anywhere but shortstop.

He could've handled it differently.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-26, 09:51 AM)Unreal Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 05:23 PM)FormalWare Wrote: Tulo is a Yankee. He just hit a home run in his first at-bat in five years Against Blue Jay pitching.

Depressing.

I wonder why his display after hitting the home run isn't being viewed more harshly.

If Bautista had done the same thing what would people think?

Tulowitzki has admitted hitting the home run was a big deal because the Jays told him he couldn't play, but they are also the team/city he went to the postseason twice with, and the team that is paying his full salary after giving him the freedom to sign where he wants. Let's also not forget that he told them he refused to play anywhere but shortstop.

He could've handled it differently.

Ya I think he went a little too far with the bitterness...yelling at the dugout on his HR, staring down the dugout after a defensive play. This is spring training...not the WS.

He should understand that the Jays are rebuilding and want to play the younger guys. Did he expect to be a part of that? Instead they gave him a chance to go anywhere and possibly get a ring. They traded Russell Martin too in favor of young players but I haven't heard any bitterness from him.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like Tulo is being a douche.
Thanks given by: tmleafer
Knee inflammation for Travis - more of the same - still disappointing though.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-26, 12:46 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: Sounds like Tulo is being a douche.

He did the same thing when the Rockies traded him. No big deal.
Thanks given by:
Vladdy Jr at 250 lbs.
I'd keep him in the minors too until he drops a few. Nothing at all to do with service time.
Thanks given by:
So long Dwight Smith Jr.

We hardly knew ye.

He was DFA'd to make room for Bucholz.

...should have moved on from Pompey actually.
Thanks given by:
Vlad Jr out 3 weeks with an oblique strain.

thus ends the debate about whether he should or shouldn't start the season with the team. (He wouldn't have, but it would have been a talking point that he should have)
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-10, 11:01 AM)Chris D Wrote: Vlad Jr out 3 weeks with an oblique strain.

thus ends the debate about whether he should or shouldn't start the season with the team. (He wouldn't have, but it would have been a talking point that he should have)

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Jays players suffer an inordinate number of oblique strains? I don’t follow baseball as closely as hockey, so don’t know if it’s baseball wide. Seems every spring training, at least one, and usually at least a couple, of Jays suffer an oblique strain.
Thanks given by:
I definitely think there are more oblique injuries nowadays. Same goes for lat injuries to pitchers. Players are swinging and throwing harder than ever, so core and stabilizer muscles are probably under more strain.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13