Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Couple New Rules
Been watching lots of the Hilinka tournament and they are experimenting with a couple new rules, I like them both

Late Hit, any hit after a player has gotten rid of the puck is now called a late hit instead of interference.

If goalie covers puck while on the PK the team on the PP gets to decide which side they want the faceoff on, team on PK also not allowed to change lines.

not major changes but ones that protect the players (d-men going back for pucks) and add a bit more of an advantage on the PP.

I would have liked to see a no icing rule on the PK of some sort.
Thanks given by:
1 rule I like to see changed is minor penalties run for the whole 2 minutes regardless if a goal is scored or not.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by: Rinkrat
I'd rather see the league lose a few rules, like the instigator penalty and the stupid trapezoid thing for goalies.
Thanks given by: Viable , shadylane , shadylane
(2018-08-10, 05:40 PM)OilWings Wrote: 1 rule I like to see changed is minor penalties run for the whole 2 minutes regardless if a goal is scored or not.

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation

That would be a pretty major change and I don't see it happening any time in the near future.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 05:58 PM)Fritz Wrote: I'd rather see the league lose a few rules, like the instigator penalty and the stupid trapezoid thing for goalies.

What's your issue with the trapezoid?

If I'm not mistaken, the premise was so that the goalie can't go out to play the puck on many dump-ins and, essentially, act as a third d-man. The premise was to help offence.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 06:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 05:58 PM)Fritz Wrote: I'd rather see the league lose a few rules, like the instigator penalty and the stupid trapezoid thing for goalies.

If I'm not mistaken, the premise was so that the goalie can't go out to play the puck on many dump-ins and, essentially, act as a third d-man.  The premise was to help offence.

Mayne the new premise should be stopping so many dump-ins.  

If the goalie has the skill, which most actually don't, to play the puck, more power to him.
Thanks given by:

I love the trapezoid rule!  I also agree the instigator penality should be scrapped.
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 06:07 PM)OilWings Wrote:

I love the trapezoid rule!  I also agree the instigator penality should be scrapped.

To me, there is just a bit too much dump and chase in the NHL.  The possible consequences of giving up possession of the puck to chase it into the corner should be, well, losing possession completely to the goalie.  

I think it was a cheap way to help the offence because you are essentially penalizing goalies that worked on the skill of handling the puck.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 06:14 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 06:07 PM)OilWings Wrote:

To me, there is just a bit too much dump and chase in the NHL.  The possible consequences of giving up possession of the puck to chase it into the corner should be, well, losing possession completely to the goalie.  

I think it was a cheap way to help the offence because you are essentially penalizing goalies for actually having worked on the skill of handling the puck.
I agree teams must carry the puck into the o-zone enough of this dump and chase crap.

I also like to see the Oilers implement a system to keep possession when making a line change. Enough of this getting the puck deep to make a line change. I hate giving the puck.

Lastly, Talbot should be awake to start games. Giving up the 1st goal in the 1st 5 mins of every game is so pathetic.

Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 06:06 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 06:03 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the premise was so that the goalie can't go out to play the puck on many dump-ins and, essentially, act as a third d-man.  The premise was to help offence.

Mayne the new premise should be stopping so many dump-ins.  

If the goalie has the skill, which most actually don't, to play the puck, more power to him.

A team that is sitting back playing the trap makes it almost impossible to skate the puck in. So a lob or a tip at centre ice is needed. If you have a goalie back there that just lobs the puck out to centre ice makes for a boring game and it also rewards a team for playing that trapping style.

This rule is there to prevent the return of the dead puck era. The New Jersey Devils with Marty Brodeur used that system to stifle any creativity which you say you want without many dump ins. 

I like the trapezoid.
Thanks given by:
I like the rules they're using at the Hlinka tournament. We see a ton of late hits in the NHL that get looked the other way. There is no reason for a player to be hit 2 seconds after the puck has left his stick or after a goal that is scored so that the player standing in front of the net gets a gloved shot to the face as a freebie by the defender on the team that just got scored upon.
Thanks given by:
My Rule of choice. and hopefully i can explain it properly.

Is once you've entered the other teams side of the red line there is no offside. the blue line still counts as the offside line, but once the puck goes over the red line you can cross the blue line without the thought of it being offside (unless it goes back over your side of the red line).

this stops the trap from working and makes dump ins a bit different. pushes the trap back and changes all the current clog up the neutral zone bs.

Don't know if it would work or how well it would work but with the players as skilled and defense minded as they are now the dump ins happen because there is no way to get past 5 people all behind the red line, you either ice the puck or you dump it in.
Thanks given by:
I am definitely not in favor of making fundamental changes to the game.
Thanks given by:
Didn't TSN or SN do a report on the trapezoid and show that it actually resulted in less goals scored?
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 07:09 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: My Rule of choice. and hopefully i can explain it properly.

Is once you've entered the other teams side of the red line there is no offside. the blue line still counts as the offside line, but once the puck goes over the red line you can cross the blue line without the thought of it being offside (unless it goes back over your side of the red line).

this stops the trap from working and makes dump ins a bit different. pushes the trap back and changes all the current clog up the neutral zone bs.

Don't know if it would work or how well it would work but with the players as skilled and defense minded as they are now the dump ins happen because there is no way to get past 5 people all behind the red line, you either ice the puck or you dump it in.

thinking outside the box, I like it.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 08:26 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 07:09 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: My Rule of choice. and hopefully i can explain it properly.

thinking outside the box, I like it.
It should add speed too because a dump in can be done in motion. Prob lead to more dump ins but more speed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 05:40 PM)OilWings Wrote: 1 rule I like to see changed is minor penalties run for the whole 2 minutes regardless if a goal is scored or not.

Agreed, that was the rule until the 1950s.  It was called the Canadiens rule.  I think it's time to go back.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 09:14 PM)Rinkrat Wrote:

Agreed, that was the rule until the 1950s.  It was called the Canadiens rule.  I think it's time to go back.
Yes I say it needs to change back.

Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 09:16 PM)OilWings Wrote:

No. 

I don't want to see a game end in 2 minutes.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 09:25 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:
(2018-08-10, 09:16 PM)OilWings Wrote:

No. 

I don't want to see a game end in 2 minutes.
What do u mean?

Thanks given by: