Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 points good enough to make the playoffs?
https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/overunder-...every-team
Thanks given by:
My bold prediction... (wrong thread?)

The Pacific is still going to be the doormat of the league, but it will be led by Canadian teams this season.  In no particular order, Canucks, Flames and Oilers are the teams to beat. 

So yes, 90 points might be enough.
Where I live, it's always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close.

Thanks given by:
I think the right number is closer to 92-94. It's not that I think 90 isn't enough for the pacific, I just think that's not enough for the wild card. So in order to secure a spot in the playoffs, a third place finish is mandatory, and I feel like 90 is too low for a third spot. 90 is enough for a wildcard, but again, a wild card will not be available to the pacific this year, so the only entrance into the playoffs will be a top 3 finish, which will require 93 points.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare die"
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 08:23 PM)C_Squared Wrote: My bold prediction... (wrong thread?)

The Pacific is still going to be the doormat of the league, but it will be led by Canadian teams this season.  In no particular order, Canucks, Flames and Oilers are the teams to beat. 

I would like to see that, but I think Vegas is still the team to beat. Unless Fleury all of sudden falls off a cliff this year. But, if the Canadian teams are top 3 in the division, that would be great.
Thanks given by: C_Squared , Canucksfansince1989
(2019-08-15, 04:55 PM)teamblue Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 08:23 PM)C_Squared Wrote: My bold prediction... (wrong thread?)

I would like to see that, but I think Vegas is still the team to beat. Unless Fleury all of sudden falls off a cliff this year. But, if the Canadian teams are top 3 in the division, that would be great.

I think there is a very good chance Las Vegas would’ve won the Stanley Cup last year had it not been for that awful call in game 7. I think they take the Pacific rather easily.

Calgary is going to have a soul searching year similar to Vancouver in ‘94 after the disappointment in ‘93, which could be really good for them or rip the team apart (did both to Vancouver in ‘94 and again after 2012).

Edmonton should be better. I think the Neal trade was a straight up steal for them. Holland also drafted well this year. And they should get something useful for JP.

Arizona is actually the team that I think is the most underrated and most likely to surprise this year. They nearly made the playoffs last year and Rick Tocchet has his team buying in.
Thanks given by:
I think that a playoff spot will take 94 to 96 points.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-16, 06:29 PM)topgun Wrote: I think that a playoff spot will take 94 to 96 points.

3rd in the pacific or a wild card spot??

the west is general isn't very good only Calgary would have had 100 points last year if you take away the loser point

this will be the 1st year in forever, I cant even remember the last time , that a team makes the playoffs with less than 90 points
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by: